Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Another disappointing day for snow cover. Mostly patchy and wet outside. Just had a burst of moderate snow.

The snowline is about 160m.

It's frustrating that if these showers were just one big band the amount of snow on the ground would have been a couple of cm's.

I guess we'll see what that band to the north brings.

Into next week the models aren't too keen on any significant snow falling from Tue/Wed front. After that more chances of Atlantic fronts turning to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Seems like the precip to the north is rain along the coast with initial sleet then snow inland. Snow on the back edge presumably as the wind behind kicks in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Id be very sceptical of any substantial snow fall this week tbh.Looks like any fronts will fizzle out and at best give maybe a dusting here and there.Also any easterly will not deliver due to the wind strength and 850s.Just to note even with ice outside and temps of 2dg we have light rain and that's at alttitude!!!!

Posted

Id be very sceptical of any substantial snow fall this week tbh.Looks like any fronts will fizzle out and at best give maybe a dusting here and there.Also any easterly will not deliver due to the wind strength and 850s.Just to note even with ice outside and temps of 2dg we have light rain and that's at alttitude!!!!

I disagree, tuesday night and wednesday night look good for some snowfall. More inland areas favoured.

Rtavn664.gif

Rtavn6617.gif

Rtavn904.gif

Rtavn9017.gif

Could be a lengthy spell of snow for some over these 2 days

• Like 1

Posted

The EURO4 is having none of it.

The NMM shows a more defined front bringing mostly rain/wet snow to lower levels.

The Net Weather in house model goes for a decaying front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Turning back to snow now but haven't had anything much heavier than drizzle anyway today.

Posted

quite lengthy spells of snow both yesterday and today, but always leaving just a smidgen.  Difficult driving on the ice last night.

Posted

I disagree, tuesday night and wednesday night look good for some snowfall. More inland areas favoured.

Rtavn664.gif

Rtavn6617.gif

Rtavn904.gif

Rtavn9017.gif

Could be a lengthy spell of snow for some over these 2 days

More "Inland" Area's IE: MY AREA BARNSLEY!!! lol

We normally do well :)

• Like 1

Posted

just driving back from Middlesborough now and about to head back over the Moors to Pickering this evening ..........its beginning to snow ....and settle here.

Looking good for the moors and wolds later id say ( Vizzy's map looks to be correct )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

People shouldn't get upset because they're seeing the snow thawing, it was always forecast for temps to rise above freezing point today. 3'C at sea level and a degree or two higher up.

This winter has been far more interesting than last year unless you love rain and floods.

I missed Snow over Xmas with being away but I seen a little snow during week, yesterday and I've been up to Peak District today for a proper snow fix.

That alone out does last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

You guys in Yorkshire get ready for this band of snow if it reaches before decaying ; this snow has layed on ground what was soaking wet so that's no problem either and I'm at 18m asl and 10miles from the coast

• Like 1

Posted

You guys in Yorkshire get ready for this band of snow if it reaches before decaying ; this snow has layed on ground what was soaking wet so that's no problem either and I'm at 18m asl and 10miles from thcoast

Send it this way SS1..cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

You guys in Yorkshire get ready for this band of snow if it reaches before decaying ; this snow has layed on ground what was soaking wet so that's no problem either and I'm at 18m asl and 10miles from the coast

and send some to me please haha :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That would be nice to know, haven't seen any local snowfall so far this Winter having missed out on the Boxing Day event which hit nearby Lincoln with a few cms of wet snow.

Edited by djrikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Precip type showing snow as it moves across the NY Moors, won't be long before it reaches me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just having fish and chips in Thornton Le dale after a mountain bike sesh in dalby this aft, just checked the radar and OMG we are heading straight back in there now huge shower coming down off the North Sea. Hope I don't get stuck down there :D