Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nice winters day to start February, got up to 3.0c briefly this afternoon but it was freezing again by 4pm, currently -1.2c. Copious amounts of snow await me in the Highlands, i'll be travelling up to Aviemore on Tuesday, hope I can make it as some of the roads look pretty dodgy!!

Looks like a boring spell of weather setting up later this week and it'll slowly become less cold, was hoping for a snowy breakdown of the current cold weather but sadly that won't be the case!

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thought I'd do another time-lapse today. Did anyone notice that random cat walk in front of the camera at various points in the afternoon?

Hello Scott I sent u a twitter.. Would love to do also those nice lapse videos and would like to know which can and software are u using.. Many thanks!

Edited by raul_sbd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Hello Scott I sent u a twitter.. Would love to do also those nice lapse videos and would like to know which can and software are u using.. Many thanks!

Hi I've replied to your tweet.

For anyone else who wants to know though, I use my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the LapseIt Pro app.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

Lake District stunning today under mostly sunny blue skies with patchy cloud. Enjoyed a taxing walk north of Ambleside, lots of ice around and the snow all soft and powdery above only 300 metres- severe wind chill though.. Its amazing what a difference of 300 metres above sea level can make.

Ground all frozen now, temps dropped markedly around dusk, currently -2.2 degrees.

As for snow prospects, the BBC are forecasting the front due to move SE over Scotland break up by the time it reaches our region, but this is just a projection, and it could easily still stay intact, though it will be de-intensifying, it will be another nowcasting event.

Posted

Just on 0c here now and crystal clear

Calm and frosty, around -1C. I love calm, clear and cold nights. If high pressure wants to hang over us for a while, and no cloud is trapped in, You won't find me complaining!

I meant to ask: Gary, can you please pop your location in your profile so we know where your reports are coming from? Thanks!

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp -1.8

DP -5.9

RH 79%

Pressure 1004.6 mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

From MOD thread. Best news I heard all day!

"Interesting, I just watched the week ahead and they mentioned the possibility of even colder air returning next week?"

Also this

Fergie

Incidentally, one thing we've been watching for since EC-EPS output yesterday is potential for another colder N'ly later next week, depending on high orientation. One to watch.

Edited by Spah1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & lots of it!

Best news I heard all day!

Interesting, I just watched the week ahead and they mentioned the possibility of even colder air returning next week?

Also this

Fergie

Incidentally, one thing we've been watching for since EC-EPS output yesterday is potential for another colder N'ly later next week, depending on high orientation. One to watch.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me. I have a feeling February CET are going to be below average.

Posted

-5.5c brrrrr..... Fire stoked!

Possible -10 over the snow field for tonight possibly?

Posted

Possible -10 over the snow field for tonight possibly?

Indeed..... Clear sky, moon is very bright.... Temp dropping like a stone.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

-4C in Failsworth. Unless cloud begins to roll in, tonight will easily be the coldest night of the winter, even the coldest night since March 2013, and possibly even the coldest night since February 2012 here.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

UKMETO still going for some light snow moving across the region tomorrow night. With such low dew points even if it fell for a couple of hours it would leave a slight dusting.

Posted

Im guessing -10ish at lowest but its dropping like a stone.... Maybe lower? Darn coldest night here tonight though....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

+1.1C here in tropical Wirral. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

doing well actually.. palms are doing ok as well, (I'm deadly serious). 

Posted

How's the Banana crop this year?

Just for a laugh.. this IS actually in Wirral

15548772661_5e01a2dd8c_c.jpg