Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Cheers Lss . We usually do not bad out of a marginal North westerly so here's hoping for the first lamppost watch of the 2014/15 winter :cheers:

Also getting married next Friday so hoping for a bit of snow to be around (I'm sure sombody else on here is as well next week?) Although it will take an upgrade to get low lying Glasgow snow I'll be keeping an eye on it with the current charts not being miles off... :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Interesting post from Roger J Smith(?) over on the Stratosphere thread regarding the upcoming low and what will happen after this, He's going for week before Xmas for march of the cold air coming to W.Europe whether this means UK am not sure, aye so anyway might be some interest to others in here! Hopefully we get some snow at Christmas period rather than Mild westerlies. 

• Like 2

Posted

Will be keeping an eye on this thread with keen interest over the next few days, anticipating lots of expectation regarding possible snowfall, hopefully we will see reports ofsnow down to quite low levels..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Cheers Lss . We usually do not bad out of a marginal North westerly so here's hoping for the first lamppost watch of the 2014/15 winter :cheers:

Also getting married next Friday so hoping for a bit of snow to be around (I'm sure sombody else on here is as well next week?) Although it will take an upgrade to get low lying Glasgow snow I'll be keeping an eye on it with the current charts not being miles off... :)

I got married last Friday...a thoroughly unmemorable day...........of weather.......grey drizzly muck but an enjoyable day.....hopefully you have more luck with a snowy wedding

• Like 6

Posted

Hi - first post

I'm not at all knowledgable regarding charts etc (I tend to use the met office ap) but I like a bit of snow so am eagerly following this thread.

Incidentally my met office ap is showing its first snowflake of the year for Falkirk on Sunday. Sadly there's a raindrop next to it, but here's hoping.

Welcome to the forum mate. Returning for my annual snow watch period. As mentioned above we have some great people who post in this thread. Avoid the nuthouse model if you can.

Posted

Evening all.

Will be keeping an eye on the forum over the winter months. Have recently moved out to balmedie on the east Coast just north of Aberdeen so not expecting any snow to come this far East over the next couple of weeks. Down to -1 at the moment and starting to frost over. Lovely crisp clear night.

Posted

I got married last Friday...a thoroughly unmemorable day...........of weather.......grey drizzly muck but an enjoyable day.....hopefully you have more luck with a snowy wedding

Congratulations!! Shame about the weather tho - the same could have happened in July so might as well go for a winter wedding :)

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all !

Just checking in for the winter, hopefully better than last years washout.

Have been following the strat and model thread all autumn and finally it's starting to look a wee bit more interesting.

Here's hoping we can resume the snow depth and general cold weather reporting like we used to prior to last winter.

Also congrats to Lorenzo for his part in the professionally well constructed net weather winter forecast.

Cheers for now,

PS

Edited by Polar Side
  • Like 6

Posted

Cheers guys and welcome to newbies and to all the old faces returning.... Fees like the first real day of netweather winter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

So good to feel some winter like weather these past few days......almost like the weather knew it was December the first.

Had to scrape the car a couple of times......almost as many as the whole of last winter

My feeling is that we are going to see a slow but steady move towards some wintry weather....looking like it might be a bit stormy next week with potential for some good snow for higher elevations.........let's hope for some nice festive weather in a few weeks time.

Nice to be back......didn't realise there was a regional running thru the summer

It's been a tough time personally over the last few months......really hoping for something a bit better come the New Year.

Cheers

DR(S) NO

Ps....anyone know how to rotate my pic..on an iPad?

Edited by DR(S)NO
  • Like 3

Posted

Launch the Photos app on your iPad.

Find the photo that you'd like to rotate and tap on it to open it.

Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.

Tap on the crop button in the bottom menu.

Tap on the rotate button — keep tapping it until the photo is rotated the way you'd like.

Tap the Done button.

Hope the next few months are better for you and of course snowy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Congrats Edo! Hope you both (and kiddies) had a lovely day! 

