Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Now we're getting somewhere, showers beginning to move south from east of Scotland and some activity getting going off the coast of Nothumberland at last.

Someones obviously pressed the "north sea convection"  on button. :D

Posted

you are right why do you think that is 

I don't know, its always been the case(from my experience) on the radar that you see PPN dissapearing/fizzling out from a line East of Edinburgh usually, no idea why though. 

As people say, things are developing now so hopefully something will occur but you can see the showers in Northern Scotland starting too veer more SSE'ly so the flow is changing. If all goes to plan, we could see a slow moving streamer like, lets see what happens. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Strange that.  They seemed to appear from nowhere. I recall seeing this in the past.  Maybe its a radar glitch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Few flakes starting to drift down again.... All I want is a proper thick covering instead of this sugar coating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Right here we go.

The rain showers are heading my way :yahoo:

Can anyone post a radar pic please?

In return I will post a rain shower pic.

• Like 1

Posted

Few flakes starting to drift down again.... All I want is a proper thick covering instead of this sugar coating

Let's not get carried away haha, having worked in Thornaby for 3 years I know how much of a snow-free zone it is! A sugar coating there is the equivalent of 6 inches anywhere else.

Posted

Right here we go.

The rain showers are heading my way :yahoo:

Can anyone post a radar pic please?

In return I will post a rain shower pic.

What temp is it At yours?  Its -0.4c here so I doubt it will be rain.

Posted

The ones from Scotland seem to be heading towards us.. the ones pepping up over the sea seem to me heading down the coast and not towards land.. anyone??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Let's not get carried away haha, having worked in Thornaby for 3 years I know how much of a snow-free zone it is! A sugar coating there is the equivalent of 6 inches anywhere else.

yep it indeed is however on the odd occasion it can be a sweet spot in streamer situations just hoping tonight we get some proper snow and to give the cover a fighting chance of lasting tomorrow hopefully

Posted

The ones from Scotland seem to be heading towards us.. the ones pepping up over the sea seem to me heading down the coast and not towards land.. anyone??

Its difficult to say.  I don't trust the radar at the moment.

Posted

Its difficult to say.  I don't trust the radar at the moment.

Its one of those radar situations where it be so hard to predict what them showers are going to do, I suspect it could be a joyful night for some, frustration for others. 

Posted

What temp is it At yours?  Its -0.4c here so I doubt it will be rain.

I'm not sure of specifics, but rest assured it will be too warm.

Its one of those radar situations where it be so hard to predict what them showers are going to do, I suspect it could be a joyful night for some, frustration for others. 

Eeeny meeny miny moe ...

Yep, frustration wins again.

Posted

I'm not sure of specifics, but rest assured it will be too warm.

Couple of things to consider which will work in our favor. 

Dew temps are lower now, air marginally colder now, its night time, off shore breeze which will ease off further as the night goes on which will make better conditions for evaporate cooling. 

Obviously its means nothing if we don't get any precipitation though.

Posted

Couple of things to consider which will work in our favor. 

Dew temps are lower now, air marginally colder now, its night time, off shore breeze which will ease off further as the night goes on which will make better conditions for evaporate cooling. 

Obviously its means nothing if we don't get any precipitation though.

I'll be up and about at 8am and if there is any meaningful snow on the ground I'll bare my backside in Fenwicks window tomorrow night.

Posted

Will be surprised if anyone a couple of miles or more inland don't get all snow. Possibly sleety on the coast, but with dew points comfortably below zero and temps just above, most will be fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

temp 1.1c dp -0.6c

Posted

I'll be up and about at 8am and if there is any meaningful snow on the ground I'll bare my backside in Fenwicks window tomorrow night.

So what is your meaning of "meaningful snow on the ground" then? Just so we know where to avoid tomorrow morning.  :wink:

Still a hard radar to judge, upper air winds are no doubt going to veer shortly so as i say, its perfect conditions for a streamer type to set up but it could also be frustrating if winds are going to keep any shower activity off shore.

Posted

So what is your meaning of "meaningful snow on the ground" then? Just so we know where to avoid tomorrow morning.  :wink:

Still a hard radar to judge, upper air winds are no doubt going to veer shortly so as i say, its perfect conditions for a streamer type to set up but it could also be frustrating if winds are going to keep any shower activity off shore.

Where there is enough to see yellow spots next to lamp posts.

Posted

Unfortunately we could be seeing the effects of the flow slackening off and showers potentially struggling making their way down here, frustrating radar but sort of sums up the winter so far in many ways. 

Still would not rule out anything mind, everytime the radar updates, its kinda nail biting!

Posted

I thought it was just more of a lull while the upper flow changes GS.

I've been watching a couple of showers and they're continuing to track SW. I just think it's going to be a couple of hours before they hit the likes of Newcastle and even longer for Teesside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

Unfortunately we could be seeing the effects of the flow slackening off and showers potentially struggling making their way down here, frustrating radar but sort of sums up the winter so far in many ways. 

Still would not rule out anything mind, everytime the radar updates, its kinda nail biting!

you think so/? lol im literally 10 mile from where it is slowing!! im hoping it makes it soon everyrefresh of the radar ans it seems no closer lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Round 2 anyone:

post-8844-0-53748900-1421625069_thumb.pn