Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Your deffo ina better position wthan me with your dp

It's ok but actually it's slowly going up :mellow:

Radar shows a small blob around about Winchester, maybe that was what made the car wet? Don't tell me you missed it! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Chucking down with sleet here now - mulls, watch out its coming!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Welcome to the south west smut thread :rofl:  snow or the threat of snow brings out the best in people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I remember a trip to Bristol Zoo sometime in the mid/late 70's and it was horrendous my dad had left his car on the downs and it nearly got left there it was so bad and we got home to nothing.

Posted

It's ok but actually it's slowly going up :mellow:

Radar shows a small blob around about Winchester, maybe that was what made the car wet? Don't tell me you missed it! :rofl:

I so bet I did LOL. I've been getting out of bed every 5 minutes for a twitch. Jsut stars now! Pah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

There's some top banter in this thread :D that's the beauty of the regional threads, people get along most of the time and the rules aren't as strict as the mod thread!

Sadly, can't see any showers reaching Oxford tonight :( but it looks like the South coast have showers incoming!

Does make me laugh on here. Oh God......the Mod thread :crazy: makes me Laugh, even more!!!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Ian F has just retweeted someone reporting snow in Taunton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Chucking down with sleet here now - mulls, watch out its coming!

A little to far south for me that one, few flakes nothing much.

Looks like a dry patch for a couple of hours now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

There's some top banter in this thread :D that's the beauty of the regional threads, people get along most of the time and the rules aren't as strict as the mod thread!

Sadly, can't see any showers reaching Oxford tonight :( but it looks like the South coast have showers incoming!

I was thinking precisely the opposite was happening, give it 45 minutes or an hour and see if those cells out West make it over to you via the Cotswolds or whether they kill them off. All showery activity is tending to move in a WNW to ESE direction. As for Newbury, we are but in the quiet zone pretty much as anticipated, still time for things to change though, more interest in the days forthcoming.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I so bet I did LOL. I've been getting out of bed every 5 minutes for a twitch. Jsut stars now! Pah!

Paha Beka, i'm going to go and stick my head out the door as it's on it's way here. I'll stick a few flakes in the freezer with your name on if there are any :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

:acute: I'm so not saying anything right now.  :rofl: We truly need to move the conversation on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I was thinking precisely the opposite was happening, give it 45 minutes or an hour and see if those cells out West make it over to you via the Cotswolds or whether they kill them off. All showery activity is tending to move in a WNW to ESE direction. As for Newbury, we are but in the quiet zone pretty much as anticipated, still time for things to change though, more interest in the days forthcoming.

The problem is , there gettin over the Welsh mountains , and then they hit the very low ground in evashum , Tewksbury and Gloucestershire , that's what kills them off , iv watched it first hand for years , even under frontal conditions , the first place to look for signs of a weakening front is the area from evashum southwards .

If they intensify then we may get something , but they look heavy just 40 miles away only to fizzle out once they hit the erea of death mentioned above !

Posted

Paha Beka, i'm going to go and stick my head out the door as it's on it's way here. I'll stick a few flakes in the freezer with your name on if there are any :D

Why do they need my name on? Are there snow flake stealers within your household? :-D Think they will think you have totally lost it when they look in there hahaha.

Still stars - I give up lol

:acute: I'm so not saying anything right now.  :rofl: We truly need to move the conversation on.

Interpretted:

"Your all off topic! But I can't tell you off for being off topic ... because I am enjoying this smut too much" ??

Posted

Detailed Alex Deakin forecast just now on BBC News24, went out to Monday.

Not much snow i'm afraid and even on Sunday temps here forecast to be 5 or 6c.

Mentioned the LP coming down just West of Ireland, on the jetstream, on Monday. Meto keeping an eye on it but at the mo it's forecast to skirt West of Ireland and head into Bay of Biscay.

Hinted at HP taking over midweek.

Seems that Northerly flow over w/e and into early next week not as unstable as models were showing a day or two ago.

Never mind.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

The problem is , there gettin over the Welsh mountains , and then they hit the very low ground in evashum , Tewksbury and Gloucestershire , that's what kills them off , iv watched it first hand for years , even under frontal conditions , the first place to look for signs of a weakening front is the area from evashum southwards .

If they intensify then we may get something , but they look heavy just 40 miles away only to fizzle out once they hit the erea of death mentioned above !

A very valid point, they might not do as intended although one knows one's patch better than the one who lives there, if you get my gist.

Posted

So I thought this was meant to be better than last time - colder - so how come day temps will still be over 5c?! Seems similar to me ... :nonono: And pretty pants for any with lying snow over night as it will do the usual melt in an hour in the morning ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Well better than a damp wet patch like I have I guess ... ;-)

LOL...............................................

Posted

Why do they need my name on? Are there snow flake stealers within your household? :-D Think they will think you have totally lost it when they look in there hahaha.

Still stars - I give up lol

I've just been outside in my slippers and gown to look at the worlds smallest radar snow blob, so I think they think that already :acute:

Well, it precipitated, but it was mostly sleet with a few flakes thrown in. Still, onwards and upwards..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

They seem to be dying out before they get here :( maybe later on in the night we will see a few flurries.

I have to cycle to work in the morning, which is 12 miles away! So the sensible part of me is hoping it stays snow free until I reach work. The other part of me is thinking... It can snow whenever it wants to dammit! :D

Posted

I've just been outside in my slippers and gown to look at the worlds smallest radar snow blob, so I think they think that already :acute:

Well, it precipitated, but it was mostly sleet with a few flakes thrown in. Still, onwards and upwards..

Right there is another one Sat over Salisbury right now - might give a direct hit so i'll keep my nose peeled ready. HAng on thats eyes peeled lol. Temp dropped 0.5c since the last one flew through. I will get this one! (This is me and buses --- always miss em!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Heavy sleet here at the moment - Temp down to 2.1c, no DP reading - but wouldn't take much for snow! looks like a bit of mini-streamer setting up with a line of showers appearing in the Celtic sea and heading across somerset Glastonbury, and on towards Frome, then Warminster - may not get too much further.

Maybe our night in Somerset, who knows - may have to set the alarm for 3am!!

Posted

Noooo! Nice shower with orange in it - get at Winchesters door step and pah blue and a tiny bit of yellow!

Ok window open nearly froze my baby feeding devices off - a bit of cloud - a bit of noise - my guess - Sleet .. Still not seen a damn flake yet mind!!