Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Turns into a trough over London, with more following on behind. Little Dangler coming out of Telford. Hopefully, these little seedlings of ppn will continue through the night with some more a bit more favourable for the West Country.

I am watching. I bear witness! haha

Thanks for seconding me!! Stopped for now but some nice white roofs out there. Good luck for later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter

snow here 2cm and really cold , just woke up after coming back from a really good party let the dogs out and yep first proper snow, about time ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still some flakes blowing in the wind and a dusting on roofs and road more than I was expecting so a nice surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Just woke up for a wee lol, quickly checked radar and that is one nice little streamer heading south!! Come on let it deliver a dusting eh !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

been watching streamer ,seems to be holding together cant quite work out if its going to run east of bristol or over and into my patch ,we should know come just after six ish .fun for some ,heres hoping . :cold:

Posted

Yep been keeping an eye on that the last few hours 

I knew you'd be up dude - you are a hardcore cold watcher lol :rofl: :rofl:

Posted

I knew you'd be up dude - you are a hardcore cold watcher lol :rofl: :rofl:

Haha i went to bed at 8 and got up at 2 am light snow flurry here

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

been watching streamer ,seems to be holding together cant quite work out if its going to run east of bristol or over and into my patch ,we should know come just after six ish .fun for some ,heres hoping . :cold:

Yes legritter - it's gonna hit somewhere in our vicinity. Good luck to all! Incredible to see the streamer make it this far

Posted

Snowing here in north glos. Was 3 0c now 2. Will the north wales streamer hold out.

This is awesome news! Espec in the middle of the night!

Posted

Ha ha. Not settling yet, if it gets heavier the temp should drop then who knows. Just hope the streamer stays intact.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Yes legritter - it's gonna hit somewhere in our vicinity. Good luck to all! Incredible to see the streamer make it this far

seems to be developing nicely ,hope it gives us up watching a covering ,perhaps we can call it border dangler . :cold:

Posted

I reckon it's just going to my east. I hope Bristol / Bath  gets a dusting out of this. I'm off to bed now.

Posted

just very very light and looks to be fading out on radar

Looks like the met expect it to start to fizzle out by 7ish with it gone by 9, so I wouldn't be surprised! Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Had about 8 flakes hit my windscreen whilst on my way into work in bath, made for some tricky driving conditions lol.

Fromey.

Ps nothing here in bath!

Posted

Crispy and white here this morning. Slight covering.

Only a couple of cm's on the top of the moor at Princetown at about 6.00 pm last night but very icy apparently. Police stopping cars on some of the roads. Silly drivers parking on roadsides meaning emergency vehicles can't get through. Happens every time it snows.

Anyway, hope you all got at least a few flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Crispy and white here this morning. Slight covering.

Only a couple of cm's on the top of the moor at Princetown at about 6.00 pm last night but very icy apparently. Police stopping cars on some of the roads. Silly drivers parking on roadsides meaning emergency vehicles can't get through. Happens every time it snows.

Anyway, hope you all got at least a few flakes.

Every year that happens think it will be a mare this morning as well. Yes lovely to see that it's white crisp and even. Off out in a minute to walk in it. Hoping another streamer sets up today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I guess it probably snowed briefly overnight in Newbury but I await further confirmation as I was sound asleep. The marginality of it all is doing my nut in but I am a glass half full kind of guy and realise that we have a good five to six weeks of snow potential yet and the next working week is set to be the coldest week of the Winter. Here's to another surprise snowfall popping up in the short-term although I have a feeling the cold and dry signal is the main theme of the weather over the next few days.  :friends: Please let the sun shine down and none of that raw dull cloudiness, yuk.

Edited by gottolovethisweather