Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

One hours nice steady rain.

Very good rain for the garden....

Plus an hour ish of drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Rain here now, after a cloudy (and drizzly) afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Just had about half an hour of warm, moderately heavy summer rain. You could almost hear the parched earth drinking it up, saying 'more, more'!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been raining for about an hour now, big convective drops but nothing else.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Still one last storm going; currently south of Oxford and heading towards Reading. Will members in Surrey get to see a flash or two?? (No crude comments please :crazy: )

I think it will die out before reaching Sussex though. Lightning strikes/hour down to 6/hour now.  :(

Never mind; not a bad effort!! :)

Lightning 19.15 post-20040-0-92041400-1434825847_thumb.j Rainfall 19.00 post-20040-0-24902900-1434825434_thumb.j

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Crap pic but definitely convection here with some angry looking towers going up...

post-18410-0-35699600-1434826247_thumb.j

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Rain gone through now, got blue sky sun and signs of convection around.

Posted

Crap pic but definitely convection here with some angry looking towers going up...

Hi stainesbloke. You seem to have lost your profile pic?? I tried to change my pic a few weeks back and ended up with nothing. There's a glitch with the Profile Editing software at the moment, so when you try to upload a new image, it fails. The Netweather support guys hope the next issue of the IP.Board software will fix the problem. I asked nicely and the guys kindly re-instated my profile pic.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice end to the day even if the interesting clouds passed by instead of over.

post-20787-0-17739000-1434831359_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

The sunset morphed into this before the cloud took over.

post-20787-0-11308700-1434832094_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Hi stainesbloke. You seem to have lost your profile pic?? I tried to change my pic a few weeks back and ended up with nothing. There's a glitch with the Profile Editing software at the moment, so when you try to upload a new image, it fails. The Netweather support guys hope the next issue of the IP.Board software will fix the problem. I asked nicely and the guys kindly re-instated my profile pic.

I was going to change my profile picture so I removed it began uploading as you do in doing so I now have nothing it just spins about and it is not processed I thought I was alone I think I will just ride the storm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was going to change my profile picture so I removed it began uploading as you do in doing so I now have nothing it just spins about and it is not processed I thought I was alone I think I will just ride the storm :)

Same here, Daniel.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Daniel. I think there may be lots of Members with blank profile pics at the mo. It's a little disappointing that the Netweather Team haven't sent out some sort of 'all-members' communication telling everyone to hold fire from trying to change their pic until the problem's been resolved. 

Anyway, grumble over and back to storm watching. And the surprise of the day has got to be this late storm that's rumbling away in the area of the Wash with the strike rate/hour up to 16. Quite surprising!!

Lightning Detector 22.00 post-20040-0-32605400-1434834990_thumb.j Rainfall 22.00 post-20040-0-57303400-1434835033_thumb.j

EDIT: And obviously Ed Stone caught out too with a blank profile pic!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm stuck with a Vim avatar. :pardon: Not had any weather IMBY for a while now. :D

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Got a few rumbles of thunder this afternoon whilst at work before the rain cleared. A very humid night with fog forming in places which is a first for a long time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Impressive distant lightning show going on over Norfolk. Bright blue flashes every 20 seconds!

Posted

I'm stuck with Vim. :pardon: Not had any weather IMBY for a while now. :D

Haha all this lack of weather - I wonder whether we will see the weather...ever again? I was faintly optimistic for today but as soon as I uncurled from my burrow and had a peek outside it was a bust.

It is humid for sure I have the fan on providing some relief.

(DP: 15.9C and temp: 16.9C)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There is the risk of showers on most days this week, though they will be hit and miss. Temperatures look to be on the up though so starting a little cool on Monday but recovering by Tuesday onwards with 80F not out of the question by Friday in any decent sunny periods.

Posted

If anyone is on Twitter @extremekiter has posted a good clip of Norfolk lightning from last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

If anyone is on Twitter @extremekiter has posted a good clip of Norfolk lightning from last night.

Indeed, very impressed and stunned at the relentlessness of that storm. Was flashing away well on past 1am when I went to bed. Never would've foreseen this happening a day or so ago!

Funny how weather can surprise us sometimes!

Posted

The longest day and at 06.30 this morning I rather optimistically started to think it just might turn out OK. Low cloud was breaking nicely and the sun was making an appearance. But it's clouded over again now and fairly breezy. Cloud cover satellite suggesting it will be a "enjoy the odd break" day for here. Temp currently 16.7C.

• Like 1

Posted

The sun is out here, though it is quite cloudy so this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Another grey, dreary morning, cloudy but dry, quite windy and 15C currently. It's warmer in friggin' Oslo at the moment! Sad, really. Hopefully the sun can burn through this vile muck soon.

Edit: Mere seconds after moaning, the sky has dramatically cleared! Bit like lighting a ciggie at a bus stop lol.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very muggy up here, and mostly cloudy.

Posted

So the bbc forecast high for today was 18C.

Reached that at 10am, it shows again how poor the Euro4 model is at forecasting cloud amounts, way too pessimistic.

Edited by Captain shortwave