Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

After a cloudy daybreak, we now have a beautiful Spring day in Lowestoft. :)

Unfortunately the ants are enjoying it too. :(

Hi Gang,

So the cold begins to get watered down on the models.

The usual posters still bigging it up big time. I would like to note what the models were showing could damage so much for us. Not just crops but bees ETC it would or could be devastating. But small minded people don't care about this. 

What was showing as snow for the midlands north (showers) is now confined to the very North of Scotland. 

It looks as though it will now only become a brief blip of cold and unsellted weather, before high pressure comes back in and takes over.

Im not sure why wou would want snow now and ice now? It would be a complete waste with the strength and legnth of the days now.. You would need a cloudless day at 0 degrees for any snow to last. Not going to happen at the end of April into May down here or pretty much anywhere in he UK.

People also posting charts of -4 uppers over the south of the UK midlands ETC saying this will bring wintry showers. False again. The air below them is warming up, and with any sun the uppers again don't account to much. Pointless posts as usual.

So.. 

Hail thunder Lightning.. Possible.

Snow.. Sleet... Not a chance! Unless you go right up to the top of the mountains. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloud breaking up now, so this afternoon should be an increasingly sunny one.

Before things turn cooler, tomorrow might offer another taste of early summer warmth.

33-582UK.GIF?23-6

18/19C widely so perhaps getting into the low twenties in places with sunny skies forecast for most of the day.

The colder may only last a day (Monday) at the moment with conditions turning drier and less cold from Tuesday, though things are still up in the air.

Strangely the day showing best potential for some thundery showers is Saturday at the moment (going by the GFS) with warm and increasingly unstable air over this part of the UK.

Cloud breaking up now, so this afternoon should be an increasingly sunny one.

Before things turn cooler, tomorrow might offer another taste of early summer warmth.

33-582UK.GIF?23-6

18/19C widely so perhaps getting into the low twenties in places with sunny skies forecast for most of the day.

The colder may only last a day (Monday) at the moment with conditions turning drier and less cold from Tuesday, though things are still up in the air.

Strangely the day showing best potential for some thundery showers is Saturday at the moment (going by the GFS) with warm and increasingly unstable air over this part of the UK.

Away from the far North and high ground of the Midlands this "cold spell" is diminishing quicker and quicker.. Im looking forward to some potent showers and im sure the ground and plants are to given that we have had very limited rain now for over a month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A lovely day here now and it feels warmer today as here the breeze is not as pronounced as yesterday . I wish this weather could continue. It can rain at night lol. I can wait for my snow fix until winter as had been mentioned it wouldn't come to much now anyway and would do more harm to the gardens. Enjoy the sun everyone ☀ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I don't want any snow now, even if i love snow, once we hit spring I'm looking forward to the thunderstormy season. Very windy here again, never lived somewhere so far from the coast and for it to be so windy. 

Very fresh this morning, donned my jumper and coat, but by 3pm the coat had to come off, once out of the wind it was warm. Sun is hazy now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

That nagging easterly has finally gone, the air is still, warm and sunny, feels a little like storms could be around later, quite muggy too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hazy sunshine here, some high level cloud drifting around, hopefully we can hit 20C today.

Posted

Much better temperature wise today widely around the 18-20C mark this afternoon. Make the most of it as it is downhill from here.

Looking like an unsettled and perhaps cool at times period to start May, though the monthly models do suggest an improvement from around the 10th with low pressure drifting back west allowing the Azores high to potentially regain control.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Nice today but the outlook for the next few days is less than warm and rosy :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a lovely day here in Suffolk! Just some high cloud from time to time, but a very pleasant 20c here in Hadleigh this afternoon. Quite a range from the overnight low of 3c. Unfortunately looking cooler for the coming week. A few temperature charts highlight the change:

Today, Fri 24th at 17.00 post-20040-0-28792400-1429903888_thumb.g Sunday 26th 17.00 post-20040-0-89982900-1429904017_thumb.g Mon 27th 17.00 post-20040-0-39620600-1429904085_thumb.g

And some chilly nights to come early next week:

Overnight low Mon 27th 05.00 post-20040-0-12048200-1429904140_thumb.g Tues 28th 02.00 post-20040-0-32856100-1429904192_thumb.g

And tonight's ECM and GFS are not looking encouraging for a quick improvement. Indeed, it may go downhill further.  :(

ECM Fri 1st May post-20040-0-67553300-1429904608_thumb.p GFS post-20040-0-42524200-1429904637_thumb.p

Morning gang,

Typical over hype as usual in this forum of the up and coming "cold spell"

I see one day next week we could get a frost and away from towns and cities this won't be the case.

Then this weekends weather, well now it looks like the rain wl clear early morning and be dry in the afternoon and pleasant in any sunshine.

This to applies to next week, forgot the the temperature charts for one second, in any breaks and that some comes out given we are going into may it will very pleasant.

3-4 typical posters making it crap for everyone else and people trying to learn.

Posted

Morning gang,

Typical over hype as usual in this forum of the up and coming "cold spell"

I see one day next week we could get a frost and away from towns and cities this won't be the case.

Then this weekends weather, well now it looks like the rain wl clear early morning and be dry in the afternoon and pleasant in any sunshine.

This to applies to next week, forgot the the temperature charts for one second, in any breaks and that some comes out given we are going into may it will very pleasant.

3-4 typical posters making it crap for everyone else and people trying to learn.

I have to agree somewhat, ground frost possible Sunday and Monday night, but temperatures here in Chelmsford are forecast to reach 12C. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sunny intervals here with cloud building nicely, the temperature is around 17C so it still feels rather warm outside.

I have to agree somewhat, ground frost possible Sunday and Monday night, but temperatures here in Chelmsford are forecast to reach 12C. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sunny intervals here with cloud building nicely, the temperature is around 17C so it still feels rather warm outside.

Yep sun has been out from this morning in-between the clouds, some nice heating of the ground going on for later today, the airmasses batteling it out right over us!

Posted

Some thunderstorms sitting to the north and west of the region, these should push towards us during the evening.

18C here now, lovely day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

In Bedford, very black to the south, looks like we'll be driving back home in some heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Slight mammatus clouds developing here, nice to see even if nothing comes off. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very dark clouds to my left, but it's missing me. Looks quite stormy as well.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

As expected, big puddles back to LB. Must have been a decent deluge for a while at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A very pleasant afternoon after the early morning light rain cleared, reaching a high of 18c in the sunshine. It's clouded over this evening and started raining at 19.30'ish. Looking at the rainfall radar the band of rain is moving E/NE, so it looks like the rain will be falling here for some hours to come.

Cloud building 19.00 post-20040-0-04409900-1429991308_thumb.j Rainfall radar 19.30 post-20040-0-02667500-1429991319_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Unusual to see you in here BW, but welcome :good:

post-19153-0-50583800-1429992998_thumb.j

^ On the doorstep seems to be convective in nature with some heavier pulses.

Edit: I can't remember the last time we had meaningful rainfall

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1