Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Skies seem to brightening up now. Still very humid though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Rumble in the jungle to my north :)

Getting very dark and eari :)

Like this: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Skies seem to brightening up now. Still very humid though!

Just got back from the station. it was too warm for a coat but rather wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Lovely evening until 20 minutes ago, light rain now and gotten darker and cooler. Shame, was just after cracking open a beer to sit back in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Blue sky now and very 'rain forest' like.....mist,rising from the ground.  Valley looks amazing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

LoL!!!! Based on model output over the last couple of days (and the High Res models in the last 24 hours) my posts have been suggesting that Suffolk and Norfolk were likely to miss out on the storms, with the best of the action over to the west of our Region. And.... yep, you've guessed.....  the ONLY lightning activity on the Lightning Radar at 20.15 was around Ipswich!! The lightning to the south of London was an hour ago.  :rofl: What can you say!! The fickle nature of weather strikes again (possibly the only strike of the night for some!!). :acute:

Lightning 20.15 post-20040-0-36553100-1434138722_thumb.j

EDIT: In hindsight, some credit to this morning's NMM for at least picking up the eastward shift of instability towards our Region and its general lowering of CAPE/LI potential. But all in all, a very disappointing day. Even the Met Office predictions (humdingers anyone?) were clearly a little wide of the mark.   :(

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 2

Posted

Blue sky now and very 'rain forest' like.....mist,rising from the ground.  Valley looks amazing!

:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

LoL!!!! Based on model output over the last couple of days (and the High Res models in the last 24 hours) my posts have been suggesting that Suffolk and Norfolk were likely to miss out on the storms, with the best of the action over to the west of our Region. And.... yep, you've guessed.....  the ONLY lightning activity on the Lightning Radar at 20.15 was around Ipswich!! The lightning to the south of London was an hour ago.  :rofl: What can you say!! The fickle nature of weather strikes again (possibly the only strike of the night for some!!). :acute:

Lightning 20.15 attachicon.gifLightning Radar 20.15.jpg

Brilliant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think that 'bugger all' sums it all up nicely? :D

• Like 1

Posted

I've thrown in the towel it seems evident all plumes thus far have been 24 hour episodes this is the issue. Really disappointed considering all the hype surrounding today but 9 times out of 10 it goes up in smoke.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just did a mini storm chase to follow the storm that has just crossed Suffolk. Followed it up the A140, only 1 or 2 strikes a minute but there were some beautiful forks and very deep and loud booms. Some flooding also on the A140 in places. It's certainly dampened the ground down nicely!

Currently 16.1C here.

• Like 3

Posted

I've thrown in the towel it seems evident all plumes thus far have been 24 hour episodes this is the issue. Really disappointed considering all the hype surrounding today but 9 times out of 10 it goes up in smoke.

That's the thing though. Have no expectations and you won't be disappointed - just look at the normal parameters of the Estofex charts...

I saw nothing today. but was glad that East Anglia saw developing storms. :) I'm happy enough.

Posted

Thunder and lightning in the distance now, no rain though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That's the thing though. Have no expectations and you won't be disappointed - just look at the normal parameters of the Estofex charts...

I saw nothing today. but was glad that East Anglia saw developing storms. :) I'm happy enough.

Cheers for the earlier comment Steve. And suffolkboy, thanks for the 'on-the-ground' report! The thunderstorm you chased keeps trundling north; now into Norfolk. And the latest Lightning Radar at 21.15 shows a storm has moved into West Sussex.

post-20040-0-60134100-1434142600_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Cheers for the earlier comment Steve. And suffolkboy, thanks for the 'on-the-ground' report! The thunderstorm you chased keeps trundling north; now into Norfolk. And the latest Lightning Radar at 21.15 shows a storm has moved into West Sussex.

attachicon.gifLightning 21.30.jpg

The storm is just south of us at the moment, I'd say Horsham area must be in the firing line. Distant rumbles and flashes

Posted

attachicon.gifLightning 21.30.jpg

I like the way the storms have been best over East Anglia (or hopefully so far :unsure2: ). Their capricious nature is great IMHO.

• Like 1

Posted

Not a drop of rain let alone a rumble of thunder.

Like chasing snow this.

We're always stuck in no man's land it is either a fraction of a degree too warm for snow or we have freezing conditions but we have a fat HP cell sitting over us doing sod all. One day plumes, bog standard rain showers, supposed to be storms of cataclysmic proportions - It is getting tiresome. I think we just all should accept the UK has a mundane climate, even I can get dillusioned by those bright colours, let's be honest we're never going to compete with southern states. 'Always the Optimist' :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Just had another rumble of thunder right now over ashford