Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Snow on Sunday to lower levels is possible

ECU0-120.GIF?23-0

-7 uppers in there :smiliz19:

Edited by Barry95
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Comedy gold from the ECMWF,

If this was to come off, would make a mockery of looking at Ensemble means etc..

ECM1-120.GIF

Seen the 850`s Matt?

ECH0-120.GIF

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I don't normally comment as the runs come out but again as we get to T120hrs it's the Americans v Euro models with the latter much more inclined to build the Atlantic ridge early on.

Until this is resolved then the later evolution of the 500hPa pattern can't be resolved with any confidence.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Comedy gold from the ECMWF,

Hahahahahha...wait what am I supposed to be laughing at?

Backs the UKMO and looks cold :w00t:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

So.. to summarise, we're still absolutely no closer in knowing the track of this weekends low

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

this evenings GFS is even quicker than the last at flattening the pattern and only one way of going and that is a azores blowtorch grim for all coldies out there

gfs-0-144.png?12?12

GFS is correct then? Can you explain why you think this is the correct outcome??  Cheers

Yes, I would like to know too, have seen a few posts this evening claiming the same thing. Wonder if it is just a case of people assuming the worst? GFS seems to be on its own with the flattening of the pattern so quickly, and it is well known for doing that.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I don't normally comment as the runs come out but again as we get to T120hrs it's the Americans v Euro models with the latter much more inclined to build the Atlantic ridge early on.

Until this is resolved then the later evolution of the 500hPa pattern can't be resolved with any confidence.

Indeed Phil, hard to know what will happen in 144 hours or thereabouts but to me that won't matter to cold lovers if snow were to settle beforehand and produce a covering for some lucky folk. This prospect is one I personally would be looking forward to see developing, bringing back memories of old style WInters. A dumping of snow followed up by a stubborn HP cell which seemingly doesn't want to shift for days upon end, could this be the new elephant in the room, I wonder?

Too many ifs, buts and maybes right now but I sure am enjoying the ride.  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

So.. to summarise, we're still absolutely no closer in knowing the track of this weekends low

Yep, I'm a little unsure why a few people were saying 'the afternoon runs will decide this' etc. I think it will be very close to the actual event before we know if there is snow potential and (probably more likely) where the strongest winds and rain will occur.

However, I do believe it's been a pretty positive set of runs for coldies with the UKMO and ECM firmly on board with a colder spell of some description thereafter, with significant potential (there is that word again haha) for a more significant cold spell to develop in the medium/longer term

Although, the GFS can't be completely disregarded but the odds and recent trends do appear to be 'our' side :)

Let's hope we see a (probably only incremental knowing the GFS) change in the 18z with some kind of move to the Euros... But I won't be holding my breath

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

ECM looks to be onto a full on Easterly at 120 hours out !! What a period of model watching this is turning out to be! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

In the coming days, I think the pros will slowly favour one that tracks SE across us or via the North Sea out into the low countries, but even then this is pure conjecture on my part. Trust me, if the current media forecasts are weighing up several options still then there is no way any of us should discount one run over another.  :friends:

Folk should pay attention to the latest Fax Charts if at all concerned about travelling around said timeframes or quite literally leave things to the last minute.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Interesting from the ECM. That Azores ridge has to compete with Scandi heights increasing, that includes southern Scandi as well. The Pacific ridge sharpens like a knife with heights increasing.. Surely that has to promote more colder air into Europe. This isn`t boring.

ECH1-120.GIF

ECH1-144.GIF

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM looking more than okay, Sundays snow in the SE won't go anywhere, ice days there 29th-31st,

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Could this be the most convoluted way to an Easterly ever? ECM is very good out to 192 hrs this evening and importantly has back up from the UKMO.

• Like 4

Posted

ECM looking more than okay, Sundays snow in the SE won't go anywhere, ice days there 29th-31st,

I'm not too sure about Ice days, that's a tad optimistic, temps will struggle but not that much

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The to's and fro's continue.... I imagine what we have is the kind of set up which puts the UK on a knife-edge between the very mild and the cold..... and the potential for some real cold exists further down the line, but because that potential exists, the potential for the very mild does to if things are just a couple of hundred miles adrift as they rise or fall.

It puts me a bit in mind of 1983....potential that kept flattening out until, after a very mild Jan, it finally delivered in Feb.

I certainly hope that we don't have to wait that long and endure that short a winter, but I must admit I do tend to favour GFS solutions usually so I am a little worried. A couple more similar runs from it and I'll be very worried!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Incredible omega type block over the Northern UK. Watch out for retrogression out to Greenland/Iceland if this is the outcome aswell !!

• Like 3