Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

As expected nothing doing over this way, but happy to see lots of other kilted members getting some snow especially those that missed out earlier in the week!  :friends: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Showers are due to pep up after midnight so might be an interesting morning.

• Like 2

Posted

Good to see west central Scotland getting some snow! The wait for a snowfall continues here in Crail - it has been dry all day. We have managed our second air frost of January though, temp currently -0.2c.

Posted

Shower tracking east at Balfron c'mon wee man you can make it to Falkirk!

• Like 4

Posted

I've really enjoyed roaming through the snowy streets this evening. 6cm isn't a helluva lot but for this part of the world it is about as good as you can hope for and this following a satisfactory covering early in the week has secured a respectable winter which has delivered unlike last year. Hopefully the snow will stay on the ground in the days to come (perhaps done more snowfall to the cover) and perhaps accompanied with very low temperatures.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

We've been pretty quiet here tonight except from a ridiculously heavy shower 10 minutes ago which dumped about a centimetre or two within 15 minutes. (I realise that sounds like I've time travelled, but I hope you get what I mean!)

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Not a scooby Doo here(nae snaw)

Went into the MT now that is scary(doom & gloom) major toorp!

Let's hope the charts are kind tomorrow:)

Keep the lovely snow pics coming, so nice to see heavy snow :)

• Like 2

Posted

Still nothing in Ayr? Apparently there was snow near Stranraer.Stopped snowing 20 minutes ago. That was the longest and most potent snowfall here ever! And it has not melted at all. Loving this weather.

There was a hefty shower but ground to saturated for it to stick ! Glad some have a decent dump tho roads are a nightmare tho all over

Posted

Tonight has been pretty unbelievable. Been out all night with the kids. I would say about 5" now. Just managed to bring my boy in. I'm tired now. Will report in the morning. How do you post pics from iphone? Only ever done it from PC. Thanks.

Edit: still snowing.

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Went into the MT now that is scary(doom & gloom) major toorp!

No, not going to look, it's Friday night and I'm not spending it listening to a bunch of weans.

I can guess why the toys are flying though.

I looked at the 12Zs earlier and UKMO & ECM seemed to be following the same sort of theme from the last few days and had a pretty similar solution. The GFS seemed to be showing next week's 'slider' struggling and therefore by Friday was completely different from the other two. Just had a quick look at the 18Z GFS and it seems to have completely binned any idea of the 'slider' at all so even my mid next week must bear no resemblance at all to the other two models. All very strange and I can bet that the GFS is being called some very choice names tonight.

I'd try to post some charts to illustrate but it's late and I haven't figured out how to on my tablet yet.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted

definitely a lot more activity out in the atlantic in the past half hour. There's bound to be a radar blob or 2 bound for the central belt during the night. Nice to here reports of 5 inches in the more commonly snow starved areas.

• Like 1

Posted

Will report on conditions in the morning. No further snowfall since the more prolonger fall earlier on. Hoping for some more decent snowfall over the coming days.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Dry here since about 6 or 7 when there was a light snow shower which lasted 2 minutes. But still white which was more than I was expecting for today. Temperature has increased slightly though, 1.0/-0.3

Posted

I remember the days when I used to return from the pub and have more drink or eat the contents of my fridge in a sandwich with crisps, now I look at weather charts..

The official weather update for here is as follows

Temp- cold as a witches breast

Snow- topped up nicely, a scarface type 3inches from today on top of the older snow cover

Overall, Happy to see much snow happiness from all the fellow Kilties :)

• Like 6

Posted

Report from the night owl! Well today when I was at work in Paisley and some of the colleagues (formerly known as 'guys I work with') had calls from significant others (or similar) that down the Clyde way it was teeming down big style so I was pretty desperate to leave (not due to snow, just being in work!) and at 5 to 4 it started really coming down there, so got to the train, got off at the port and went to pub. During said pubish endeavours there was a couple of snowfalls, one about 6 ish that was pretty intense and about an hour long.

After that zilcho but headed hame (just half an hour ago) and the snow was frozen and seen what looked like a shower coming in. So it did start very light snow but in the end it came to nothing however I looked at the radar there and it seems there's some wee guys runnin in from the Atlantico, lets see what happens!

Over and out.....:)

• Like 2

Posted

looks like a substantial wee blob central belt bound within the next hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

looks like a substantial wee blob central belt bound within the next hour

That blob has finally reached here but is falling as sleet. I hope it doesn't get to heavy and mess up the little snow cover that's here. 1.0/-0.5

Posted

Some really light snow showers falling here, like so light it's like fairy dust (or horrors of horrors pre-rain! but far too cold I think) but looking at raintoday.co.uk looks like some stuff going through South Scotland and also a bit further North of Clyde. Vary orange looking over Dumbartonshire West/North Glasgow area - prob just snow light reflection to cloud.

It's absolutely bitter in Stirling, but the snowshield held firm over night.

My very slight dusting of snow from late evening had melted by this morning, I think it must have snowed/rained at some point earlier as the ground was slightly damp when I got up. Now icing up...but who wants ice without snow? :(   :D