Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Radar shows precipitation moving down through North Yorkshire. Not forecast anything until 2pm(rain/sleet) so I'm not sure if this is early or something unexpected. Last night it must have snowed quite hard because it settled on wet ground.

Light snow here at the moment!

Where are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Glorious Winter morning here!

Clear blue skies, the temperature is hovering around freezing and a lovely sugar coating of snow that was left after the line of heavier showers that pushed through yesterday evening.

Perfect!

I must admit though, it does look a bit lethal under foot so I don't think I will be venturing out to enjoy it just yet!

And who knows, we may even get a little more snow later from that band that is pushing south out of Scotland.

Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Snowing here. Was thinking was going to be a short flurry, as thought this was coming from West, its not its coming from the North.

Big flakes, as well going on radar could last an hour. Should be hitting Bradford / Leeds about now.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

Radar shows precipitation moving down through North Yorkshire. Not forecast anything until 2pm(rain/sleet) so I'm not sure if this is early or something unexpected. Last night it must have snowed quite hard because it settled on wet ground.

Where are you?

Keighley,snowing moderate now,surprised to say the least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Please add your location next to where you've put your height above sea level under your avatar, thanks :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Not forecast. Been snowing fairly well up in Geordie land. We might get a nice spell at reasonable altitude. Certainly cold enough and dew points are OK.

Posted

Yes it certainly is. Although its flipping between light and moderate!

Looking at the radar, Leeds will do well I reckon....

Edited by Sunny_AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Definitely clouding over from the NW here as well. Hope we get another top up from this - was nice to get 2 or 3 cm's from yesterday's showers.

Tuesday/Wednesday looks interesting for our region as well...

Posted

I'm certainly not expecting much beyond cold nights and drizzly North sea dreck next week for our part of the world. With height and further west, Tuesday has some potential, but I'm not convinced that the frontal system with have much cohesion by the time it reaches here, and the Post Wednesday easterly air flow looks very slack. We saw in 2013, again, that this usually spells grey skies and drizzle on the coast unless temps are much lower than those I'm seeing suggested at the moment. If you live in west, north or South Yorkshire, then there's a fair bit more to take some heart from, and you would think these to be favoured over the next week, but it doesn't look particularly inspiring if you happen to be in East Lincs or East Yorks, at least to my eyes.

Indeed, it looks pretty poor to be honest. The T850s just don't look cold enough if you don't have any elevation or are close to the coast. The frontal system on Tuesday still looks like the best chance, but I'm not sure if there's enough cold air ahead of it for us to receive more than a wintry mix.

It'd just be nice to see a snow flake. It has been 22 months now!

Posted

Just bought the NW radar for a month so probably cursed any cold spell!

There seems to be a reasonable clump heading toards York but keeps flipping between snow and sleet.

Beautiful sunshine at the moment though.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Its been Snowing in Ingleton for over an hour now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Latest radar on weather type shows the band in the north of the region turning increadingly to sleet. I don't expect anything but sleet and maybe even rain in Barnsley today.

Posted

MetO predicted this band to mainly affect central and eastern areas, it now looks to be only keeping its intensity towards West Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just about starting to snow here in Armley.

Posted

After moving from about 400 feet asl in Huddersfield, to Clarence Dock in Leeds, I've realised how spoiled I've been the last few years. Nothing more than a dusting in the last few days and all the daytime showers have been sleety/rain. Guess it's what I should expect for living so low down :closedeyes:

Same here. 

I lived with my parents about a mile from Tong Garden Center and it gets as high as 220m (think my house was 184m). Coming into Leeds for university there has been more than one occasion when I've had sleet and my parents snow, let alone the accumulation difference like yesterday.

No snow in Bramley, Leeds. Lots of cloud though.

It's just spitting snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Rain here too.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well it always was a dying feature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Raining even tho it was snowing 5 mins ago what happened anyone know ?

Posted

Well the MetO have got some cheek, they have obviously come into this thread and copied from my snow prediction last night as this is what they have issued for this evening/overnight.  :D

10941683_10155156185955245_816382424_n.j

• Like 1