resembled Olaf from Frozen. 

Me: 4.gif'Let it snow, let it snow...' 4.gif

Mini Miss SS: '<Sighs> No daddy, it's let it go'

:)

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

A light covering whiteout this morning in Perth. Was a heavy shower on the school run and lightly snowing at the mo. Whilst everything is white, im not convinced that its really building up though, i think dew points might be a bit marginal?

Posted

Wife just phoned to say she was walking to work and resembled Olaf from Frozen. Apparently heavy snow in Darvel then.

School is closed due to no heating so looks like I may have to go home early.

Maybe we'll get something decent after all.

Nothing in Prestwick. Dry as a bone.

Weird how it misses the coast in a str8 westerly but 20 miles or so inland heavy snow !! Edited by jellybaby1969

Posted

Me: 4.gif'Let it snow, let it snow...' 4.gif

Mini Miss SS: '<Sighs> No daddy, it's let it go'

:)

With the tone in her voice when she called I'm pretty sure she would have skipped over that one in her iTunes library this morning!

Posted

Weird how it misses the coast in a str8 westerly but 20 miles or so inland heavy snow !!

Looking at the radar it looked like the showers only appeared once inland which looked a bit strange.

I think they are past Darvel now by the looks of it.

Fingers crossed some more pops up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

Woke to a very skimpy layer of "snow" but mainly ice. Heavy snow shower on school run but off again now. Hoping to see some big flakes later in the afternoon/ evening  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

A couple of inches of snow and still showers coming in.Was -0.5C at 8.00am.local primaries are closed and the forecast looks like it's going to get worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Think it was around 7am before anything kicked off here.   A slight covering  and still flurrying away. 1.3c/0.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

It stopped snowing here and is actually slowly melting i think. Why is it always so marginal lol  :wallbash:

Edited by over_the_rainbow
  • Like 1

Posted

I can't see outside from work but someone confirmed snow at sea level in Prestwick about 1/2 an hour ago.

That's a good sign. Now all we need is something to fall from the sky!

Posted

Stirling Heat&SnawShields in fully working condition.

All that money saved at Hogmany is being put to good use I see.

:nonono:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Oh well, didn't really have to look in the radar but doing so confirmed that the Cairngorms are indeed soaking up all the snow before it reaches this far east. Models I've looked at this morning (ECM, GFS & GFSp) all seem to suggest a change to a more northerly, then easterly, flow from Sunday onwards which means more chance of snow for this neck of the woods, as long as we can get the precipitation and the 850 temps play ball.

In the meantime I demand pictures!

• Like 1

Posted

That last shower came down thick and fast.   Nice covering now.

• Like 3

Posted

I can't see outside from work but someone confirmed snow at sea level in Prestwick about 1/2 an hour ago.

That's a good sign. Now all we need is something to fall from the sky!

A little hail unfortunately

There's lightning being reported to the north of NI, should be heading east as forecast. I've never seen thundersnow so am quite jealous of the prospect for western areas.

I can also see that there are light showers pepping up to my west, fingers crossed they keep developing as they head east, I wasn't expecting anything at all today but might see some light snow/sleet/rain later on which would be good/ok/annoying as applicable.

In the meantime I demand pictures!

I know, peeps that have snow should by law have to post multiple pictures :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Most places in Scotland have had a cold, icy start, with snow showers giving some snow accumulations to all levels, and causing difficult driving conditions and blizzards. The cold conditions will continue through today, with the snow showers most frequent across the north and west, where snow accumulations are likely to all levels. The showers will also bring an increased lightning risk to the west and north during today.  

Forecasters are assessing the possibility of a band of more prolonged snow showers spreading eastwards across central and northern Scotland during this afternoon and the early evening. This would bring a risk of snow to low levels, including through the central belt, with the potential for 2-5cm of snow accumulating at low levels within a couple of hours, and locally 5-8cm above around 100m.        

After another cold night, with snow showers most frequent across the west and north, there is the potential for another band of snow showers to spread across much of the country during Wednesday morning. There is low confidence on this potential at the moment.   

A Yellow Alert for Snow , with a mention of ice, was issued yesterday. This was based upon a medium likelihood of low impacts, but this is likely to be changed to a low likelihood of medium impacts when it is updated later this morning. This is to reflect the possibility of more widespread snow accumulations in places this afternoon and during tomorrow morning, and the need for an Amber Warning will also be discussed. The Alert is valid until 1200 on Wednesday.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

OTR and ALLY

No doubt it is slightly wet but was certainly accumulating in the school playground at Luncarty, I think there is melt as soon as it stops and the temperature nudges back up, Windy WIlson was on the radio confident would be on off all day and increase later and all the charts certainly look like as LS posted that we could do rather well later.....unfortunately always gonna be marginal a large percentage of the time in this setup so I will take it.....if dont melt too much already have enough for a wee sledge down the hill when get home tonight

edit my work weather updates say no more significant snow in Perth until after 15.30 when the more organised band may materialise

Edited by edodfc
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite a heavy snow shower going on now just outside Penicuik. Will make up for my lack of it at home!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Snow showers feeding through now:)

Posted

I wish it had been a bit lighter at half 5 this morning. I was walking the dogs and I'm sure (although not 100% certain) I saw a pretty nice anvil of a CB. Looked a beauty

Posted

Nothing in East Ayrshire. No showers showing to be approaching on the horizon. Disappointing. It looks like hit and miss today again.

The 06z GFS and GFSP runs are coming out, looking pretty good so far. Tentative signs of a big pattern change are defo afoot :D

Edit: Deep in FI but these are MAX temps for Thursday next week, lunchtime and then overnight:

post-2844-0-41833600-1421146725_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-87344700-1421146727_thumb.pn

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Bit blizzardy here just now.....

post-1989-0-65759800-1421145719_thumb.jp

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3