Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

It feels like it has been October since October.

I am looking forward to Friday and the forecast (will be in East London rather than bland in MK).

Storm or two please.

Posted

Shhh don't tell him it's updated and look  :spiteful:

gfs_kili_eur72.png

gfs_icape_eur72.png

gfs_mucape_eur72.png

Tasty :)

The storm thread has a grumpy tone resonating by those too far west no problemo for this region.

Tasty :)

The storm thread has a grumpy tone resonating by those too far west no problemo for this region.

I was just about to come in here and comment the same.. Let them sulk! Looks world class for us still Whole of the Region from Reading to Kent looks fine currently.. High res models come into play properly tomorrow then we will begin to see what we are in for IF anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The models still just showing some very warm weather in this region (GFS goes for 27C).

Beyond that, conditions just look like a drier version of May with heights to the west, if the winds remain west of north then conditions should be okay.

As for today, well its damp and windy.

Yesterday meridian forecast said, it will be very warm unless showers develop which will keep the temps down, may be that the reason for the cooler temps.

Been pretty windy here today, rained on and off, only very light stuff mostly, barely even wetting the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

sunny here, but the wind has really got up, almost pushed lil one over on the way home, much stronger than it was this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another vile day, sun has recently appeared and it's much warmer than yesterday at 18C (whoop de do!) but the howling wind is still screaming by, yawn. Friday still looks interesting IMHO....

Posted

Everyone in storm thread has gone into melt down.. Well everyone apart from the people in here ;)

what  happening  Friday talk of storms  !!!  we see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Now I don't want to be overly critical, but when I sit and watch a BBC Look East weather forecast in the morning that has NO rain in their forecast for Friday and a high of 20C and I look at the publicly available Model output and think to myself "they're wrong", and then in the evening I sit and watch the Look East forecast which has now got RAIN and THUNDERSTORMS and a high of 23C, I'm not very impressed to be honest. :unknw:

This morning: post-20040-0-20594900-1433269881_thumb.j This evening: post-20040-0-25305400-1433269908_thumb.j

And thunderstorms too: post-20040-0-02547400-1433270005_thumb.j

For the record, it was a very windy afternoon. The gusts for EA: post-20040-0-48842900-1433270085_thumb.j

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

There's no way I'd get over excited by storm potential 2 to 3 days out. Yes, there's obviously potential, but we know how things can go astray - there have been many times that storms have ended up tracking further west than expected, leaving our area in warm humid weather, which has transitioned to cooler and fresher, with hardly more than a layer of cloud at the boundary.

Definitely to bear in mind, but not to 'hang a hat on' yet.  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Today has been a day of two halves, cloudy, wet and windy until around 1200 and then cloudy with some sunny spells from around 1201 ;) . I know this is mainly for the storm and convective thread, but what is happening with the plume on Friday? 

Posted

Well both meridian and BBC SE still have storms for Friday, BBC SE showed a graphic of a cold front moving over with storms building in front of it and then lining up on it. May be we could be in for a proper squall if it does pan out like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the weather turned out okay in the end with some sunny spells. A maximum of a near average 19C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A rather cloudy start today.

Friday still holds a chance

66-582UK.GIF?03-0

Temperatures look decent, perhaps 25-28C with some decent instability, though I suspect we will be watching developments in the Biscay region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful start to the day with plenty of blue sky and 14.3C. Still breezy but hopefully that will ease as the day progresses.

Slight improvement on the overnight GFS run, with the +15C 850 isotherm making it into our patch. So hopefully (for those of us who enjoy such days) warm, humid, and thundery. :good:

post-20040-0-94640000-1433315505_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nicer day here with sunny spells but that annoying wind is howling away again, when will it finally go away?!

Looking forward to warmer conditions tomorrow and Fri, could see some decent storms if we're lucky and there aren't any late downgrades...

Posted

Been a nice sunny day today with some small patches of cloud. Still windy but much less than yesterday, more like the normal background wind for here.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely evening, feels actually quite warm at 19C now the vile wind has FINALLY abated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Gone from blowing the window wide open to not a breathe, typical when i like a nice breeze at bed time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

A better day here today. Light winds, bright sun when I left for work at 7am this morning, and still sunny when I returned 12 hours later.

Posted

Well the sun came out at times today, especially later on, an average high of 19C.

Let the warm up commence.