Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Sure your weren't dreaming? It's was pleasantly mild last night here in Surrey, the cloud also made it warmer

Morning Surrey. Yes, I did have a dream, but I can't talk about it here in case Mrs Blessed looks over my shoulder! :crazy:

Strewth CS, latest GFS showing a direct hit for EA in the wee small hours of Tues morning. Monsoon stuff!

:shok: post-20040-0-88763000-1430554281_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Surrey. Yes, I did have a dream, but I can't talk about it here in case Mrs Blessed looks over my shoulder! :crazy:

Strewth CS, latest GFS showing a direct hit for EA in the wee small hours of Tues morning. Monsoon stuff!

:shok:attachicon.gifGFS 6hrprecip Tues05April15 03.00.png

Bank we could do with the rain the soil is caked hard from this drought like state in past few months. Regarding frosts you have to wake up very early to observe the white sheen as sun really causes mercury to shoot up.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

It's a lovely afternoon here. Only 14C and a bit breezy, but with hardly a cloud it's really pleasant in the warmth of the May sun.

So it's a no-brainer - I'm off to my local. There's a Bank Holiday Beer Festival on, with 28 beers and 9 ciders.... there could be trouble ahead! :drinks:

Edit: The difference with no sun! By the time I arrived at the pub at 4.15 the cloud had moved in and the wind felt really chilly. But at least the beers were at the right temperature!

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

12C here with sunny intervals.Not a bad day, though rather chilly in the wind.

Looks like the heavy rain will push through tonight with the next pulse Monday night so during the day things might be okay, also tomorrow and Monday should see temperatures back in the high teens for any so feeling warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Rain has arrived here, garden needs a good soaking after recent weeks of dryish weather :D

Posted

what weather was hoping to get in the garden  to-day its pouring  down

I could punch some people in the face in the model thread they cherry pick what they want when in actual fact across the board it's s different picture it's hard for people to learn and understand when these people make an opinionated forecast rather than factual,

Edited by Captain shortwave
Swear filter appears to be broken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Thunder today? With a 52% chance for my area, according to the 7/10 day forecast, but with CAPE and the storm risk maps looking more significant, it may happen today whereas the last time we had 52% chance, nothing happened. I admit I am not very educated on forecasting and other factors yet, so far I just would like this rain to clear... should have been in the garden yesterday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A wee bit damp here this morning, hopefully it will clear soon and warm up. Good chance of some thunderstorms later as the warmth ad humidity trigger some beefy showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

A wee bit damp here this morning, hopefully it will clear soon and warm up. Good chance of some thunderstorms later as the warmth ad humidity trigger some beefy showers.

Talking of beef, my barbecue has been canceled :cray: Beef falling from the sky would make up for it though. :whistling: The easterly wind has eased but it is damp and miserable and very mild, 15.4c. If the sun does break through, then we could hit 15.5 :p and this might set off some drizzle showers, knowing my luck. :wallbash:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

The main band of rain just clearing Ipswich area, although radar shows some dribs and drabs still to come through in due course. A total of 5.1mm fell here in Hadleigh. Currently 14.2C.

Radar at 11.00 post-20040-0-63069900-1430649002_thumb.j

Posted

I love a good storm...but I've got washing in the machine...it's going to be a huge gamble putting it out (I live in flats so it's not just a case of running out into the garden).

Boyfriend has his rain poncho on....which means it will miss us  :D

• Like 1

Posted

Sun is out now. For the first time in ages it feels warm and humid.

Actually it is probably the first humid day this year unlike what so many other people have said.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

missed me by miles as usual :cray:

Posted

Some decent cells breaking out now, temperatures pushing to around the 20C mark in places.

Hopefully we can get some crackers during the rest of the day.

Posted

Storms in coming!!!!

I think those of us wanting a good storm and/or some heavy rain need to keep everything crossed! This afternoon's GFS suggesting the storms will only graze our Region, with the main area of storms out in the North Sea. Latest storm risk charts:

Mon midnight post-20040-0-36467600-1430662495_thumb.p Tues 03.00 post-20040-0-71783000-1430662502_thumb.p 06.00 post-20040-0-72736000-1430662510_thumb.p 09.00 post-20040-0-14924100-1430662519_thumb.p

So whilst the best storms may go east of us, ironically GFS also suggests the heaviest rain will be to the west of us. Euro4 agrees. :fool:

GFS Tues 03.00 post-20040-0-73866600-1430662539_thumb.p Euro4 03.00 post-20040-0-48716100-1430662547_thumb.g

Posted

big  storm in coming if my rain alarm pro right

Posted

My apologies if Surrey's comment was about the here and now. In my post above I was looking at the low coming up from France overnight Monday into Tuesday.

There is indeed a line of storms this afternoon, showing up nicely on the radar: post-20040-0-14457600-1430664141_thumb.j

Posted

change  that  the  the east could see a long line of storms  soon

Posted

Missed MK we were at the edge of the cloud, sadly south. I couldn't even hear thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

That first storm in the line on radar has developed an interesting look, is it hooking?

Edited by alexisj9