Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Thats not going to last though.

Seems like we are 5c warmer than most other places, and thats coming our way.

The cooler weather that is.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Oh goody, 12C and drizzle on a Sunday in June, just what I wanted! Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Suns out here now and temp climbing 16 so far, still humid though, was in the 90's earlier but now 81%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well its crept up to 18c in the cloud.

However the wind is increasing now from almost nothing to a nice breeze, that will make it cooler.

Inland counties still showing 13/14c.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another gloomy day here, again it seems the nice weather arrives tomorrow and lasts throughout the working week with 25C possible widely by Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I tried my hand at a time lapse, it's not great :p

I think I'll have a stream live to my site and record at the same time, making time lapses on 'interesting' days :)

Need to move my cam first, and also, during the night when IR switches in, I get an odd annoying halo appearing in the sky, not sure whether to turn IR off or on yet, because sometimes when the recordings switch from one to the next, it flips, making the time lapse look odd :p

Anyway

Uhh how do I link to a Youtube vid? lol

Edited by Essex Easterly
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think I'll have a stream live to my site and record at the same time, making time lapses on 'interesting' days :)

Need to move my cam first, and also, during the night when IR switches in, I get an odd annoying halo appearing in the sky, not sure whether to turn IR off or on yet, because sometimes when the recordings switch from one to the next, it flips, making the time lapse look odd :p

Anyway

I'm not sure. But I did watch all 0.00 minutes of it! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Anyway

Interesting time lapse of darkness, liked the ending. :D I am glad the hot humid weather has gone. Can shut my windows now. I had a close encounter with a burglar trying to break into my house, last night. :( Shut your windows at night folks! Here's to a cool summer. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Interesting time lapse of darkness, liked the ending. :D I am glad the hot humid weather has gone. Can shut my windows now. I had a close encounter with a burglar trying to break into my house, last night. :( Shut your windows at night folks! Here's to a cool summer. :drinks:

Maybe it's time to move? Someone trying to climb in through my window or trying to break in would seriously freak me out lol...where do you live??

A very depressing weekend weather wise, chilly, gloomy and drizzly. Have had much better weather in October. Yuck.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Maybe it's time to move? Someone trying to climb in through my window or trying to break in would seriously freak me out lol...where do you live??

A very depressing weekend weather wise, chilly, gloomy and drizzly. Have had much better weather in October. Yuck.

Northwest London. One of the safer parts of London :rofl: and yes, it did freak me out. Had drizzle here all day too.

Posted

Northwest London. One of the safer parts of London :rofl: and yes, it did freak me out. Had drizzle here all day too.

Well as long as you are ok? This has happened to you before hasn't it? Any way you could move somewhere a bit safer? Though I suppose stuff like that could happen anywhere nowadays. Hope you're not too traumatised by it.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Well as long as you are ok? This has happened to you before hasn't it? Any way you could move somewhere a bit safer?

Happens every summer and sometimes in the winter. Is Staines safer? Would have to move somewhere with no humans. :D  Thankfully the temps are falling and it feels almost cold out.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yet another disappointing day in west London, cool, overcast and dull all day.

The coming week not looking all that bad but still dominated by westerlies/NW'erlies with the jet stream either overhead or to our south throughout. The month is already looking like a write off for getting a warm settled spell of weather

Edited by Harps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Anyway

Obviously nothing dramatic happened, but your work was a good effort, IMO. :)

Posted

Happens every summer and sometimes in the winter. Is Staines safer? Thankfully the temps are falling and it feels almost cold out.

Whereabouts are you in NW London? Yes, Staines feels really safe, not a lot of crime here at all. Lived in Slough once....that was very different! Burglaries, murders, drug dealers, prostitution......all down my street! Had to get outta there.

Hate hate hate this cold gloomy vileness, it's so depressing for June!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Whereabouts are you in NW London? Yes, Staines feels really safe, not a lot of crime here at all. Lived in Slough once....that was very different! Burglaries, murders, drug dealers, prostitution......all down my street! Had to get outta there.

Hate hate hate this cold gloomy vileness, it's so depressing for June!

Harrow. I have heard about Slough, it sounds like Edmonton, a complete dangerous, onion/hell hole. My area is no way near as bad as Slough, you must be glad to be out of there. Did you get burgled?  Crime is coming down in the UK BTW :rofl:  The outlook for the rest of the week is for sun and getting warmer too.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Harrow. I have heard about Slough, it sounds like Edmonton, a complete dangerous, onion/hell hole. My area is no way near as bad as Slough, you must be glad to be out of there. Did you get burgled?  Crime is coming down in the UK BTW :rofl:  The outlook for the rest of the week is for sun and getting warmer too.

