Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Top temp here in Benfleet of 21.0c at 4:16pm :D

Pressure has fallen dramatically from 1024mb this morning down to 1017.3mb

• Like 3

Posted

Light showers and wind quickly passed to deliver a lasting beautiful sunset here in MK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Still looking like a spell of squally, heavy rain for tomorrow. Euro4 saying we could see around 14mm (just over 1/2 inch) of rain, most of which will be in a narrow band coming through in the early afternoon. The CAPE & Lifted Index chart showing a -1 at mid-afternoon, so "slightly unstable atmosphere" and a small chance of a rumble of thunder. 

Euro4 post-20040-0-25338700-1432797489_thumb.g GFS post-20040-0-22488600-1432797499_thumb.p MetO post-20040-0-81670000-1432797543_thumb.j CAPE/LI post-20040-0-36477800-1432797556_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A decent enough day with sunny spells again. The temperature has reached 17C.

• Like 1

Posted

So-so day, but a nice evening and sunset. :)

post-20040-0-67420200-1432844350_thumb.j

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted

So-so day, but a nice evening and sunset. :)

attachicon.gifSunset2 28May15.jpg

Nice photo Blessed Weather :)

Not been paying great attention to the models but next week a shift is evident it seems it'll turn increasingly warmer and hence more humid might hit mid 20's in prone locations, which is definitely a sure sign Summer is 'alive'. It does appear that May 2015 has been characterised as an average month quite sunny in fact with not a great deal of rainfall, with circa 3 days sneaking above 20C. Night folks :lazy::)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the comment Daniel. :smile: Yes, it's looking like a very welcome change to much warmer weather in a week's time. I'm sure we've all been watching the forecast position of the High Pressure with interest. ECM and GFS are finally agreeing it will be to our NE, with Low Pressure to our south and a warm feed off the continent. Could be ripe for some thundery weather to move up from the south!

Well I've been banging on about this Friday and now it's finally arrived we'll soon see whether there's anything of interest for our Region. I have to say that for some this could be a non-event, for others a soaking. The front is very fragmented with heavier pulses coming and going. The Rainfall Radar for 07.15 and 08.15 this morning show a heavier pulse with a possible squall line forming over Wales. Euro4 for mid-day showing a very heavy pulse just off the North Sea coast. Unusual to see a deep purple on the Euro4 - that's heavy!

Radar 07.15  post-20040-0-99965800-1432886539_thumb.p 08.15  post-20040-0-63591900-1432886555_thumb.p

Euro4 12.00  post-20040-0-72850200-1432886605_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Bright star here, it won't last long though by the looks of it.

The ECM operational is a corker this morning, lets hope it is on the money and we could see an extended spell of very warm or even hot weather.

Thanks for the comment Daniel. :smile: Yes, it's looking like a very welcome change to much warmer weather in a week's time. I'm sure we've all been watching the forecast position of the High Pressure with interest. ECM and GFS are finally agreeing it will be to our NE, with Low Pressure to our south and a warm feed off the continent. Could be ripe for some thundery weather to move up from the south!

Well I've been banging on about this Friday and now it's finally arrived we'll soon see whether there's anything of interest for our Region. I have to say that for some this could be a non-event, for others a soaking. The front is very fragmented with heavier pulses coming and going. The Rainfall Radar for 07.15 and 08.15 this morning show a heavier pulse with a possible squall line forming over Wales. Euro4 for mid-day showing a very heavy pulse just off the North Sea coast. Unusual to see a deep purple on the Euro4 - that's heavy!

Radar 07.15  attachicon.gifRainfall Radar 07.15.png 08.15  attachicon.gifRainfall Radar 08.15.png

Euro4 12.00  attachicon.gifEuro4 29May 12.00.jpg

Dont look fragmented now.. 

post-12648-0-09842300-1432889077_thumb.j

What a beast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Just boarding a flight headed straight into that squall, hopefully won't be too turbulent!

Rain just starting now at Heathrow after an ok morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just boarding a flight headed straight into that squall, hopefully won't be too turbulent!

Rain just starting now at Heathrow after an ok morning

Hope you haven't had a big breakfast :bad: I like cool, wet, windy, stormy days during the summer.  Better than those humid days and nights. We haven't had any of that horrible humidity yet, but I'm sure it will arrive next month. 12.9c, spots of rain just starting here. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

A weather warning out for the region with respect to the approaching squall line

A narrow band of heavy rain will be accompanied by squally winds as it moves east across southern and southeastern parts of England over the next few hours. Gusts of 50-60 mph are possible in places.

The public are advised to take extra care due to the localised squally winds and heavy rain. 

An active cold front will move quickly east across England today, bringing a short spell of heavy rain and squally winds to more southern and southeastern parts of England.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Areas to the SW of London look like they should be getting the full effect of the squall line. Anyone able to report? Surrey?

Looks like we'll get a glancing blow down here in the far SE corner. Had a couple of gusts so far, though it's still dry.

Areas to the SW of London look like they should be getting the full effect of the squall line. Anyone able to report? Surrey?

Looks like we'll get a glancing blow down here in the far SE corner. Had a couple of gusts so far, though it's still dry.

About as good as turning the leaf blower on and standing at the end of the garden.. Some heavy rain for 5 minutes but non event here.. Kent looks like it will get slammed 

STRIKES SOUTH LONDON!!

• Like 2

Posted

Just steady rain here and an occasionally strong breeze. South London and the home counties look to have fared well though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Chucking it down. Need to go out. I think I'll wait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Good to get a bit of rain, though again it's horridly cold at 12C, nasty.

Posted

Location, location, location! And, yet again, my location was not the right one! I'm sure these squall lines have an aversion to Suffolk and a gap opens up! :unknw:

Looks interesting for counties bordering the south coast though. Radar at 13.30: post-20040-0-04947500-1432904820_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hi everyone, I am visiting relatives in New Milton on the coast, near Lymington, so I have been on the South West forum today as I think that is more appropriate. It was chucking it down, very heavy indeed. Not much wind during the rain but felt cold. 

I must say though, it was nothing of particulate note though. I was certainly disappointed with the lack of T&L...

Posted

As Luke said, all a bit of an anti-climax really. Steady rain here just inland from the South coast at Hastings with more to come from the west to east strip, but nothing very exciting to show for it so far. A distinctly autumnal 9.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

stun12's profile picture dog looks strangely familiar on this thread...

What happened to Lassie's dog?

Posted

Got caught in a torrential rain and hail shower about half an hour ago which managed to wash my car :p

Certainly more interesting than the frontal band.

• Like 1

Posted

stun12's profile picture dog looks strangely familiar on this thread...

What happened to Lassie's dog?

Jupiter, bless his cotton socks. Taken during a rather better winter than we've had for the past two years. 

Lassie's new geographical position has him in Burger King. No need to jump to conclusions, hopefully.

• Like 1

Posted

What a beauty of a run from GFS 12z approaching 86 degrees Fahrenheit along with the incredible CAPE values I'm sure it would be a conducive environment for supercell(s).

post-19153-0-25002100-1432928005_thumb.jpost-19153-0-97963500-1432928023_thumb.j

• Like 3