Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started of foggy, then the sun burnt through most of it, but left a haze around all day. It has felt nice and warm in the sun. But it's been the most annoying day ever. Been listening to the port beacon and fog horns all day. High of 13.9, temp now  9.6. 

Posted

Hi folks it looks like we will breach 20C quite widely in SE may reach 21/22C in the capital. :)

On another topic - we've struck oil! To the south of London.

post-19153-0-47331100-1428615200_thumb.j

There could be up to 100 billion barrels of oil onshore beneath the South of England, says exploration firm UK Oil & Gas Investments (UKOG).

Last year, the firm drilled a well at Horse Hill, near Gatwick airport, and analysis of that well suggests the local area could hold 158 million barrels of oil per square mile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32229203

Significant discovery -

UK version of Dallas on the way? I know certain people will be rubbing their hands together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

GFS going for 19C widely tomorrow, so 20/21C should be possible.

24-582UK.GIF?09-18

But that is nothing on the potential for next week.

120-582UK.GIF?10-18

low twenties widely by Tuesday, just 5 days away and the models suggest Wednesday could be even warmer (maybe hitting 25C which is pretty darn good for mid-April).

• Like 1

Posted

So buying tons of winter soup veg on the basis of the forecasts for the weekend wasn't necessarily a good idea then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So buying tons of winter soup veg on the basis of the forecasts for the weekend wasn't necessarily a good idea then?

Nothing wrong with winter veg soup :)

Still

Saturday

45-582UK.GIF?09-18

11-13C

Sunday

69-582UK.GIF?09-18

15-17C

Only 1 day below 15C in the next week or so, not bad for April.

Posted

Early fog gone, now sunny and the temperatures are picking up.

Posted

Near 17C currently - looks likely we will top 20C the first of 2015. :)

Horrendous air quality in the past few days for our region I keep coughing and it is quite hazy, the climax over parts of Kent & East Sussex note purple swathe (Friday) stay inside it you can if you are in at risk groups.

post-19153-0-92100500-1428663759_thumb.j

Parts of the UK could reach the highest level of air pollution on Friday, prompting health warnings.

Warm, still conditions are expected to combine with traffic fumes, pollution from the continent and Saharan dust from the south as it rises to level 10.

Much of the South East and eastern England will see high levels of pollution, although the problem is expected to be short-lived.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32233922

Thankfully current southerly wind importing all this dust and grime, will veer from the west as weekend begins, turning cooler and fresher.

Posted

Maxed out at 20.8C circa half one, very pleasant outside it could have been warmer but it clouded up a tad gradually cooling as I speak, Spring/Summer has sprung no going back!

Edit: Spoke too soon on the rise again...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Just 16C here, the large amounts of high cloud has meant that today was cooler than yesterday.

Tuesday looks good with 24C possible going by the models.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Yes Captain,

It is cloudy here in north Chelmsford and we have just had a shower. It has stopped now but not as warm as I was led to believe it would be.

Looking forward to next week's warmth

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Maxed out at 20.8C circa half one, very pleasant outside it could have been warmer but it clouded up a tad gradually cooling as I speak, Spring/Summer has sprung no going back!

Edit: Spoke too soon on the rise again...

Topped off at 21.4C just after 3 PM long sunny spells + UHI enhancing warmth per usual.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi folks it looks like we will breach 20C quite widely in SE may reach 21/22C in the capital. :)

On another topic - we've struck oil! To the south of London.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

There could be up to 100 billion barrels of oil onshore beneath the South of England, says exploration firm UK Oil & Gas Investments (UKOG).

Last year, the firm drilled a well at Horse Hill, near Gatwick airport, and analysis of that well suggests the local area could hold 158 million barrels of oil per square mile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32229203

Significant discovery -

UK version of Dallas on the way? I know certain people will be rubbing their hands together.

They should leave it where it is. Sorry just my opinion. For all the good things it does for us, it also seems to cause many problems too.

• Like 2

Posted

Nice day today once the fog cleared this morning, a high of 19.1, which is the high for this year here by about 6C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

With clean air today the sky is looking nice and blue.

Posted

A brief spell of squally rain late morning, since then it has been fine and fresh with sunny spells.

Posted

They should leave it where it is. Sorry just my opinion. For all the good things it does for us, it also seems to cause many problems too.

I agree some things are best left untouched, it is said only 3-5% of the oil can be extracted by the way.

Much cooler compared yesterday and remarkably more fresher, wonderful. Top temp 13.1C...

Posted

Next week looks to be warming up nicely but not persisting for too long 22/23C evident across big stretches of SE & EA coastal communities remaining on the cool side due to chilly onshore breezes thanks to cool waters. Along with the warmth comes some energy for potent storms, first 'outbreak' of the year? :D

post-19153-0-57797200-1428765655_thumb.jpost-19153-0-11352000-1428765668_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Been a nice day today after this mornings light rain finished. High of 14.3.

Posted

Fine start here with sunny spells;

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Off to the Suffolk/Norfolk coast tomorrow until Friday morning, just wondering whether I should pack a pair of shorts? I'm thinking 1 pair for Tuesday and Wednesday? Then trousers tomorrow Thursday and Friday? What do we reckon?

Posted

Off to the Suffolk/Norfolk coast tomorrow until Friday morning, just wondering whether I should pack a pair of shorts? I'm thinking 1 pair for Tuesday and Wednesday? Then trousers tomorrow Thursday and Friday? What do we reckon?

I would suggest so latest GFS run is going for 25C midweek and remaining very warm for April standards all through working week with the risk of thunderstorms. If we was in July we would have 32C+'plus days...

post-19153-0-75216600-1428839355_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1