Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

been snowing lightly here for about an hour now but its only built up to about a cm. Strange how slowly light snow builds up. Boxing Day was epic, got so deep so fast. This is the opposite lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Snow Stopped in Barnsley now and the slush has frozen very quickly. Daughters boyfriend only just managed to get his car up the drive and then it slid back down again despite being in gear and with the handbrake on. Had to go out and rescue him with a bucket if grit!

Posted

Latest GFS is a belter for snow for our region tuesday and wednesday!

ROUND 1 ~ Good 6 hours of snowfall

gfs-2-72.png?18

Swiftly followed by ROUND 2 ~  Another good 6 hours of snowfall

gfs-2-90.png?18

Cold overnight minima so snow shouldn't melt in between snowfalls

gfs-9-84.png?18

Only a guide but fun to look at

uksnowdepth.png

• Like 3

Posted

Marvelous HC! :D Loving those charts! Lets hope we get something similar to those in the end. As you say, cold all week so it should just keep piling up :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Looking forward to the snow next week but not the drive to Work in Morley it takes hours in the snow all the trucks lining up to get over the M62 plus won't have time to play in it with the kids if it's midweek hope it lasts to the weekend :-)

Posted

Big blizzard outside atm now. Best its been all day. Its good to see Sheffield getting a good heavy shower. Radar looks good for us too for a while :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow !!!!

Big fat flakes here in mosborough sheffield

Posted

I'm glad the Yorkshire thread is nothing like the North West thread they literally hang onto the BBC/Accu weather 5 day forecast as if it's accurate. I mean your into weather and would rather use the computer generated 5 day nonsense.

• Like 5

Posted

Radar shows some shower pushing in around 2.30am for leedspost-2845-0-72341900-1421538727_thumb.jp

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

A more organised band of snow heading from the north at the moment. I would guess it will hit our region in about 2 hours. I hope it will still be cold enough then to settle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Morning all,

Still not a flake of snow here so far ..

Darned chilly start though at -4ºC .

Was a freezing mist but that has cleared now.

B.  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Any help?

Why does the bbc txt say a period of snow forecast tonight with accumulations but no other word of it??!

Posted

I'm glad the Yorkshire thread is nothing like the North West thread they literally hang onto the BBC/Accu weather 5 day forecast as if it's accurate. I mean your into weather and would rather use the computer generated 5 day nonsense.

I give up with the BEEB lol can't take there forecasts seriously

But it certainly is looking great for Yorkshire Tuesday/Wednesday plenty of potential :yahoo: :yahoo:

In Scunny had very wet, sleety, snowy mix yesterday afternoon. Have awoken to a beautiful crisp winters day, with a hint of fog on the horizon. Still baffled as to what may happen over the next few days, I am hopeful that we may get a dusting from the band moving down the east coast, but really have no expectations.

Posted

I give up with the BEEB lol can't take there forecasts seriously

But it certainly is looking great for Yorkshire Tuesday/Wednesday plenty of potential :yahoo: :yahoo:

Really... Not only the intensity looks pretty poor but the cold uppers are getting more and more mixed out. 

Mind you, you could be on more higher ground so you got more potential of what falls out of the sky to be of snow.

• Like 1

Posted

A more organised band of snow heading from the north at the moment. I would guess it will hit our region in about 2 hours. I hope it will still be cold enough then to settle!

Yes indeed. It's come quicker than I thought. The beeb were saying it would hit around 3pm

Posted

Really... Not only the intensity looks pretty poor but the cold uppers are getting more and more mixed out. 

Mind you, you could be on more higher ground so you got more potential of what falls out of the sky to be of snow.

I was surprised at the heavy shower we had last night which has left a covering and just frozen over! :) looks pretty and but also dangerous as the council dosen't grit our area because it's not a main road.

Posted

After moving from about 400 feet asl in Huddersfield, to Clarence Dock in Leeds, I've realised how spoiled I've been the last few years. Nothing more than a dusting in the last few days and all the daytime showers have been sleety/rain. Guess it's what I should expect for living so low down :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely winter wonderland here this morning and looks like some more to come for an hour or two at lunchtime :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

I'm certainly not expecting much beyond cold nights and drizzly North sea dreck next week for our part of the world. With height and further west, Tuesday has some potential, but I'm not convinced that the frontal system with have much cohesion by the time it reaches here, and the Post Wednesday easterly air flow looks very slack. We saw in 2013, again, that this usually spells grey skies and drizzle on the coast unless temps are much lower than those I'm seeing suggested at the moment. If you live in west, north or South Yorkshire, then there's a fair bit more to take some heart from, and you would think these to be favoured over the next week, but it doesn't look particularly inspiring if you happen to be in East Lincs or East Yorks, at least to my eyes. Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Well, the BBC forecast has left me a bit underwhelmed! Nowt but rain forecast here on the coast (Bloody cold rain it'll be too!!). Best chance for us was Tuesday night but at present we'll be lucky if anything makes it this far east.

On the plus side, lowest temp of winter this morning at -3.3C. That with patchy fog made for a nice hoar frost.