Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

post-8911-0-20213200-1422467806_thumb.pn

:shok:  :blink2:I nearly choked on my coffee when I just looked at my met office app!!

Surely even based on their raw model it can't be this far out at just 6 hours away?  :laugh:

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm bored of radar watching already lol

Have a break from it for a few hours and check it later :p

Bet you can't though, it's addictive haha.

Posted

I hope you are right!

Stay positive! Of course as is always the case with showers, they will be hit and miss. I'd be very surprised if there weren't snow showers piling in down the Western side by 9-10pm though.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Stay positive! Of course as is always the case with showers, they will be hit and miss. I'd be very surprised if there weren't snow showers piling in down the Western side by 9-10pm though.

Hope so, I'll report back after I've been to fat fighters at 9pm

Posted

Enjoy it! send some down the hill! :)

just copy and paste the forecast I think that's all I am going to see of it!  :rofl:  :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

You don't see this very often, a weather warning for snow in Scotland and cornwall with almost the rest of the uk clear! Is this a wish bone effect someone was talking about earlier. Can someone explain this???post-17869-0-97376200-1422468417_thumb.j

Edited by John Badrick

Posted

You don't see this very often, a weather warning for snow in Scotland and cornwall with almost the rest of the uk clear! Is this a wish bone effect someone was talking about earlier. Can someone explain this???attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Showers being showers in cold air don't tend to get the penetration :bomb:  needed for us further inland. :aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I've just posted in the Midlands thread about my change of heart after looking at the models. I honestly think we'll start to see snow showers packing into Wales around 9pm ish and penetrating quite a way inland. It may look like there is hardly anything heading towards Western Wales at the moment but I fully expect that to change over the next 3-4 hours.

I think Somerset is a good location for tonight and tomorrow. To be honest most of the Western side should do well. Bristol, Somerset, Devon, Gloucestershire all look to be in a decent position.

I'm even fairly positive now about some snow showers coming as far inland as Oxfordshire, Reading, South Coast etc...

It's going to be a case of radar watching and hoping luck is on your side!

To be honest as much as I think it's definately a radar watch eve , i think the wind is to northwesterly for areas south of brum to see much , If it was westerly then id be very hopeful of a Bristol streamer but I think the Welsh mountains will kill a lot of our energy . Hope I'm wrong and I don't rule out a dusting but if there were anything of note the met would of picked upon it .

Posted

Have a break from it for a few hours and check it later :p

Bet you can't though, it's addictive haha.

I've been refreshing every 15 minutes since 4pm LOL!! Yah gotta deal with having tea and then i'll dip on for a bit before doing her bed routine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Had a few flakes falling earlier here in stroud from a few light flurries about 4 ish, if any showers can make it over in any sort of worthwhile fashion a dusting isnt out of the question by morning for some of us!

Posted

But plenty of troughs and occlusions cluttering up the strong northerly flow likely to lead to some white stuff over the coming days.

In 2010 we had over 30cm snow that came in 3 separate 'minor' features over a period of days. Get the cold in place and it will happen eventually.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Repeat of this, please:

Weather p#@n!! :p would be great to see something like that again.

Posted

Weather p#@n!! :p would be great to see something like that again.

I remember watching this forecast and getting very angry as I was on a hot and sunny ski holiday in austria with 12c. :rofl:

Posted

To be honest as much as I think it's definately a radar watch eve , i think the wind is to northwesterly for areas south of brum to see much , If it was westerly then id be very hopeful of a Bristol streamer but I think the Welsh mountains will kill a lot of our energy . Hope I'm wrong and I don't rule out a dusting but if there were anything of note the met would of picked upon it .

I hear you knocking. I can see why that is a worry. To be honest, I think that later on this evening and overnight, the volume of showers going into Wales along with strong Nw'erly winds, will drive showers inland. The Welsh hills will probably zap some of them but because of the strength of the wind, they should survive.

Edit: When I said that some areas should do well, I meant from snow showers rather than any substantial depths.

I wouldn't rule out 3-5cm in some areas, but on the whole, 1-2cm dusting looks more likely.

Still, better than nothing hey?

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

I remember watching this forecast and getting very angry as I was on a hot and sunny ski holiday in austria with 12c. :rofl:

Ever thought of buggering off this weekend and into next week, it might improve our chances of seeing a snow event ;) lol

Posted

Ever thought of buggering off this weekend and into next week, it might improve our chances of seeing a snow event ;) lol

I thought we were snow buddies too :nonono:  :unsure2:

First small shower on a possible collision course for me so should be interesting to see how it goes. temperature is 2.6c with a dew point of -3 but it does look fairly light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hoping for some snow over the next few days, looks quite likely on Tuesday with widespread snow, I might see something snowy this evening if we get hit by a shower. :D

Posted

Repeat of this, please:

Yes please! An awesome snowfall that was. I don't think it was really forecast until about 24 hours before the event either.

Posted

Raining here at the moment.