Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Certainly is an incredible chart, especially this towards the end of the run...

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Seeing the 20*C 850 hPa temperatures get drawn over the UK is just incredible. Would probably lead to some thunderpocolyptic weather should a chart like that verify.

Considering this Summer's not been too brilliant for warmth so far (although you guys in the South-East will have probably been fairing a bit better), having an outcome like the GEM come off would be a delight.

Also, hope both yours and Harps's new jobs today go well!

Stunning charts! We can but live in hope. People moan about heat but i love it plus it makes massive storms more likely. Win win lol, though am not getting hopes up just yet. Heat has been showing up post 120 hours in FI for weeks now and hasn't materialised at all, so we have quite a long way to go.

Meanwhile, it's a beautiful damp 13C out there, so refreshing lol....bring that heat in ASAP!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I can just about tolerate heat on the occasion it brings decent storms. But on the whole it's just debilitating and unpleasant for me.

But meanwhile, the rest of this week looks rather pleasant!

Posted

I'm not so sure about a delight? More like a hidrance.

I see the GEM to be a viable outcome if we like it or not I think the SE is guaranteed a short blast at the very least nearing low 30's. If the beefy plume sustained for a couple of days records would be under threat and we would be heading close to mid to high 30's and the record set in Faversham, Kent 2003 would be having a knock presumably.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Probably saying delight was a slight exaggeration to be honest, but admittedly still wouldn't mind seeing a hot and thundery plume, especially if it just about lasted long enough to bring possibilities of record-breaking temperatures before any storms break out (though understand it's not everyone's cup of tea). I think if it was boiling hot every day that would get too much, plus it would make many sleeps at nighttime tricky - particularly if the heat constantly occured with very high humidity.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

We had a short period of intense rain after the long drawn-out affair, now just passed. Should have dampened the garden nicely and washed the roads for motorcycling, my new hobby after 30 years away from them. I'm happy for the sunny stuff to arrive now. Please.

MetO has cloudy conditions for the rest of the week - I was interested to see a poster above suggesting that a model that it uses doesn't do very well on cloud cover. The other various forecasting apps are suggesting a much sunnier outlook for the SE. I don't want to get into MetO-bashing, but it does seem that weekends which they have forecast gloomy conditions for have actually turned out pretty sunny and warm. I feel sorry for tourist businesses who are either preparing poorly based on the information or are seeing customer numbers down as potential visitors mistakenly stay at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Thanks Blessed Weather, I thought I'd done something wrong, was trying to upload another pic but wasn't having any of it. Did they tell you when the problem would be fixed?

Unfortunately not. I think we'll have to leave it a few weeks and then pop into the Help thread and ask the question.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some pretty viscous showers over this part of the world today, torrential rain and squally winds at times. Certainly not summer like, at least thee has been some decent convection as opposed to the usual stratus-fests these north westerly winds have tended to produce this year.

Posted

OK then, it's one last day of the horribly cool NW'ly wind and then we're into a much warmer W/SW flow. Hurrah! :yahoo:

Really cool start here at 11C and it's dull and grey. I'm working outside all of today so I'm taking a warm fleece. Hopefully the sun will break through and I can take the thing off. After all, it is the 23rd JUNE!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another dreary morning with depressingly grey skies and chilly, currently just 16C. Though the clouds look like they are starting to break up and at least the howling wind has gone, hope for the afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's a right stinker...it could even be in-line for The Crappiest Day of The Month comp!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yep same story in London, yet another cloudy day in what to my perception at least has been a very cloudy and breezy month.

Hasn't been the worst month ever but disappointing that it's nearly July and I'm still in a fleece every morning

• Like 1

Posted

Well it has brightened up a bit with a few sunny breaks but still cool at 19C. Would be nice just to get average temps lol!

Posted

Still pretty dire over here... :lazy:  :lazy:  :lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Not too bad a day here. Mostly cloudy, yes, but it feels pleasant enough out.

• Like 1

Posted

Well it has brightened up a bit with a few sunny breaks but still cool at 19C. Would be nice just to get average temps lol!

Bang on average for your location I'd imagine. I just managed 20C I think this is the average for London in late June a relatively nice day it started quite cool as like previous days but it does warm up quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A pretty poor day to be honest with a lot of low cloud which has struggled to break up, though there was some sunny spells around. 18C the high.

Posted

It's a right stinker...it could even be in-line for The Crappiest Day of The Month comp!

Nicely summed up. Today get's my vote. Been working in Offton, near Ipswich, and it's been grey and cold all day with a stiff breeze. The fleece didn't come off. A look at the cloud cover satellite shows the problem. East Anglia has been stuck under that cloud. :angry:

post-20040-0-49714800-1435080886_thumb.j

And as I write, the sun has finally appeared - oh well, better late than never. Anyway, I'm indoors now, thawing out with the help of a large glass of red! :D

• Like 2

Posted

Bang on average for your location I'd imagine. I just managed 20C I think this is the average for London in late June a relatively nice day it started quite cool as like previous days but it does warm up quickly.

19C is below average actually for my location, where temps should be 21-22C by now (am 3 miles from Heathrow). Central London's average max is 21C so another below average day. Not by much admittedly but every degree helps! At least the wind has gone for now, am grateful for that.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been another very pleasant day to work in outside.Was mainly cloudy till about 1sh but the sun came out more and more as the afternoon went on and was another nice evening. More of this weather for next 3 months will do me just fine :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Another hot day in prospect for the sizzling south :D Could reach 25c today IMBY. :D Hm Van Den Drool (or whatever his name is) has looked at the weather analogues and is going for a mild, unsettled October, November and December. Then an easterly dominated second half of the winter. :cold: What about the rest of summer? :cc_confused: Did anybody see the Aurora Borealis? We had a 2% chance of seeing it.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Looking soooo much better for EA today. Already up to 15C at 08.00, which was yesterday's high! Lots of hazy sunshine around at the moment. And both Carol and the local beeb forecast have promised 22C today!  8)  

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Tomorrow turned out quite nice in the end here in west London, cleared up nicely in the afternoon. Another dull grey morning today but the clearance should be arriving soon looking at the sat so hopefully a nice warm sunny day in prospect.

Posted

Tomorrow turned out quite nice in the end here in west London, cleared up nicely in the afternoon. Another dull grey morning today but the clearance should be arriving soon looking at the sat so hopefully a nice warm sunny day in prospect.

How's yesterday going to pan out, Harps? :D

• Like 1

Posted

A warm one 22.7*C wonder if it will hit the magical 77 degrees Fahrenheit quite possible.

Post 1,999 these posts fly past time well spent :D