Do you know Shakespeare Drive? That's where my mother and grandparents used to live.

Posted

I thought Harrow was posh? Have a mate living in Ruislip, that seems quite nice.

Slough is so rough, my car got broken into a few times, so did friends cars. My neighbour had his number plates stolen and hubcaps, another neighbour had a full break-in. There was a guy axed to death in the next street one night (I'm not kidding) and a drive-by shooting in my road!! When someone was caught wheeling a dead body around the local park in a wheelbarrow, I knew it was time to get out!

Week ahead does look a bit warmer but with all those fronts I doubt we'll see much sun.

Posted

I thought Harrow was posh? Have a mate living in Ruislip, that seems quite nice.

Slough is so rough, my car got broken into a few times, so did friends cars. My neighbour had his number plates stolen and hubcaps, another neighbour had a full break-in. There was a guy axed to death in the next street one night (I'm not kidding) and a drive-by shooting in my road!! When someone was caught wheeling a dead body around the local park in a wheelbarrow, I knew it was time to get out!

Week ahead does look a bit warmer but with all those fronts I doubt we'll see much sun.

Oh dear, sounds like Eastenders on steroids :laugh:

I second it has been a poor weekend - the day started quite bright but this receded.

Not cool I'd say pleasant 18.7C the max of today despite the Autumnal feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Given a westerly flow then fronts shouldn't be too bothersome as they will likely fizzle and any cloud will likely be high level and as such allow sunshine through at times. Temperatures should hit 20C or more somewhere in this region each day this week which is progress compared to the summer so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Ruislip is nice but there are more crap parts of Harrow than posh parts. Slough sounds like the setting for Robo Cop, but worse. How subtle, wheeling a dead body around, were they looking for somewhere suitable to dump it? :unknw: Jeeze an axing and a drive by :shok: , we are supposed to be a civilized society :nonono: I am not surprised that you bolted. Might have to move to the Kent country side.

Do you know Shakespeare Drive? That's where my mother and grandparents used to live.

Yes I know that street well.

It is actually cold tonight, might stick the heating on. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Fixed my timelapse :)

Well done EE. Could I trouble you to say how you did it? I tried to post a Youtube video of a blizzard I experienced in the French Alps last winter and couldn't get it to work. Ended up just posting the link. Cheers. (PM me if you prefer).

Well that was a weekend to forget. As CS says above, hopefully the Region will do well for temps all week, not just Weds. And with a reasonable amount of sunshine during the week, we should all feel a little more cheerful. :)

Posted

It was dull to start here, but now it is more cloudy but bright as the high cloud begins to clear, though there is some cumulus developing too, the coolest day of the week as winds blow from the east or north east (albeit light).

So this week;

Today - Looks set fair though there will be a lot of cloud around at times especially at first and around mid-afternoon.

Temperatures

post-17424-0-90458300-1434354949_thumb.p

16-19C (Maybe 20C in more sheltered spots)

Tuesday - Another mostly dry day, again cloud could be an issue as a weak warm front pushes through, though I suspect most places should keep some good sunny spells.

Temperatures

post-17424-0-92089200-1434354952_thumb.p

19-23C

Wednesday - Probably the best day of the week with long sunny periods, though cloud and patchy rain could threaten the north of the region later on.

Temperatures

post-17424-0-38373900-1434354954_thumb.p

23-25C

Thursday - Early cloud should clear the south to leave a bright but slightly cooler day with sunny spells

Temperatures

post-17424-0-35027400-1434354951_thumb.p

20-23C

Friday - This is where uncertainty begins to develop, we have a shortwave feature running along the Azores ridge in which the speed and track could still change dramatically, at the moment Friday does look fine and dry with good sunny spells, though a spell of rain is likely after dark.

Temperatures

post-17424-0-49350700-1434354948_thumb.p

Warm again at 22-25C

So overall a decent week with temperatures coming out a little above normal, rainfall well below normal and sunshine amounts being the largest level of uncertainty due to convective cloud amounts and the amount that could get trapped under frontal systems.

Enjoy

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning Cap. Lovely up here. Now the weekend is over.