Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

NMM has about 10cm of snow in Sheffield, put my postcode in, about 7miles further south and i have none :p. Not to be taken literally ofc however i can see it now that all showers are going to run west to east, but just to the north of me  :laugh:

Yes the cup match at Bramall Lane tomorrow evening should be interesting!

Hopefully we will see something similar to last week here tomorrow night fingers crossed....

Posted

Pictures from that incredible snowfall where we had 2ft here in Dronfield North East Derbyshire enjoy  :D

Dont think il ever forget waking up on that morning and looking out of the window, there was just so much snow haha! 

• Like 1

Posted

Exciting runs tonight in the Model Thread shows a very cold period if all to be believed,but we all know how quickly things can change but I feel it's all heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Good grief! The excitement is killing me..It's going to be so hard to sleep tonight, knowing that I have a day of radar watching and expectation of snowfall tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Another disappointing update from Paul Hudson on Look North. Sounding promising over in the mod thread for a longer cold spell, but sounding like snow becoming largely resticted to coastal areas only rather than a widespread snow event.

Posted

Another disappointing update from Paul Hudson on Look North. Sounding promising over in the mod thread for a longer cold spell, but sounding like snow becoming largely resticted to coastal areas only rather than a widespread snow event.

He was totally wrong last week so wouldn't write off tomorrow just yet

Posted

Yes, i wouldn't pay too much attention to the BBC weather graphics and forecasts, just as you wouldn't with GFS and other model precipitation charts (especially in shower scenarios). They are only a guide. Our region will see snow tomorrow and Thursday, with pretty much anywhere at risk. Some will get lucky with 5-10cm, others may only getting a dusting! Wouldn't like to guess potential sweet spots, although Pennine regions should do well

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I don't get Paul :cc_confused:

wonder if he goes on netweather!

• Like 1

Posted

25cm of snow in Sheffield :laugh:  ?

post-6181-0-71161100-1422404503_thumb.pn

Of course wildly optimistic but highlights the potential for a decent covering should you be lucky enough to fall under a streamer

Posted

Don't you mean W, NWN flow, or you referring to the weekend? Showers will certainly make it across the Pennies, just a question of who they hit!

I doubt it. It works the other way when you have an E/NE flow, they die as they try to cross over the Pennines. Seen it so many times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

With the NW/N flow I can't see many showers making it over the Pennines throughout Wednesday evening & in to the early hours of Thursday.

They seem to have an easier time making it over here than vice versa. We got more than our fair shower of showers  from the West during the last 'cold snap'.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted

Read the north west thread and you'll see the agenda.

POst 430 onwards

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82385-north-west-england-weather-chat/page-22

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Dont think il ever forget waking up on that morning and looking out of the window, there was just so much snow haha!

It was unreal couldn't believe it to be honest i just kept thinking to myself wow this isn't supposed to be happening how much more are we actually going to get as the snow kept piling up.

Cant ever recall such a heavy fall in my life that wasn't forecast.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all ....well an interesting day BBC on Breakfast said " sleety mix over places like Manchester/Liverpool...and more proper snow Sheffield/Leeds"    now its going to be showers and some will be disappointed but if ya get under a streamer  :D ...Think its a radar day.

Edited by tayzi

Posted

Morning all ....well an interesting day BBC on Breakfast said " sleety mix over places like Manchester/Liverpool...and more proper snow Sheffield/Leeds"    now its going to be showers and some will be disappointed but if ya get under a streamer  :D ...Think its a radar day.

What Yorkshire got a mention on bbc Weather think there must have been reading this forum!

Posted

What Yorkshire got a mention on bbc Weather think there must have been reading this forum!

Yes I know !! We are famous.....although never actually said the word Yorkshire lol. They probably read this forum to get the forecast  :D

• Like 1

Posted

15012900_2800.gif

This has now been very consistent on this streamer!

15012906_2800.gif

Still going!

15012912_2800.gif#

Ties in well with met office warning area!

• Like 1

Posted

25cm of snow in Sheffield :laugh:  ?

attachicon.gifYeah right.png

Of course wildly optimistic but highlights the potential for a decent covering should you be lucky enough to fall under a streamer

Thats what netweather had yesterday for today and saturday b4 last...

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Really rough morning. Horrible weather - strong winds and driving rain. Also already had a brief spurt of Sleet (mostly snow than rain) which came as a shock, but checking radar and the cold front MAY be moving an hour faster than expected, its already snowing on the Scottish Border.

Edited by cowdog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Well here in Leeds im expecting snow, but it's been quite mild and the forecast is for sleety mix and heavy snow showers. I'd be surprised if there was much more than a slushy covering.

Posted

Well here in Leeds im expecting snow, but it's been quite mild and the forecast is for sleety mix and heavy snow showers. I'd be surprised if there was much more than a slushy covering.

When the Tempreature drops this afternoon that's when we will get the snow showers! I wouldn't worry about it been Mild ! Already got a hail in the driving wind today is gonna be a good day if your a snow fan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

The wet surface wont help though. We'll see, i hope im wrong! #managingexpectations