Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The models still has the high pressure centered over us. Oh well. :(

The model thread just dead.

I certainly getting interesting that this month is a dullest month of the year no doubt. It is heading that way.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Do know this, February is the shortest month of the year and we already in middle of Feb. The most cloudiest month of the year could be in the making.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hmmmm.... Another grey day but we had something different happen and fall from the sky!! There was drizzle for most of the day making it damp, cold & grey = Thoroughly awful period of weather...  This week has been drab to say the least, low pressure moving in tomorrow which will stir things up for a while at least with a bit of rain and wind!

Posted

TUMBLEWEEEDS AGAIN !

Pops in .....and pops out again .....

enough said !
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Lol, even the tumble weeds quit !!!.:)...

Better put the emergency chairs away again by the looks of it.

It's certainly coming to something when the weeks weather highlight for me was 30 seconds early this afternoon when the cloud thinned to allow a bit of brightness, not sunshine just a bit of brightness and even warmth.

Then before I could say "at least it will be mild" the gloom returned ans so did the cold.

Role on tomorrow's rain to lift the excitement levels.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Lol, looking forward to rain ,what's happened to us !!!!!!..

I've always thought that the only difference between between summer and winter in this country was the amount of daylight and size of the heating bills.

The weather part of it hardly changes and rain is rain, summer or winter, warm or cold it's always wet and IMO always miserable.

But, compared to the last few days it's a change and at least it will wash the salt and grit off the drive.

• Like 1

I've always thought that the only difference between between summer and winter in this country was the amount of daylight and size of the heating bills.

The weather part of it hardly changes and rain is rain, summer or winter, warm or cold it's always wet and IMO always miserable.

But, compared to the last few days it's a change and at least it will wash the salt and grit off the drive.

I must admit the endless dampness will drive me from this land in the coming years !!.

Posted

I must admit the endless dampness will drive me from this land in the coming years !!.

This time of year is depressing anyway without the gloom of the weather adding to it.

Anyway, another few weeks and we start to get a bit of evening light rather than traveling to and from work in the dark.

Posted

Echoing many others thoughts - recent conditions have been in a word 'drab' at a time of year when many are longing for some brightness given 3 and half months of limited light. SAD sufferers I suspect will be hoping to a quick end to it all.

Unfortunately it looks like we going to swap still dank greyness for a grey wetter variety. We did manage some decent days last week though - pay back time.. Take me to May now!

Oh and fade to grey is on the radio!

• Like 1

Posted

So bored but went to Witherspoons for tea so feel better..was really cold on the way back

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, even though the past week or so has been dry, the ground and feilds are still very soggy. Which is a pain for dog walkers.

Shame we didn't have more sunny days to dry it all out.

Posted

Plus ty for the messges lastnight still feel rather crappie but better than last nightg

• Like 1

Posted

So bored but went to Witherspoons for tea so feel better..was really cold on the way back

What do you have at Wetherspoons?

I'm eating kebab right now.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning. It is nice to see the winds are picking up here at last.

Edited by pip22

Posted

What do you have at Wetherspoons?

I'm eating kebab right now.

on Thursdays its curry night ao that's what I had.

£5.65 for a curry rice naan bread poppadoms chutney and two onion bhajis plus a pint bargain..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Windy and cold here

Posted

on Thursdays its curry night ao that's what I had.

£5.65 for a curry rice naan bread poppadoms chutney and two onion bhajis plus a pint bargain..

Nice!! :-)

• Like 1