Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny again today, but much much cooler, just 12C at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just 14C, but a respectable day with good sunny spells. A lot of high/mid level cloud has built up so maybe a spot of two of rain will come later.

Posted

There were a few quite heavy showers last night. Today it is bright with sunny spells and some high level cloud. Just 11C at the moment.

Posted

Fine but cool day here with sunny spells and some fair weather cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Not a bad day for a spot of gardening

Posted

I lot of cloud outside, but still some bright or sunny intervals. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

Posted

A lovely sunny day today, which is nice after the rather cloudy picture of yesterday.

Temperatures should reach 15-18C.

Posted

ground frost here this morning, temperatures got down to around 1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely day here and feels pleasantly warm in the garden. It makes a change for me to pick a decent week to have a holiday even if things do go down hill on Friday. Here there is a possibility of a few wet flurries of snow next week in heavier showers. What a shock that would be. !!

Posted

A pleasant 17C again outside with clear blue skies. Bournemouth the warmest place today at 21C.

Tomorrow looks cooler and cloudier with cloud coming in from the north east. Friday look warmer again though with temperatures possibly scraping to 20/21C in places again.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

After some early low cloud the sun is out again. Looking at the radar the main bank of low cloud is still out in the north sea with patchy stuff affecting the norfolk coastlines and still some bits over Essex and Kent which formed last night.

Posted

Blizzards are round the corner! :cold:

(If we was in DEC/JAN/FEB) :D:spiteful:

Bloody weather does play with us to think in the heart of winter I used to stay up till 4am hoping to catch a snow shower with crap synoptics and then we head towards Summer with wintery pattern how sad am I? still an addictive business - our time will come. Hopefully 15/16 season is generous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Can't believe people are getting so excited about the chilly spell coming up, in the normal ramping place... Okay, there will be some nice cloudscapes, but the potential for sharp frosts is not good at all for growers, especially commercial growers. I'm hoping the winds don't drop out too much at night...

In terms of temperatures this late in the year, it should be borne in mind that we've only had the grand total of 5 CET days, with temperatures at or below zero celsius, in April, since 1772. Four of those days were in the first three days of April. In terms of CET maximum temperatures, well we've had the grand total of 10 of those days in April, since 1878, where the temperature has not exceeded 4C. The last time was in 1968.

Realism needed I think (and I'm not saying there's no chance of some of us seeing wintry precipitation early next week) :)

• Like 1

Posted

I can't see anything wintry down here, the cold air just warms out as it moves south, so probably 9-11C being the temperature range next week.

The stratus has returned this afternoon, so it is cloudy with a few chinks of sunlight getting through.

Actually the most interesting weather could be this weekend with the potential for thundery showers to break out as low pressure develops through the UK. As I said in the mod-thread, you don't need cold temperatures to get these showers going.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

As the saying goes: 'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'

I assume any wintery precipitation will be reserved to nightfall, although when showers rattle though there can be quite a big drop in temperature, factor in cold seas less moderation you never know.

Posted

As the saying goes: 'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'

I assume any wintery precipitation will be reserved to nightfall, although when showers rattle though there can be quite a big drop in temperature, factor in cold seas less moderation you never know.

Or the cold spell could still fall flat on its face, the UKMO has binned it and has high pressure building back in next week.  :rofl:

Posted

Or the cold spell could still fall flat on its face, the UKMO has binned it and has high pressure building back in next week. :rofl:

Indeed ECM/GFS still seem keen on a short northerly blast 850s not spectacular this far south, quite an good outlook, differing from the norm. I think squally rain showers will be on the agenda but we need every ounce considering how bone dry it has been, so can't complain. Eventually cold trough is shunted out by Azores high protruding in come early May, turning more settled and warmer as May gets kicking is my take.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Well it's pretty gloomy here and looking at the satelite images, well I think this sums up the entire region. Very little wind today so it is up to the sun to break this cloud down.