Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hi, I am Rain123 and this is my first post!  :)    After a wet start, today was quite nice with some lovely cloudscapes and some sunny intervals. However, it feels a bit humid, which I dislike. It was a good day for radar watching, however the storms missed here  :nonono: .

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Rain123 and welcome to Netweather

If you could put your location in your profile, it would help the rest of us to understand which bit of our region you're referring to. Thanks!

Posted

Hi, I am Rain123 and this is my first post!  :)    After a wet start, today was quite nice with some lovely cloudscapes and some sunny intervals. However, it feels a bit humid, which I dislike. It was a good day for radar watching, however the storms missed here  :nonono: .

Hello welcome to the forum :)

We look forward to your future postings.

Regarding today SWly's are never good for Southeast!

Monday night into Tuesday morning appears to be quite interesting any corrections west as illustrated by BW charts and we might get a light display. :)

• Like 1

Hello welcome to the forum :)

We look forward to your future postings.

Regarding today SWly's are never good for Southeast!

Monday night into Tuesday morning appears to be quite interesting any corrections west as illustrated by BW charts and we might get a light display. :)

SW'ly's are never good for anyone actually outside the east/southeast, the heavy rain rain you mention most people in the south will sleep through, it arrives early hours tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Storm approached earlier this afternoon, mostly cloud to cloud lightning a few times, few booming rumbles, exceedingly heavy rain shower. Not much structure as it approached but as it travelled away I caught this panoramic shot of the showers and some instability (correct me if wrong)

post-7276-0-39292300-1430676041_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Hi Rain123 and welcome to Netweather

If you could put your location in your profile, it would help the rest of us to understand which bit of our region you're referring to. Thanks!

Yep - all done.

The wind has suddenly got very gusty here and now with some very light rain. Oh well...

Posted

Quite a pleasant start to the day here, however to my south I see some high level cloud, and to my north a few cumulus convective clouds.  :smile:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent enough start here, of to Colchester zoo for the day.... well until work at 6 :p

Temperatures should reach around 17-19C today.

Some heavy rain tonight and turning very windy as that secondary low moves up and deepens over the UK, gale forces winds possible tomorrow with some heavy thundery showers. In fact the rain overnight could be thundery in the heavier burst with some weak cape on offer.

30-109UK.GIF?04-0

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This morning's model runs have improved the chance of some thundery outbreaks in the East of the Region overnight, with the 'chance' creeping up to 50% at 06.00 Tues morning. Carol on the Beeb this morning said we "may hear a rumble of thunder" (but wasn't specific about where).

Euro4 now putting the heaviest rain over our Region (up to 14mm), although GFS still saying the heaviest rain moves up the country to our West.

GFS Storm Risk 06.00 post-20040-0-24112400-1430730259_thumb.p Euro4 03.00 post-20040-0-15342200-1430730273_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted

This usually comes to nowcasting you being in Dover I envy you! It has been a time since Estofex used that vocabulary we are the region to be in for tonight - well we do not get much snow it's only fair :whistling:

Quite ripe conditions for an MCS to develop it'll veer into Belgium as it usually does we'll see...the far SE no doubt are best placed. All in all exciting times beats chasing after a couple of snow showers.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

This usually comes to nowcasting you being in Dover I envy you! It has been a time since Estofex used that vocabulary we are the region to be in for tonight - well we do not get much snow it's only fair :whistling:

Quite ripe conditions for an MCS to develop it'll veer into Belgium as it usually does we'll see...the far SE no doubt are best placed. All in all exciting times beats chasing after a couple of snow showers.

I would gladly swap with you, do not like thunderstorms anywhere near me lol. I don't mind watching them from a distance though. Beautiful but dangerous things.

Posted

Was trying to dry some clothes before the rain starts later, it just clouded over, it's warm enough may be they will still dry. Or not, radar says there's a few showers about.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Give me snow showers over thunderstorms any day :whistling:  (but NOT in spring) phew.....that should save me from a savaging from Surrey! :laugh: Star wars day! I hope Jar Jar Binks is in the new Star Wars films, he was great :rolleyes:

I would gladly swap with you, do not like thunderstorms anywhere near me lol. I don't mind watching them from a distance though. Beautiful but dangerous things.

Hide in a wardrobe or something until they pass.

It was sunny, but it has clouded over, the temperature is still 19.4c though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

18C reached here, a perfect sunny bank holiday Monday.

That said the cloud is beginning to thicken up now from the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Temperature dropping off here now, 16.6c, from 19.5c at 1:49pm 

Humidity slowly creeping up from 50% now at 63%

Posted

Temp 12.6 now dropped from a high of 13.5, feeling warmer than this though, 87% humidity. Cloudy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Oh god here we go again radar watching for the opposite reasons to u nutters tonight lol ! Hate storms.....

Posted

Was a nice day, but increasing cloud cover with now 100% cloud and some rain  :nonono:

Oh god here we go again radar watching for the opposite reasons to u nutters tonight lol ! Hate storms.....

I dont think their will be a thunder chance until around 0500-0600 this morning. What I do is I go to bed with the curtains open on nights with storms. As a really light sleeper, if there is Thunder & Lightning I wake up and look on netweather radar, and if there is none, then I sleep. 

Posted

Was a nice day, but increasing cloud cover with now 100% cloud and some rain  :nonono:

I dont think their will be a thunder chance until around 0500-0600 this morning. What I do is I go to bed with the curtains open on nights with storms. As a really light sleeper, if there is Thunder & Lightning I wake up and look on netweather radar, and if there is none, then I sleep. 

Oh, it posted twice for some reason. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's raining! i think that will be my lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well there's definitely some rain heading our way! Unfortunately (for those who like a clap of thunder) this afternoon's GFS 12z run lowers the chance of thundery rain considerably. Looking increasingly like an fairly typical band of moderate rain now, with maybe the odd heavy spell.

Radar Mon 19.15 post-20040-0-53127800-1430764738_thumb.j Storm Risk Tues 03.00 post-20040-0-21948300-1430764794_thumb.p

06.00 post-20040-0-19327500-1430764954_thumb.p

Edited by Blessed Weather