Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had sleet here, then snow, then hail, then sleet. Nothing really stuck, just a little hail and snow on roofs and drier areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

You are 121m ASL though, you aren't really that low down. Low ground would be ground under 50m really.

Still, I think this has been a bit better alresdy today than what was forecast :D it even snowed here at work in Didcot which is South Oxfordshire. Only 15-20 miles North of Reading! Plus we are on low ground. Didn't come close to settling though, temps are too high at around 4-5c.

Completely agree with you Andy  :wink:  i was just making a point to a poster on here, yesterday evening that he was saying anything lower than 150m asl

is classed as low level and that all ppn will be of rain.

Anyway snow melt now, but was great to see some proper SNOWFALL at last :D Currently 1.2c

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Completely agree with you Andy  :wink:  i was just making a point to a poster on here, yesterday evening that he was saying anything lower than 150m asl

is classed as low level and that all ppn will be of rain.

Anyway snow melt now, but was great to see some proper SNOWFALL at last :D Currently 1.2c

Ahh I see :D

Will be very interesting to see where that more organised band of sleet and snow will head tonight. Currently the GFS is suggesting we may see a covering here in Oxfordshire but only the radar will be needed now. PPN charts are about as much use as a chocolate teapot at such short range.

Posted

North of Stafford must be getting a pounding at the moment, the sky is as black as a hat!

Obviously we've just got a few flakes dropping...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Nice too see numerous snow shields in here today explode. Certainly a little better than I thought it would be today. And hopefully further opportunities of the white stuff (like tonight), particularly for those of you where someone forgot to drop dynamite on your snow shield. :cold:

Some pics/still video images of the power supply of Solihull's snowy force field getting cut out:

post-10703-0-66827100-1422543237_thumb.jpost-10703-0-22626800-1422543605_thumb.jpost-10703-0-06759800-1422543741_thumb.jpost-10703-0-98536400-1422543763_thumb.jpost-10703-0-69842500-1422543793_thumb.jpost-10703-0-73025400-1422543841_thumb.jpost-10703-0-49356100-1422543877_thumb.jpost-10703-0-30667700-1422543892_thumb.jpost-10703-0-87115000-1422543912_thumb.j

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Hi folks. Well, apart from a small breach in the snow shield about an hour ago which just made the ground wet, no snow here in Earl Shilton. We have patchy blue sky at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Other than uppers not being quite as low as they should be this has all the looks of a classic polar low http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en which has produced yellow warnings for high winds in the south west as it barrels down the Irish Sea, hopefully will produce some surprises overnight

Edited by jimben

Posted

Can someone update me on what these warnings are for later/tomorrow, just got back from sixth form and have to quickly cook before going to work till 10 so I don't have time to look through charts etc any help is appreciated

Posted

Best snow shower of the day just passed through. Moderate snow (2-4cm/hr) and it has pitched. Typically, now the temperature has dropped back a degree or so the shower supply from the NW seems to have dried up.

Posted

10inch+ being reported in most places in Dronfield Derbyshire must be 35cm+ on highest hills here an more snow forecast.

8-10 inches here with drifts over a foot.... In glossop, on sky news, they are in sunlaw street near tescos/ argos.... Only 150m and you can definately see the difference another 150m does.....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

general feeling in the model thread is that this is a polar low near scotland, http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en 

Saw that. Do hope so. And I hope the track delivers for us too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Snowing again here alough we have nothing on.the radar x

Posted

After seeing an inch in oldbury earlier was disappointed nowt at home

Just having a moderat shower trying to stick

Intensity needs to keep up

Edit blizzard like now