Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Winds seem to be veering around a mini low atm blowing the showers around.

Strange evening tonight with that said mini low, temp around 1.3c here and been like that since the heavy snow from around 3.30pm... lying snow slowly melting too.

overcast/drizzle outside now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Strange evening tonight with that said mini low, temp around 1.3c here and been like that since the heavy snow from around 3.30pm... lying snow slowly melting too.

overcast/drizzle outside now.

0c here and a nice crust forming on the snow for round 3 hopefully.

The showers look to be coming on shore from Northumberland turning wintry then heading due south. There actually encircling where I am, doh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Saw a fair but of falling snow today.

But not a single flake stuck.

Typical! I can't remember convective snow not sticking in my area ... until today that is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

Got sleet over Darlington current temp is 1.4c

There's nothing more depressing than sleet!! I would far rather have warm heavy rain with slate grey skies than sleet!!   :bad:

Edited by Continental Climate
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Quite an intense shower passing to the North of me, hitting Cramlington.  It was still sleet here, but I would have thought it would be snow in that intensity.  Temp here is 0c.  The place is going to be like an ice rink in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

So is there gonna be any joy for today or tmoz? I checked out the met office site for darlo and was disappointed  to find only a bit of light snow forecast. Looks like another non event for the lowland populated parts of our region. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

looking at the latest weather forecast on the beeb by the lovely carol not much ppn makes it too our region very patchy and light so yeah i would say another non event for our region

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Warnings for snow will be issued anytime this morning according to Ian F I wonder if they'll get this far north with the warnings......

Warnings re tonight-tomorrow will be issued this morning. Wales, Midlands and parts of N at greatest risk of disruptive snow.

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Yea that is a kick in the teeth. I was about to say knowing our luck it will stop at Thirsk.

Wasn’t far off.

Edited by NorthEastSnow

Posted

Yea that is a kick in the teeth. I was about to say knowing our luck it will stop at Thirsk.

Wasn’t far off.

Yep York looks to be the northern most point sums up what happened during the first half of winter really too far north at Christmas, too far north tonight it appears and Sundays event the snow managed to hang around for what? 3 hours at low levels?

Posted

Yep York looks to be the northern most point sums up what happened during the first half of winter really too far north at Christmas, too far north tonight it appears and Sundays event the snow managed to hang around for what? 3 hours at low levels?

Yes. It’s quite frustrating.. in fact very.

The only slight optimism is that if they say a few miles further and its us in the south of the region that gets some fun.

Not looking good though, Will be hard to listen to reports of 3-5cm in York and nothing 50 miles further north.

Edited by NorthEastSnow

Posted

Well with nothing much being made of tonight/ tomorrow, this has been a really disappointing 'cold spell', especially for areas similar to mine which have been too near the coast. It's reminded me off some of the winters pre-09, where there's been talk of snow and then all that's happened is its sleeted/wet snowed into puddles.

Hopefully we get something better for low levels in our region before the winter is out, a proper North Easterly/ Easterly is sorely missed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

still a lot of uncertainties regarding the snow could be further north could be further south

Details remain uncertain regarding the extent and amount of snowfall, in particular the northward extent of snowfall into northern England (indeed some areas may miss the snow altogether). Therefore it is likely that this warning will be updated in the light of new information and may be upgraded to Amber should confidence increase sufficiently. 

Posted

This mornings NMM is offering some hope, it may be like Sunday where we'll end up watching the radar and hoping for the best

nmm_uk1-1-20-0.png?20-12nmm_uk1-1-23-0.png?20-12nmm_uk1-1-26-0.png?20-12nmm_uk1-1-29-0.png?20-12

The NMM at 0.05° is still updating I'll post back if it follows the NMM 2km

EDIT Its now updated its not bad

nmmuk-1-23-0.png?20-12nmmuk-1-25-0.png?20-12nmmuk-1-27-0.png?20-12

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Lunchtime forecast shows some snow making its way to the NE nothing significant but enough to maybe leave a light covering in places

Untitled3567576854.png

Posted

Lunchtime forecast shows some snow making its way to the NE nothing significant but enough to maybe leave a light covering in places

Untitled3567576854.png

Ye the graphics on ITV weather just now showed the snow over North East :)

Posted

There is a lot of gritters out on the roads so maybe a sign they are taking this a bit more serious.

They must have had a warning from the Met Office that the snow could potentially reach us otherwise why would they be out at this time?

Posted

They must have had a warning from the Met Office that the snow could potentially reach us otherwise why would they be out at this time?

Unless they think Ice could be an hazard where the ground is still wet / damp from the snow melt?