Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

I've not argued once if precip would be an issue.

OK, so we agree there is no to minimal PPN forecast to tonight, and agree that if something falls it will be snow. But what I'm saying is if there was moderate PPN forecast it wouldn't settle due to surface conditions not being cold enough. So pointless saying conditions are great for falling snow when there's no PPN.

Yes marginality not an issue tonight.

I think if you look at the temps for the next few days we have the cold with us... Will be precipitation based too I'd expect

Sorry mate, 4-5 is not cold if you want lying snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ah see you sound like you know what your doing! Hubby just has a fiddle with some pipe that comes our the boiler in the kitchen. It comes all over the kitchen side. Big wet mess! He nearly got my slow cooker - I was not best pleased ... Any ways we have a condensing one - did same last year and he replaced something related to the condensing thingymagig and that solved it. But looks like its back.Hmmm i've not seen any leaks ... better wait til the heaters are cold and go around touching them up ...

Beka, you are like the Nigella of Net Weather, full of innuendos :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Some bizarre comments.

I think the majority would be happy with a dusting that hangs round for a couple of hours.

There is not large amounts of precip on offer, but who knows. We may all get sweet FA, someone may get 2-5cm.

But you do not need 4-5 day cold spell for snow to settle.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

I've some what wasted my evening over a bumsmumsnet thread ... Tears down my face. Completely unrelated but now i've not been looking at the radar etc! Now where was I ...

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

I love our Regional Thread  :D  The past few days have been so funny.......The Naked man in the Snow was the best!!! Then there was my Sidewayness Problem :oops:

You can ask any question you like. Have a good old Moan, 99% of the time,about lack of SNOW!!!!!!! :crazy: , learn from others and get reports from all over.  :D

Best place to be.  :D

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

1.6*C up from minimum of 1.3*C. Check the NMM for in my view most accurate track of showers: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=42&map=331

No all nighter from me this time, have to be up early for football tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Some bizarre comments.

I think the majority would be happy with a dusting that hangs round for a couple of hours.

There is not large amounts of precip on offer, but who knows. We may all get sweet FA, someone may get 2-5cm.

But you do not need 4-5 day cold spell for snow to settle.

totally agree.

Posted

Oh dear.   It really does sum up what a dire winter this is at present when us lovers of snow are scratching around the charts and radar searching for a few flakes of snow lol.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      My other half is seriously contemplating having me sectioned.

Posted

I love our Regional Thread  :D  The past few days have been so funny.......The Naked man in the Snow was the best!!! Then there was my Sidewayness Problem :oops:

You can ask any question you like. Have a good old Moan, 99% of the time,about lack of SNOW!!!!!!! :crazy: , learn from others and get reports from all over.  :D

Best place to be.  :D

If your all bored waiting for the white stuff to come have a read here to pass the time ... *censored*

Edited by ajpoolshark
LMAO....sorry Beka, bloody funny, but I can;t let that link stay......'oxo tower'.....PMSL

Posted

incidentally, any one know the current thinking is re tuesday? previous talks of potential persistent and disruptive snow..

Posted

Love it and you know you do!

Certainly makes me laugh :D I think that pregnancy is doing some strange things to you there, haha.

Enforcer... Hope you win tomorrow dude. I'll be going bed soon as well, working a 9-9 tomorrow so no late night for me sadly :(

Hope there will be a dusting when I wake up though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Sweetheart! If it produces snow I'll do N-E-FINNNNG!!! Has to be over 7 inches mind ...

*Spits tea out at comment 1*

Meh he won't care - takes the pressure off him LOL

Just because your cold or because you wanna date with me? ...

It is now ...

haha you can normally find 7 up on Mendip :wink:

I actually do have a real date on Sunday evening near Hensbridge not far from Yeovil :D  But I'll keep you in mind :girl_devil:  :give_rose:

maybe they should rename this website Plenty of weather :rofl:

Posted

incidentally, any one know the current thinking is re tuesday? previous talks of potential persistent and disruptive snow..

I was wondering too!!?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Heavy sleet and snow again temps risen to 1.3c. When the cloud moves away temps are now dropping to just above freezing. Hoping what's stuck stays around for the morning.

sadly a non event at this stage

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think we all need to forget the 4 days of positive Monday/Tuesday snowfall talk as it disappeared as expected so it seems my hat is safe for now after I promised to eat it and post a video if it came to fruition. :rofl:

Edited by Nights King

Posted

haha you can normally find 7 up on Mendip :wink:

I actually do have a real date on Sunday evening near Hensbridge not far from Yeovil :D  But I'll keep you in mind :girl_devil:  :give_rose:

maybe they should rename this website Plenty of weather :rofl:

Plenty of Weather :rofl: :rofl: that is genius! I can imagine the advert on TV now. Beka is on it, talking about how Paul (site owner) made a mess on her fresh buns :rofl:

Oh dear.

Posted

Heavy sleet and snow again temps risen to 1.3c. When the cloud moves away temps are now dropping to just above freezing. Hoping what's stuck stays around for the morning.

sadly a non event at this stage

Oh.  :cray:

Posted

I think we all need to forget the 4 days of positive Monday/Tuesday snowfall talk as it disappeared as expected so it seems my hat is safe for now after I promised to eat it and post a video if it came to fruition. :rofl:

well i guess one positive then is that mobile westerly pattern won't make much inroads 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

The streamers going into Devon are still firing. Lucky to be in the prime spot 10 miles either side....nothing.

Posted

Thanks and lol  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

Then there was my Sidewayness Problem :oops:

Seems like you've given up - I did wonder if the 'blank image' would appear sideways as well?

Every Fax chart I have seen is different - come back at T+0 to find out the answer.

Enforcer... Hope you win tomorrow dude. I'll be going bed soon as well, working a 9-9 tomorrow so no late night for me sadly :(

Hope there will be a dusting when I wake up though!

Managed to scrape 11 together - as long as it's a respectable scoreline I won't be too bothered.

Edited by The Enforcer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Plenty of Weather :rofl: :rofl: that is genius! I can imagine the advert on TV now. Beka is on it, talking about how Paul (site owner) made a mess on her fresh buns :rofl:

Oh dear.

behave Andy!  :wink:

Posted

Seems like you've given up - I did wonder if the 'blank image' would appear sideways as well?

Every Fax chart I have seen is different - come back at T+0 to find out the answer.

Managed to scrape 11 together - as long as it's a respectable scoreline I won't be too bothered.

Re tues then, model uncertainty at that range is going to lead to some surprises no doubt. and I'm sure they will be good surprised when we are in an embedded cold regime