Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like Manchester and Sheffield will win tonight. Big shower an hour out from Leeds but everything's happening too far south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

THUNDER SNOW :D  woohoo! First time :cold:

I heard that too! And I'm sure I saw a flash of lightning. I wasn't sure at first but you've just confirmed it :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Sheffield in the sweet spot again as per last week..

Plenty of time yet. Some big showers coming in off the coast now, some directly for Leeds. Its supposed to keep this up all night and tomorrow morning so weve got hours of activity yet all over the place!

Exciting stuff. Im giddy like a kid again tonight haha ! :ninja:

Posted

Looks like Manchester and Sheffield will win tonight. Big shower an hour out from Leeds but everything's happening too far south.

And north,we are in the middle atm :rofl:  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

More hail here.

Posted

Plenty of time yet. Some big showers coming in off the coast now, some directly for Leeds. Its supposed to keep this up all night and tomorrow morning so weve got hours of activity yet all over the place!

Exciting stuff. Im giddy like a kid again tonight haha ! :ninja:

Stuff for Leeds is coming onshore around Barrow and Lancaster, stuff for Sheffield is coming onshore around Southport. 

Unfortunately for Leeds to match Sheffield we need the winds to back more westerly, right now there's too much of a northerly component.

I heard that too! And I'm sure I saw a flash of lightning. I wasn't sure at first but you've just confirmed it :)

Nice one! That shower just a few miles north of here, sad to miss out on that one, but plenty more to come methinks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those frustrating evenings! Whilst there are plenty of snow showers around I think any settling snow will be localised with many of us missing out by morning. The speed at which the showers are passing through isn't helping either.

The Met Office forecast for our region tonight isn't exactly inspiring confidence either, even though the pictures look great, the words aren't, as quoted below....scattered showers!

Cold and windy with scattered hail and snow showers through the night. Some accumulations likely to low levels in some parts, with accumulations more likely over the Pennines. Icy stretches may develop in between snow showers during cold clear conditions. Minimum Temperature -2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Light to moderate snow here for the last twenty minutes but not settling.

Everything wet apart from the shed roof which has the tiniest of dustings. Alot of drip dripping going on as well.

Quite unexpected actually. Here's hoping for some more intense showers later in the evening and overnight...

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

A little hopeful for at least a dusting here. If that did happen we would have broken our laying snow drought. As for the weekend areas east of the A1 might do ok. It's just a pleasure to go and radar watch like you guys in the west. Fingers crossed anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Just making our way over to Hemingfield (Barnsley) from Penistone :)

http://youtu.be/C1h3ZqLtphQ

Got to get back too!

Posted

Perusing the other forums I can't see anyone that has a decent covering yet. Hailing here again now. Hopefully pick up and have a covering by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Big flash of lightning here. Not seen thundersnow since 2010! Shame the precipitation was light.

Posted

Perusing the other forums I can't see anyone that has a decent covering yet. Hailing here again now. Hopefully pick up and have a covering by morning.

On the scottish thread theres a guy in lerwick that has a good covering haha  :vava:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Just making our way over to Hemingfield (Barnsley) from Penistone :)

http://youtu.be/C1h3ZqLtphQ

Got to get back too!

Don't worry about any snow here...wet not white!

Posted

On the scottish thread theres a guy in lerwick that has a good covering haha  :vava:

Ha ha! Its now raining :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Don't worry about any snow here...wet not white!

Arrived and the temperature on the car read out is 2c, it was flickering between 0-1 over peni way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Apparently the thunderclap was over Bradfield way

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well I'm not bothered about missing the showers right now as the temperature isn't cold enough anyway.

It is strange, it keeps reverting to hail and pellets here even. I thought the cold air was supposed to be in place now? I know the models were saying -8 uppers tonight and tomorrow morning.

Posted

Torrential hail again now covering car roof. Couple of rumbles of thunder too. Showing on blitzortung lightning monitor app.