And DR(S) NO sorry to hear that and I hope the future will be brighter for you (and snowier too ;-) )

not sure what the next few days will bring here, but as ever with these events it is fun to have this thread and other folks (fellow weather nuts) to share lampost watching in the early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Launch the Photos app on your iPad.

Find the photo that you'd like to rotate and tap on it to open it.

Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.

Tap on the crop button in the bottom menu.

Tap on the rotate button — keep tapping it until the photo is rotated the way you'd like.

Tap the Done button.

Hope the next few months are better for you and of course snowy

Cheers Edo.....strange thing is ....it's the correct way round in the photos app, but decides to rotate when I choose it as my pic?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Hello, fellow Kilters.  :drinks:

Ends estivation. 

*blinks*

OPwhit?  :blink2:

Ventures into MOD... :ninja:

Retreats. Still too many numpties...  :fool:

Rummages around in the 'Huge Bag of Winter Goodies'.

Finds it: 

post-6412-0-62099800-1417647049_thumb.jp

Last third of December looks tasty  :whistling:    after the opening skirmishes from this weekend. Bring it on! 

Proper Winter: welcome back. We have missed you!   :yahoo:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Highlights from tonight's Fax charts:

Friday 12pm sees a trough embedded in the NWerly flow, potentially making for an interesting afternoon in the Highlands, Shetland and Moray/Aberdeenshire:

PPVI89.png

Sunday 12pm and you can see a trough behind the cold front having moved through earlier which could potentially give snow Sunday morning (timings very much open to change), with another one incoming:

PPVM89.png

Monday 12Z is trough mania, with various features competing to give us a shot at some of the white stuff (look how far south the 528 line is):

PPVO89.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

And now for the sensible weather report: 

Overnight low last night of -2.5ºC and a good frost, which persisted all day in the shade on what was a beautiful, cold, crisp, bright winter's day. Cloudier later on this afternoon and this evening. Daytime max of 1.6ºC. 

Chilly again just now though temperature has risen slightly to 1.8ºC.

Already, this winter is better from a frosts perspective than the entirety of last winter (albeit I've moved from Embra to deepest rural Perthshire, so that might've helped, too).  :)

A snap of the frosted front lawn at my mum's place in Crieff is attached to help get us in the mood. 

post-6412-0-76581500-1417648759_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pretty mild day here, got up to 9C, now still lingering around 5C.  (Yes, I'm still squatting in a beach hut.)

However, next week I head north-west for a few days, working... Should be staying a bit higher up too, so could be good. Minimal internet is the downside there - you have to crank on an old wooden lever to push the bytes down the wire.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Final post of the night from me (promise!).

Great to see all the familiar faces back on the thread by the way and new ones too, amazing photos as ever Ben, I was up East Lomond on Sunday and it always strikes me how lucky I am to live so close to such an amazing landscape.

EURO4 (the Met Office's super cool high resolution computer for short range) has updated and has what looks like more intense and more organised precipitation for Friday:

14120509_0318.gif  14120509_0318.gif 14120512_0318.gif

14120512_0318.gif

Looks likely to be mostly snow, or at least sleet, to me, away from the immediate coast, and it's just 36 hours away!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Final post of the night from me (promise!).

Great to see all the familiar faces back on the thread by the way and new ones too, amazing photos as ever Ben, I was up East Lomond on Sunday and it always strikes me how lucky I am to live so close to such an amazing landscape.

EURO4 (the Met Office's super cool high resolution computer for short range) has updated and has what looks like more intense and more organised precipitation for Friday:

14120509_0318.gif  14120509_0318.gif 14120512_0318.gif

14120512_0318.gif

Looks likely to be mostly snow, or at least sleet, to me, away from the immediate coast, and it's just 36 hours away!

Looks like sleet at most to me, based on past experience!

Posted

Cheers OTR had to hold the youngest for the whole ceremony as he decided to kick off whenever was not picked up...was nice and relaxed though with the kids just being kids...bit like a big fat gypsy wedding without the outfits....have promised them will see some snow in the next few weeks...gulp here's hoping

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -3.2C here so that matches last night's minimum. Hopefully we'll go on to beat it but bed beckons.

• Like 1