Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

did you see that snow graphics on devizes :closedeyes:  :rolleyes:   dont worry its got my hopes up.... only to be disappointed 

Yes looks promising for yourself. I am actually not going to do another late shift tonight regardless, this cold spell has just about finished me off mentally and physically I need sleep and my bedroom is only warm room I am freezing.

Posted

They are very low actually -3c at moment I expect yours is around -1 ish going off height etc

My lounge is warming up with computer and body heat.. its up to 10.7c :yahoo:  :cold: If we get a real frost its going to hurt with these single pane windows..

I think your quite funny. I did want a date with you - however I'm a tiny weeny petite thing that is always cold so we wouldn't match well ... Whatta shame!

Or heating has been breaking over hte past 24 hrs too. Complaints over the air pressure and a red light. Hubby does something with opening up some pipe/valve thingy and out comes water then it works again ... strange!

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Talking of eastern bias... Our fringe members will be happy but the heart of west country looks dry.

Bbc - A generally dry evening with clear spells. Some wintry showers continuing, especially in the west. Overnight, a band of sleet and snow may develop for a time in the far east. Very cold, with widespread frost and ice. Windy. :aggressive:

Sorry if I come across bitter... its because I am! :rofl:

With no heating you'll be more than bitter by morning sweetheart! :rofl: More like rigamortis

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

It allegedly snowed near Portsmouth last night, comments back up thread in this morning's banter. Even if you were tucked up sound asleep like a good girlie you might have to change your vital statistics right there.  :)

Forgive me, m'lud, but "alleged snow near Portsmouth" doth not a snowflake in Southampton make! Especially as I was looking out of the window from 04:30 with my own two eyes. I refer you to my posting in this place at that time. I was too depressed to report but I seem to remember that the AT was 1.6C and the dp was in the region of -0.6C.

Still snowless (and sleepless) in Southampton...

Posted

I think your quite funny. I did want a date with you - however I'm a tiny weeny petite thing that is always cold so we wouldn't match well ... Whatta shame!

Or heating has been breaking over hte past 24 hrs too. Complaints over the air pressure and a red light. Hubby does something with opening up some pipe/valve thingy and out comes water then it works again ... strange!

Knights King and Beka sitting in a tree

:air_kiss:   S-N-O-W-I-N-G  :air_kiss:

Posted

IF quiet today? Suppose there's nothing interesting in the output? Coldish and dry is the theme.

Posted

I am now retreating to the bedroom I can't feel my hands :nonono:

Not sure how you would approach the hubby about this date.. :vava:  :rofl:

I hope oil gets delivered early, they sometimes do.

Posted

surprisingly quiet. warning covering wide area for 1-2cm and possibly more (up to 5cm quoted). A band of light snow is shown to pass through and given this warning there are obviously ingredients present for it to potentially pep up - like last night but that event went under the radar as it were (sorry bad pun)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

can't see anything on radar yet, that we are likely to get later,light snowfall. Where we supposed to be looking`?

Posted

With no heating you'll be more than bitter by morning sweetheart! :rofl: More like rigamortis

There is a joke there I'm sure but its not past the watershed :D

Posted

Well I suppose one consolation today was driving North on the A46 between Bath and the M4 and seeing the sun reflecting off the snow covered Welsh mountains to the NW!

Posted

can't see anything on radar yet, that we are likely to get later,light snowfall. Where we supposed to be looking`?

The METO must have a magic mystic ball. They missed last night's PPN, maybe just covering themselves tonight. Anyway again temps just won't be cold enough.

Edited by MPG

Posted

coming down from the north, albeit likely patchy. eta midnight for north glos

Posted

If you can have a look on the mo site, for the national forecast map - shows it seems to pep up out of nowhere around midnight - 1am ish!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Storm force, ditto, I just had to do ours today! It's such a minute leak but enough to reduce the pressure so with removing all our tiles to find the leak which can be small enough as just a drip to lose pressure, could be anywhere in the bungalow, so once every couple of weeks I have to scramble up in to the loft to release the valve to let in water to build up pressure then heating hit eager kck right back in again. Right pain in the jacksy so understand where you're coming from........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

The METO must have a magic mystic ball. They missed last night's PPN, maybe just covering themselves tonight. Anyway again temps just won't be cold enough.

I'm sorry but that's just not correct. Everything points in favour of snow should there be precip falling from the sky.

Wet bulb, perfect, 850's perfect, temp is fine, dp perfect. Precip or lack of it, problem, but that's it. Just precip missing.

post-16760-0-35634000-1422738498_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Knights King and Beka sitting in a tree

:air_kiss:   S-N-O-W-I-N-G  :air_kiss:

Sweetheart! If it produces snow I'll do N-E-FINNNNG!!! Has to be over 7 inches mind ...

I am now retreating to the bedroom I can't feel my hands :nonono:

Not sure how you would approach the hubby about this date.. :vava:  :rofl:

I hope oil gets delivered early, they sometimes do.

*Spits tea out at comment 1*

Meh he won't care - takes the pressure off him LOL

Just because your cold or because you wanna date with me? ...

There is a joke there I'm sure but its not past the watershed :D

It is now ...

Posted

Storm force, ditto, I just had to do ours today! It's such a minute leak but enough to reduce the pressure so with removing all our tiles to find the leak which can be small enough as just a drip to lose pressure, could be anywhere in the bungalow, so once every couple of weeks I have to scramble up in to the loft to release the valve to let in water to build up pressure then heating hit eager kck right back in again. Right pain in the jacksy so understand where you're coming from........

Ah see you sound like you know what your doing! Hubby just has a fiddle with some pipe that comes our the boiler in the kitchen. It comes all over the kitchen side. Big wet mess! He nearly got my slow cooker - I was not best pleased ... Any ways we have a condensing one - did same last year and he replaced something related to the condensing thingymagig and that solved it. But looks like its back.Hmmm i've not seen any leaks ... better wait til the heaters are cold and go around touching them up ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Despite the temperature still holding up at 3C, I'm glad to see the dewpoint has really dropped throughout this afternoon - should help with ensuring showers are snowy not slushy. Just need some to show up now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Despite the temperature still holding up at 3C, I'm glad to see the dewpoint has really dropped throughout this afternoon - should help with ensuring showers are snowy not slushy. Just need some to show up now!

Indeed. No doubt in my mind that if showers turn up they will be of snow. Big if though

Posted

So frustrating here, every shower I watch heading this way gets destroyed by the mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Another load of showers heading through Devon last batch was exclusively if disappointingly of hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thanks guys. I think conditions will ripe for snow for all of us. Just wether not we can get the precipitation,radar looks relatively quiet at moment. Temp here of 1.5c. Dew point -2c. Wind 16mph NW.

Edited by Mark N