Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Today has been very pleasant, and a bit humid. Tomorrow looks grim all day... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got up to a high of 16.2, which it has been since about 4 this afternoon and still is. Shame tomorrow has to spoil it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This afternoon's model output (GFS & Euro4) for tomorrow showing it wet for the south of our Region with up to 15mm of rain. But northern counties, in particular most of Norfolk, may well stay dry.

GFS 15.00 post-20040-0-72289000-1431537161_thumb.p 18.00 post-20040-0-27352200-1431537172_thumb.p 21.00post-20040-0-93648400-1431537184_thumb.p

Euro4 15.00 post-20040-0-83950300-1431537199_thumb.g 18.00 post-20040-0-98843000-1431537206_thumb.g 21.00 post-20040-0-49097900-1431537216_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well 20C was hit quite widely around the London area and the surrounding counties, not bad at all.

Unfortunately it is all down hill from here. Next week looking pretty revolting with persistent ridge in the Atlantic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Didn't even hit 18c here lol.

edit, now under 10c

Edited by Essex Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very warm in a t-shirt, jumper and big coat :wallbash:  even the world famous bedford breeze had dropped. 

Tomorrow hubs has car and it is going to rain.  :angry:

Posted

Well 20C was hit quite widely around the London area and the surrounding counties, not bad at all.

Not sure what happened at the Writtle MetO station today - no 1pm record, 21.5C at 2pm, 20C at 3pm and then way down to 15C at 4pm. Doesn't tie in with other local stations, including mine, which recorded a steady rise to around 20C by late afternoon!

Something similarly weird happened at the Andrewsfield station yesterday - there was a rogue midday value of nearly 20C (which I don't think was right) following a missing record.

Posted

A chilly overnight low of 3C, but a lovely sunny start (at 06.30) with just some high cirrus. Thicker cloud starting to move in by 07.30, but looking at this morning's forecasts on the Beeb, even Suffolk may escape today's rain. (But looking a very miserable day down in the SE corner). Going to feel a bit chilly today with forecast highs of 10C or 11C.

Posted

Nice little feature within the main band developing... 

attachicon.gifincoming.jpg

A squall line, wow. Was that expected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The early spells of sunshine have now been replaced by low level cloud coming in off the sea. Quite a cool start this morning.

Posted

A deeply unpleasant 9.1C here with steady rain. I thought we might miss it based on the radar but it swung around at the last minute and looks like it'll be with us for a few hours yet. Oh joy! Can't decide whether to turn the heating back on - every time I switch it off and change the water heating over to the immersion timer the weather takes a turn to much colder - or light the woodburner. 

Posted

What a miserable day. With the temp only reaching a very disappointing 10.5C here that wind feels really cold . The rain finally arrived around mid-day and it's still raining at 15.00, but nothing like as heavy as to my south (particularly that intense line of heavy rain moving along southern counties).

But it looks as if the rain has now reached its most northerly point and should start to retreat as the front swivels and pulls away.

Radar at 14.15 post-20040-0-89201000-1431612602_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Lawn flooding weather today. I kind of liked it though, for the first time in ages, there was no banging or drilling and I could actually hear myself think. It was 8.7c and the heating had to go on. 9.3c now and still raining. Lucky I got that barbecue in last night and I still have left overs. :D El Nino summers tend to be a soggy mess, especially the first half. Late summer and early autumn months tend to be more settled but on the cool side. After last summers sweatathon, I'll be happy with that. Any chance of it snowing in May, not that I want it to, :ninja:  total waste of time. :cold: I'm just asking? :p

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

What a miserable day.......

But it looks as if the rain has now reached its most northerly point and should start to retreat as the front swivels and pulls away.

Wrong!! The rain trundled north for another hour or so, getting into the south of Norfolk. But finally this evening it's now starting to retreat south and also showing signs of fizzling out. Temperature at 19.00 this evening down to 8.5C. I've just walked home from a pint in my local with a fleece on under my coat and umbrella up and concluded that for mid May, this has been a pretty miserable day! :(

Posted

Nice to have some diversity I quite like these sorts of days cosy feelin'. I do not think we managed double figures today what is quite exceptional considering that on 1st of January I almost hit 16C, absolutely balmy. Let me tell you if we was in winter months it would be a snow bonanza.

Posted

Nice to have some diversity I quite like these sorts of days cosy feelin'. I do not think we managed double figures today what is quite exceptional considering that on 1st of January I almost hit 16C, absolutely balmy. Let me tell you if we was in winter months it would be a snow bonanza.

Totally agree with your point (highlighted in bold) Daniel. Today's synoptic set-up would have been very interesting if it were January. It's frustrating that these patterns seem frequent in the spring (when I personally prefer to see the warm weather arriving) but as rare as hens teeth in the winter when most of us are hoping to see some snow! :nea: Anyway, glad you enjoyed today! :acute:

• Like 2

Posted

Nice little feature within the main band developing... 

attachicon.gifincoming.jpg

That line actually produced funnel clouds and may be a tornado in somerset, Can't tell if it's touching the ground or not because of buildings in the picture. On a private facebook page so can't share the pics here unfortunately. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

That line actually produced funnel clouds and may be a tornado in somerset, Can't tell if it's touching the ground or not because of buildings in the picture. On a private facebook page so can't share the pics here unfortunately.

Was it this one?

@stegrif #tornado over #somerset levels this evening at 18:30 http://t.co/D7iuGP0YPY.

post-15177-0-39595900-1431638665_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Was it this one?

@stegrif #tornado over #somerset levels this evening at 18:30 http://t.co/D7iuGP0YPY.

attachicon.gifTwitter706d83b.jpg

Very similar look so probably, the other one had some building, may be a bridge I think in it. 

Posted

Totally agree with your point (highlighted in bold) Daniel. Today's synoptic set-up would have been very interesting if it were January. It's frustrating that these patterns seem frequent in the spring (when I personally prefer to see the warm weather arriving) but as rare as hens teeth in the winter when most of us are hoping to see some snow! :nea: Anyway, glad you enjoyed today! :acute:

Hi BW, I hope you are well.

Perhaps not enjoyed but embraced :)

No one can play God it's just the way things go. Summer season is taking some time to get going, with the outlook looking decidedly cool which is a pity - still there's a lot of time to utilise. We Brits persevere it's what we're good at.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Gorgeous day! Normal people in the Model thread bashing everything! ITS MAY!!! THE SUN IS GETTING STRONGER AND WARM!!!!

How hard is it for people to work that out? A chart may show a max temp of 12-13 degrees, but you stand in that sun and it feels much much warmer.. 

Divs.

Enjoy your day peeps ! Weekend looks okay to!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Edited by Surrey