Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

-3.5 here and our tiny dusting from last night fully intact.. Unfortunately no sledging this weekend but fingers crossed get something later this week...surprised reading the messages at how many places have seen significant melt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well as the radar showed a band of rain passing here about an hour ago - there was a tiny bit of light sleety snow, and the temp went up from 0C to 1C. C'est tout.

Rav, it's my favourite place in Britain, even when it's hammering down and infested with midges and keds :crazy:

Posted

Feature north of the Great Glen pepping up - colder than forecast ahead of it.  Be interested to hear what changes up there HC.

• Like 1

Posted

Grains of snow and grauple falling just now.Quite a bit of sublimation going on today as ground dried out rapidly this afternoon and surface became dusty quite incredible considering the surface was so muddy 24 hours before. Currently 0.8c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Got in from work 10 minutes ago and the temp and dew point was -1.8/-2.6. It went down to -1.9 but has risen to -1.4/-2.0 in about 8 minutes. I hope this isn't the start of a big rise before the band of snow/sleet/rain

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Very light snow shower there - funny as there wasn't any clouds directly above just to the SW so maybe from passing through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temperatures are well down in the Southern Highlands now so hopefully anything that falls will be snow.

Traffic Scotland's weather stations has an air temp of -8.2C at Calvine now though was -9.2C a while ago. Others in the area between -4C and -6C. Bit higher furthe North presumably down to cloud moving in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Eek forecast of snow at 5am potentially heavy and rain heavy at 8am?! Nooooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

No snow melt at all today, cold too. -3C currently with clear skies :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Loving the photos troops, keep them coming!

-1.4c at 10pm when I started walking the dogs and in my return at 10:40 it is -1.9c. Promising signs with crystal clear skies up above (great night for star gazing if imagine I that's your thing...

Temp was forecast to be 0c at this time (albeit that's the town centre and I'm in the country side although basically the same elevation) so looking promising with that front moving in. It'll depend on the intensity whether you see all snow or a mix I think (tonight).

I looked at the forecast for Carlisle as they are due to get hit 8-11am (when the sun is up obviously) and it's all snow forecast so I'm hopeful but I'm sure we can find someway of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... I have my fingers crossed

• Like 1

Posted

Had a wee wander along the Double Craigs above Fintry today.  Just enough snow to make it feel wintry without having to plough through knee or thigh-deep drifts - not that I'd have complained if there had been deep snow, mind you.

On the plateau above, there was some moderate drifting but poor visibility as cloud closed in, unfortunately.  I was slightly surprised on the way back to find quite a bit of melting on this south-facing slope.

17115101.jpg17115093.jpg

Edited by spindrift1980
  • Like 6

Posted

Aye spoilt with the pics indeed this evening, really nice

It's been snowing here for about 25 mins. The temp did rise when the cloud arrived but we're sitting at -1C. Had a wee jaunt down to inverness and the temp fluctuated from 1.5C to 2C and it was also snowing (lightly) That was at sea level, so may bode well for those without elevation

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Aye spoilt with the pics indeed this evening, really nice

It's been snowing here for about 25 mins. The temp did rise when the cloud arrived but we're sitting at -1C. Had a wee jaunt down to inverness and the temp fluctuated from 1.5C to 2C and it was also snowing (lightly) That was at sea level, so may bode well for those without elevation

Temp here at effectively sea level is steady at 1C +/-0.5C for the last couple of hours but I've yet to see any ppn of note - radar anaprop again?

Looking at the charts, this should be the overnight 'mild' blip before upper temps drop away again at dawn. Hopefully with more ppn - and that should be the case going on history, cold northerlies often deliver the goods here.  A few fun days to come still.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted

I did wonder if you'd get some of that snow I got near the firth HC. The light from inverness lit up a sky to the north which looks pretty laden so could be in for something decent. This winter is certainly making up for the decidedly *cough* sh#te previous two

Posted

Dry, cold, clear and frosty. Temperature back down now to -1.9/-2.6. Just realised that the minimum temp on my weather station says -2.7 so it must have fell to that before 10 tonight when it went up.

Posted

Fallen to -2.9/-4.3 and some cloud passing south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Light snow falling here now and still sub zero.

Edit. Now moderate.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Heavy (ish) snow here (Dundee)  surprised didnt think i would see any.  Was in Carnoustie all week so missed it here through the week.

• Like 1