Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Ha ha ..is moderate the same as my heavy (ish) Norrance?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Nice fluffy flakes readily covering the road so will go with heavy( Ish).

Night for now.

Posted

Snowing here. Won't be much as that ppn really passed through quickly and the heaviest stuff further East. Could still catch some more later though. Was expecting hee haw so whatever falls is a bonus.

Edit: A light dusting and all over. Shower passed very quickly.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Snowing here. Won't be much as that ppn really passed through quickly and the heaviest stuff further East. Could still catch some more later though. Was expecting hee haw so whatever falls is a bonus.

Edit: A light dusting and all over. Shower passed very quickly.

Fingers crossed the temp stays down for this one, it's about to hit here and looks fairly decent. Currently -0.4ºC/-2.9ºC. I have my biggest snowfall of the winter already on the ground outside this morning...but it's still mostly ground out there :D

I'm glad now we're quite often up early in this house as I've woken up in time for this, I hope I'm not let down by a snow to rain event.

Posted

Fingers crossed the temp stays down for this one, it's about to hit here and looks fairly decent. Currently -0.4ºC/-2.9ºC. I have my biggest snowfall of the winter already on the ground outside this morning...but it's still mostly ground out there :D

I'm glad now we're quite often up early in this house as I've woken up in time for this, I hope I'm not let down by a snow to rain event.

You'll be fine I think. Looks like you could end up with much more ppn than here. Latest radar has most of this missing me to the east.

You'll be fine I think. Looks like you could end up with much more ppn than here. Latest radar has most of this missing me to the east.

It's very fine wee snowflakes but quite heavy in a little snowflake sense :D Ground is almost white...time to break out the smilies:

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo:  :yahoo:

:cold:  :cold: :cold:  :cold:  

Edit: After all that I'm only allowed nine smilies? What's that all about, it's the most snow I've seen at this house since we moved in back in December 2013.

Rubbish pic but you get the idea:

post-2844-0-81869800-1421564625_thumb.jp

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

A thin layer of white here as well this morning. But its warmer now than when i went to bed!

Posted

Stirling actually had the most snow in a while with that juicy shower from the northerly...about 1-2cm

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Stirling actually had the most snow in a while with that juicy shower from the northerly...about 1-2cm

A chilly one tonight for us I expect....

I saw a organised front hit Glasgow on the radar but unfortunately the southern uplands killed the western extent of that band. Dissapointing but I can't complain. I've seen more snow at 20m asl and only 15 miles from the Southern coast than many have seen much further north and at greater altitude. The tiny wee flakes have created a sprinkling maybe a 'dusting' in the extreme. At least everywhere looks fairly white even if it isn't really.

Models a little dissapointing too this morning but I live in hope :(

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Ñot a drop how bizarre. It was right over us. Think our next chance is Tuesday now!

Similar here, maybe pushing it a bit to call it 2cm here but everything's white and I couldn't care less about anything else except the snow. We're going to take the mutts out for a walk soon, it's the first time in ages I'm looking forward to doggy walking. I am glad I'm off work today, it's a very rare Sunday off for me so I'll defo make the most of the chance to get out in the snow and enjoy it while it's here...and yes, I'll be taking a few pics to bore everyone with later on :D :D :D :D :D

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

A bit of a result here!

Aboot a .5cm covering here,but a bitter fairly strong N/E wind blowing.

Hoping that this helps to carry some more showers this way!!!

Big Innes

Edit:

Mmm! Looking like everything is further East and fkn SOUTH of here.

Friday and Saturday,everything was further West and fkn SOUTH of here.

F F S.

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well was up at 3.30am all clear- no snow. Woke at 8 a very light covering which has now melted on my patio and table

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Temp rise under way up to 2.5c and the little snow we have thats been froze to the wheelie bins is now melting....ground temps will we very cold but hopefully this just a small warming pool that will go as quickly as it has appeared...surprised a shower made it here but still not enough for the sledge run..tue for some and more so wed look good for here with east coast having a decent chance of some good showers tonight

Posted

Woke to a very decent cover and really heavy snow at 6am. It's snowing lightly now again. The kids are desperate to sledge and I think we now will have enough to manage it! T is 0.8c.

• Like 1