Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

To be honest it's almost always marginal in the south west, especially along the south of the region.Must be a nightmare for the met/beebs to forcast.

Edited by BM4PM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just for fun, something for you all to drool over now and slit wrists over when it doesn't happen;

post-12721-0-99492100-1422528648_thumb.jpost-12721-0-77489000-1422528658_thumb.j

Posted

That's completely different to the one Nick L showed me at the beginning of the week when I asked why rain was forecast at that time with the 850's and DP levels similar to those you have cited. So why would it be rain now?

Well they of course change with each run, I would say we have a fair chance with what we can see - that is of course if there is any precipitation around!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not far off an average January day here, slightly milder than average overnight with a minimum of 3C and now approaching 5C. Only the strongish breeze taking the edge off the temperature.

Posted

Not far off an average January day here, slightly milder than average overnight with a minimum of 3C and now approaching 5C. Only the strongish breeze taking the edge off the temperature.

Indeed, and temps to reach 7 or 8 tomorrow!

Posted

Okay, it was approaching 5C, going the other way now with a sleety shower passing through.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Well they of course change with each run, I would say we have a fair chance with what we can see - that is of course if there is any precipitation around!!

It surprised me that it has changed so much, when the other variables have remained consistent. I did ask at the time in the MOD thread why WBFL was so out of kilter with the other variables, but didn't get a reply. I have now asked in MOD thread why there is still rain in the forecast now WBFL is on board.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted

Interesting GFS precip charts posted in the Mod thread for tonite and into early hours.

I like GFS at v short range - it's performed well over last few winters 'on the day' (within 24 hrs).

Posted

It surprised me that it has changed so much, when the other variables have remained consistent. I did ask at the time in the MOD thread why WBFL was so out of kilter with the other variables, but didn't get a reply. I have now asked in MOD thread why there is still rain in the forecast now WBFL is on board.

Latest forecast though say no precipitation tonight - typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
Posted

It seems the temperature will drop pretty quickly in the showers, back down to 3C again. Just need the cold air to actually arrive here so we can get a bit more wintriness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Snow and ice warning for the south west! valid from 15:00 today.

None for me though :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh my word I am right on the line I doubt I'll shall see anything from this as they always cover wider area out of caution.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Just for fun, something for you all to drool over now and slit wrists over when it doesn't happen;

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sharpening already......

Posted

It seems the temperature will drop pretty quickly in the showers, back down to 3C again. Just need the cold air to actually arrive here so we can get a bit more wintriness.

Exactly no cold uppers over the region yet. -5 arrives later, but milder tomorrow. Saturday onwards is when the colder weather comes I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Sharpening already......

I blunted mine last night   :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Wow really heavy RAIN!! With very little temp drop went from 4.8c to 4.6c

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's one of those cold spells that's turning out not to be cold down here. Until the rain arrives, it has been sunny and pleasant & 7°C

Posted

Oh my word I am right on the line I doubt I'll shall see anything from this as they always cover wider area out of caution.

although it does say...

a more persistent spell of rain, sleet and and snow may affect the west and south of the yellow area during the early hours of Friday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Nice met office update for showers to turn increasingly to sleet, snow and hail as the day goes on, already had a report from a mate near Bath a little while ago to report heavy snizzle lol.

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Temp had now dropped to 3.0c with hail and some wet snow/sleet

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Weather warnings issued but I will wait and see, Euro4 has snow over Bristol 6pm this Evening15012918_2906.gif