Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Truly wild last night amazing strobing Lightning ,just brilliant :)..

I think it weakened quite a bit when it got here, when i was looking at it coming up from the south there was fequent lightning but it died right down to only 1 strike every 2 minutes or so as it passed over me, still one of the best i've seen around here but thats not saying much as i've probably only seen about 10 in my lifetime living here.

I think it weakened quite a bit when it got here, when i was looking at it coming up from the south there was fequent lightning but it died right down to only 1 strike every 2 minutes or so as it passed over me, still one of the best i've seen around here but thats not saying much as i've probably only seen about 10 in my lifetime living here.

I wasn't expecting anything that late so quite pleased ,more tomorrow possibly :)....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Yesterday's time-lapse. My perfect summer's day:

Loved the vid and music. Excellent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Loved the vid and music. Excellent

Thank you. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This time yesterday it was 29.5 c here, now it's 14c.

Yes today was always going to be cooler but that sort of turnaround is certainly out of the ordinary if not some sort of record.

Hopefully tomorrow sees the reverse occur although I think low to mid 20s will be our limit here before the chance of more storms overnight into Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

This Morning the beeb forecast thunderstorms over us by now so where is it?  :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Well, so much for our "flash in the pan" heatwave. Clear overnight with a min. of 14.9C, then clear until breakfast before the infill built.  Temp at lunchtime around 25C, around 1pm a spell of light rain, then a short bright spell when the sky darkened heralding a long spell of heavy rain accompanied by a remarkable reduction of temp over two hours from 22C to 14C. Cloud cleared around 6pm, current temp here is 15.4C while Liverpool ATIS is reporting 17C. Wind: calm F0, cloud less than 1/8, currently dry, ground damp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Careful. The netweather kangaroo court will have you up on a charge of "moaning " at this rate....I've already been found guilty.

• Like 4

Posted

Careful. The netweather kangaroo court will have you up on a charge of "moaning " at this rate....I've already been found guilty.

With all due respect, your avatar doesn't not inspire confidence in optimistic thought processes, infact one could cynically say it's apt....

Today's time-lapse

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of thunder and lightening last night, everything sounded eerily silent - quite a show..

Marked drop in temp today, we maxed out around 17 degree mark some 12 degrees lower than yesterday and this evening as low as 14 degrees, 15 degrees lower than yesterday, low considering uppers are not that cold and we have a SW drift.. quite unusual. The weather is rather exciting and interesting at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

With all due respect, your avatar doesn't not inspire confidence in optimistic thought processes, infact one could cynically say it's apt....

Today's time-lapse

Haha. Love it. That actually made me smile!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Cracking start to the day. Went hot yesterday for a time before rain arrived and knocked the temperature down over 10C

Looks like sunshine is the theme for today. Long may this continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

It could be an interesting night for us if the midnight run of the Euro4 is correct:

post-21671-0-85526300-1435919890_thumb.g

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

People get ready for the trip to Jordan.

You don't need no ticket, just praise the lord.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

People get ready for the trip to Jordan.

You don't need no ticket, just praise the lord.

Jordan? He lives in Runcorn...who'd want to take a trip to there :rofl:  (unless there's a supercell going through obv)

Posted

Jordan is a beautiful country and almost most of its rainfall comes from storms.

Those are lyrics from a song actually but the trip to Jordan is an analogy. It means get ready for storms.  :D

what are you on about karyo !!!!.

Jordan? He lives in Runcorn...who'd want to take a trip to there :rofl:  (unless there's a supercell going through obv)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

My 2 favourite weather types snow and storms and little old wirral manages to miss it all each an every time! Very frustrating!!! Oh well back into hibernation. There's always next time.......

Posted

My 2 favourite weather types snow and storms and little old wirral manages to miss it all each an every time! Very frustrating!!! Oh well back into hibernation. There's always next time.......

Why do you think you are going to miss the storms?