Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Chinese eatten stuffed, mourinhos face and comments comical, citys win just about made my day.... Second bottle of vino open lovely, early to bed i think so....

Ps overcast now, temp upto 1c, was -1c few hours ago.... No snow now but icy....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Certainly is, maybe everyone's on an early night ready for the excitement of tomorrow's weather.

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Chinese eaten stuffed, mourinhos face and comments comical, citys win just about made my day.... Second bottle of vino open lovely, early to bed i think so....

He had a point though, Ashley Barnes's tackles were both bad and the second one probably deserved a red, and that's coming from a Burnley fan.

Meanwhile in regional weather land, it's hovering around freezing here and dry, other than that it's all eyes to tomorrow.

Whether we'll be in the sweet spot, only time will tell but as a snow event, this seems to have been upgraded over the last day or so and tonight's graphics showed snow across much of Northern England and not just over high ground.

• Like 1

He had a point though, Ashley Barnes's tackles were both bad and the second one probably deserved a red, and that's coming from a Burnley fan.

Meanwhile in regional weather land, it's hovering around freezing here and dry, other than that it's all eyes to tomorrow.

Whether we'll be in the sweet spot, only time will tell but as a snow event, this seems to have been upgraded over the last day or so and tonight's graphics showed snow across much of Northern England and not just over high ground.

Nuff said I 61 :)..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just a friendly reminder that this is primarily a weather community thread.....there are an increasing amount of posts that would be more suited to the banter thread over in The Lounge....thanks

• Like 3

Posted

Overcast.... Orange glow to clouds..... Glass of red, chocolate buttons then bed..... Fire roaring, city win, scrummy chinese.... Fulfilled.... Oh yep snow falling and laying earlier to boot.... Good day....

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 1

Posted

Time for bed me thinks and lets see what weather Sunday brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

The temperatures keep shifting from above freezing to below freezing and vice versa here, due to the varying cloud cover. Other than that, it's a largely dry night.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted

Met out by four degrees....lm now -2c.... Beeb say its now plus 2c.... Frosty....thanks beeb saying im in leek.....accuarate??

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Dry here and  a tad chilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

I don't want to be patronising and stop people enjoying themseleves - but - this beggars belief after the recent deaths on the very same Mountain.

Helvellyn Ground conditions:

Latest: 21/02/2015 16:57 FELL TOP CONDITIONS REPORT Date: Saturday 21 February Helvellyn Summit at 1220. A colder but clearer day today, following a light dusting of snow on the fells overnight. This has settled above 500m, but at that level is barely 1cm in depth. Above 700m the fresh snow is generally 3cm in depth, but it has accumulated in sheltered places to a maximum depth of 20cm. Where it lies over old, hard-packed snow, there is no bonding between these layers, and on the east face in particular there is a real danger of the fresh snow sliding on the old icy layer. There are still cornices above north through to south-east facing slopes, so please keep well back from such edges. Despite the appearance of lambs and daffodils in the valleys, winter has returned to the high fells - the summit windchill was minus 10.4C today - so full winter clothing and footwear remain essential for those venturing out onto the fells. For those heading above 700m an ice axe and crampons are also essential. Exits from both Striding Edge and Swirral Edge involve crossing a very steep, very hard snow slope - these areas of neve are unavoidable on these ridges. The same can be said for the 'easier' routes such as that from Swirls. Where this route passes above Brown Cove Crags at around 750m there is a steep slope of hard snow that can't be avoided. Today there were lots of people in trainers and wellies getting into serious difficulties here. The cloud base today on Helvellyn was around 900m, but lifted occasionally above the summits. Upland tarns, such as Red Tarn, are still frozen, but are unsafe to walk on. Temperature: minus 3.3 deg C. Maximum wind speed 16.5mph. Wind chill: minus 10.4 deg C. Average wind speed: 11.6mph.

Ian

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Blimey o reily! I havent seen that in a long while http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile although i know this will be rain, especially for lower ground,it is cold this morning but no frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Ian, I couldn't believe it either pure madness!

It's a slog up to Red Tarn in walking boots so I take my hat off to anyone who does it in wellies!! But to go onto the high Fells is madness, the local papers yesterday told how a very experienced local mountaineer died on Helvelyn on Tuesday, he had done all of Europes highest peaks so to die on your local mountain is tragic

It shows just how dangerous Helvelyn can be.

Andy

Posted

Blimey o reily! I havent seen that in a long while http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile although i know this will be rain, especially for lower ground,it is cold this morning but no frost.

I think everyone could see a bit of transient snow.

True there's no frost but a lot of cold air is wrapped around the system and evaporative cooling will probably come into play so there could a few surprises.

Up here it's bitter, above freezing yes but certainly felt damn cold when I did the couple of miles round trip for for a paper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looking at some of the regional threads rain reports in Scotland

And a snow report in Wales, for here early frost lifted now

Overcast feels absolutely freezing out, however fully expect

Nothing but rain.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

If you're below 150m, I wouldn't really expect much of anything to be honest (of course I'd like to be proved wrong). I think it will just be extremely transient, maybe 30 minutes of snow before it turns back to rain, if that. Even the hills I think, will see it turn to rain later on, but may see a good few hours of snowfall first.

Edited by Thunderbolt_
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Precip is just at the coast according to the radar. How come it hasn't moved yet?

Looks like the coast is eating away all our snow!! :(

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Forget it!!

Just checked the precip type radar and it shows rain. This Winter is sucks!!

• Like 1

Posted

Above me at about 400m there is quite thick snowcover.... 3-4 inches, here theres nout.... Yesterdays sun melted everything.... With snowcover above 400m there may well be longer lasting snowfall than up here.... Overcast and feeling cold in breeze temp 1c dew -1c....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

we just left Edinburgh and hit snow. Heading down towrds Glaagow now on motorway aa a better road. Sleeting now and gritters are out in force. Just hit snow again

Edited by Miamay
  • Like 1