Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Ooooh happy for those getting some (wink wink). Do you think southampton will get lucky?!!!!!

Posted

light snow just started

Ooooh happy for those getting some (wink wink). Do you think southampton will get lucky?!!!!!

don't rule it out...

light snow just started

don't rule it out...

main thing is the uppers are cold enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just started - light flurry Bucks/Oxfordshire border :)

Keep reports such as these coming guys n gals, until the time comes that I pass out at my keyboard as I getting a bit old for all this over exuberance. :nonono:  I'll try to struggle on, might be Red Bull time or time for something stronger.  :bomb:

Currently dry -1.0c AT, -2.7c DP and a steady barometer reading of 1005.mb in Newbury.

Main timeframe for said activity should be from approximately 10pm to 12pm for most here so stand by your lamp-posts and security lights and get twitching those curtains.  :friends:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Can anyone else see the halo around the moon tonight. Why does this happen?

ice crystals in very night level cloud. saw it here too. largest id seen - indicative of very thin layer i think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Can anyone else see the halo around the moon tonight. Why does this happen?

certainly did earlier - cloud now covered it. Put moon halo in google :)

Posted

ice crystals in very night level cloud. saw it here too. largest id seen - indicative of very thin layer i think

* high level cloud

Posted

12z GFS and NMM 12z for the early hours of the morning...

post-9530-0-52173300-1422912650_thumb.gi     post-9530-0-07435900-1422912651_thumb.pn

Both going towards the East of our region. From current radar, I think the Met is bang on with its warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, I'm heading down to the pub. I hope you lot get to see something later- I'm unsure about here. But, you never know! And I'll be radar watching on my phone regardless. Enjoy. :)

Posted

Anything west of a straight line down from Gloucester will miss the fun I think. Hopefully wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just been out, spectacular Moon Halo.. Snow clouds to the NE of here! Temp -1.2c. Dew point -2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

12z GFS and NMM 12z for the early hours of the morning...

attachicon.gif18-574UK.gif     attachicon.gifnmmuk-1-14-0.png

Both going towards the East of our region. From current radar, I think the Met is bang on with its warning.

.......radar watch from now on.....the here and now!  :)

Posted

very interesting radar watch tonight.

Got some concerns that this might start to fizzle out soon!!

heres hoping it carrys on intensifying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just been out, spectacular Moon Halo.. Snow clouds to the NE of here! Temp -1.2c. Dew point -2.8c

Zoomed right in on Headington on NW v6 radar and you'll have some flakes in less than 5 minutes from now I reckon. What's your Temps & DP Mark?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Zoomed right in on Headington on NW v6 radar and you'll have some flakes in less than 5 minutes from now I reckon. What's your Temps & DP Mark?

Temp -1.2c, d.p -2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Keep reports such as these coming guys n gals, until the time comes that I pass out at my keyboard as I getting a bit old for all this over exuberance. :nonono:  I'll try to struggle on, might be Red Bull time or time for something stronger.  :bomb:

Currently dry -1.0c AT, -2.7c DP and a steady barometer reading of 1005.mb in Newbury.

Main timeframe for said activity should be from approximately 10pm to 12pm for most here so stand by your lamp-posts and security lights and get twitching those curtains.  :friends:

. It is at this time I need a snow alarm like the radar alarm in my phone.. I could do with a wee snooze then awake to watch it all unfold hopefully potentially please possibly please..

Posted

very interesting radar watch tonight.

Got some concerns that this might start to fizzle out soon!!

heres hoping it carrys on intensifying.

The Cotswold and Wessex Downs will catch most of it I'd imagine and then it's a question of whether it makes it South of the M4 in tact.  :hi:

Posted

Temp -1.2c, d.p -2.8c

No marginality even with cloud cover, that's what we so desperately wanted to hear. Bring on the snow. 

Posted

Pahaha! Make sure you have your "raincoats" ready! Or you'll up end up like me ...

Posted

Welcome aboard this regional all 112 of you by the way, a busy thread then. :drunk:  Crucial time period upcoming if you want to see some magical white crystals falling from the skies. 

Just started snowing here in the duchy

You got a good covering yet?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

old people dont drink red bull poppet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

I noticed this earlier too!

Usually ice crystals in suspension. There was a visible parhelion here when I went out for a run this afternoon, typical that I didn't have my phone with me for once.

Might get a look in with that small batch if it doesn't fade. There seems to be a sporadic westward correction though, albeit slight. It does seem to be intensifying though (if you can call it that). :)