Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Interesting how its snowing in Strensall at basically sea level and raining at 185m in Leeds  :blink2:

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Going up Ingleborough later guys could be interesting.

Posted

Well the MetO have got some cheek, they have obviously come into this thread and copied from my snow prediction last night as this is what they have issued for this evening/overnight.  :D

10941683_10155156185955245_816382424_n.j

Lol. They should employ you.....

Posted

Interesting how its snowing in Strensall at basically sea level and raining at 185m in Leeds  :blink2:

Yeah! its nothing spectacular and its not laying but its still snow!

Posted

Just passing just got a weather warning via twitter via met office for snow enjoy!,

Posted

Same here Lee,was surprised at the snow today though,let's hope it is a taster of things to come!!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Front pepping over the west dying away over the east. Won't be much if anything left by the time it gets here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Anyone any ideas on bbc forecasting snow tonight! Can't see it myself

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just watched weather for week ahead. And unfortunately it's looking dry for our region next week. Cold and frosty. Can't see any snowfall for us to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Sleet then rain for us here. Still raining a bit, but it's thawing out the ice that was on the driveway. I'm pretty glad to be honest - I didn't fancy clearing ice at 6am tomorrow morning to get my car out!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Front pepping over the west dying away over the east. Won't be much if anything left by the time it gets here.

Just a little light drizzle here now and quite a thaw going on.

Just watched weather for week ahead. And unfortunately it's looking dry for our region next week. Cold and frosty. Can't see any snowfall for us to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about that. Snow events can and do pop up at short notice, especially with low pressures swinging across our region.

If the last 24 hours is anything to go by you have to worry more that it will be a wintry mix rather than snow instead of worrying about it being dry.

Hopefully if we do get any sort of Easterly feed later in the week, conditions will become more favourable for snow...

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

Let's not bother looking for snow for the Rest of the week then close the thread!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Ignore what they say - seriously. Complete and utter waste of time.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the models at this stage either - GFS for some reason decides to include a rogue mild sector on Wednesday. Best to wait until the event is within 24 hours.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Afternoon everyone.

Dissapointing afternoon, front has totaly died now before reaching me. Nothing on it at all. Pethetic. This is my worry for Tues/Weds aswell. Rubbish!

Even up here, temps have got above freezing and slow thaw. Still snow on the ground though, and as the sun will be going down now it will halt the thaw shortly. Its looking very cold tonight so anything left will freeze solid.

Watch out in the morning everyone, lots of melt water about and its going to be ice rink Yorkshire tomorrow!

Posted

The BBC prefer to down play and go on the cautious side...better for them to say we have some unexpected snow the day before rather than predicting it days in advance then nothing at all. That would make them look worse.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Afternoon everyone.

Dissapointing afternoon, front has totaly died now before reaching me. Nothing on it at all. Pethetic. This is my worry for Tues/Weds aswell. Rubbish!

Even up here, temps have got above freezing and slow thaw. Still snow on the ground though, and as the sun will be going down now it will halt the thaw shortly. Its looking very cold tonight so anything left will freeze solid.

Watch out in the morning everyone, lots of melt water about and its going to be ice rink Yorkshire tomorrow!

Its the way with flows from the west you get it less, while we get it less when its a easterly. Given the overall pattern does seem to point to a easterly based flow happening some point this week, so your time will come, assuming a rampant mild spell doesn't come in and spoil the party.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

I left Pickering at about 11.30 this morning with a few tiny flakes of snow falling, then while in York got to see some heavy snow - only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes but it's the first snowfall I've seen since early 2013 so I was happy! Didn't settle or anything but was still good to watch coming down.

Temperature outside 1.5c, currently cloudy. Not sure what to expect from the next lot of precipitation heading south, probably mostly sleet at this altitude.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

In half an hour between 2-2.30pm temp has dropped from 5.6c to 3.0c and dew point also which is now -1.6c lovely day today no clouds blue sky and some frost still :)