Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As the old song goes: what a difference a day makes? :) It's bootiful!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A much better day here with decent sunny spells, a moderate breeze from the SW and reasonably warm with 23C the high so far.

• Like 1

Posted

What a beauty of a forecast for overnight:

post-19153-0-38976800-1435160948_thumb.j

Praying for clear skies - however being in London the light pollution is quite bad out in the sticks is a favourable place to be there's a reasonable chance as far south as northern France of catching the elusive aura borealis all due to the Sun being quite rampant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good spells of hazy sunshine for most of the day and a high of 24C. Sweet :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a beauty of a forecast for overnight:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Praying for clear skies - however being in London the light pollution is quite bad out in the sticks is a favourable place to be there's a reasonable chance as far south as northern France of catching the elusive aura borealis all due to the Sun being quite rampant.

I think I picked the wrong night to stay up looking for the borry (last night) :oops:  No wonder I saw jack onions instead! :doh: Reached 24.3c today, with yet more sun, been sunny most of June. :drinks:  *hides from Stainesbloke* :ninja:

• Like 2

Posted

I think I picked the wrong night to stay up looking for the borry (last night) :oops:  No wonder I saw jack onions instead! :doh: Reached 24.3c today, with yet more sun, been sunny most of June. :drinks:  *hides from Stainesbloke* :ninja:

Bit warmer here 24.8*C the warmest spot in the country again.

June has been a glorious month I have no complaints,

July could be spicy hot ooops...there I've cursed it :help::drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still some disagreements regarding the rest of this week, mainly the pessimistic UKmet models predicting temperatures of just 20/21C whilst the GFS has highs of 23C tomorrow and 26C on Friday. The NMM model is a degree or so higher on both days. Of course it wil come down to the amount of sunshine we get but I wouldn't be surprised to see some very warm conditions in parts.

Tomorrows highs

nmmuk-0-27-0.png?24-19

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

How's yesterday going to pan out, Harps? :D

Hah not quite sure how I managed to do that!

Back to the present and its been another pleasant but forgettable day in west London today, sunny spells through the afternoon but a lot of cloud again.

Models this evening are at long last hinting at a pattern change with more interesting weather in the offering. They'll probably revert to further nw'erlies by tomorrow but some spectacular charts on tonight's ECMWF in particular with 20C 850hPa temps across the whole country

• Like 2

Posted

Hah not quite sure how I managed to do that!

Back to the present and its been another pleasant but forgettable day in west London today, sunny spells through the afternoon but a lot of cloud again.

Models this evening are at long last hinting at a pattern change with more interesting weather in the offering. They'll probably revert to further nw'erlies by tomorrow but some spectacular charts on tonight's ECMWF in particular with 20C 850hPa temps across the whole country

Yes there is a possibility of a humid, horror heatwave hitting the UK next week with temperatures high enough to fry an egg on a car bonnet. :D Lets hope it shifts east into Europe where they like that sort of thing. :D

Bit warmer here 24.8*C the warmest spot in the country again.

June has been a glorious month I have no complaints,

July could be spicy hot ooops...there I've cursed it :help::drinks:

I hope you do curse it, usually the Daily Express does that with cold spells, so let's hope they run a KILLER HEATWAVE  headline soon, then you know it won't happen. :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Nice day here, warm and quite breezie. Didn't cloud over until late afternoon and then there was a break in the clouds and more sun for a bit.

As long if these hots days coming up give me some storms to watch then bring it on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

My hay fever's been quite bad, today. But so what? I'm either going to die of heatstroke next week, or fall into an ice-bound river, come winter. It said so in the Express!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice day in MK and I just managed to catch a glimpse of the sunset.

A heatwave late next week would be welcome (if true).

I don't expect to see the aurora here tonight as there is too much light pollution (and there's not much cloud....grr)

post-20787-0-35348500-1435178912_thumb.j

Edited by nicol@
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lol, you really don't have to hide from me Lassie, the only time I'll ever be in NW London is on an Ikea trip! Where, no doubt, it's always sunny :-)

Nice enough day here with sunny spells til later on in the afternoon when it went yucky grey for a while. Cleared up now. Some delicious charts showing up today for next week! Sun, heat, possible storms.....proper summer weather at long last (if it comes off!)

Posted

Lol, you really don't have to hide from me Lassie, the only time I'll ever be in NW London is on an Ikea trip! Where, no doubt, it's always sunny :-)

Nice enough day here with sunny spells til later on in the afternoon when it went yucky grey for a while. Cleared up now. Some delicious charts showing up today for next week! Sun, heat, possible storms.....proper summer weather at long last (if it comes off!)

LOL! It's a shame that you visit that part of NW London, Ikea is slap bang in an onion hole. I would prefer we miss the heatwave as my neighbourhood is burglar city at the moment and everyone leaving their windows open will only attract more of them. It is warm tonight, 17.2c at the moment. If we get temperatures of 33c and high humidity then night time temperatures could be 24c during the night. :cray:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

LOL! It's a shame that you visit that part of NW London, Ikea is slap bang in an onion hole. I would prefer we miss the heatwave as my neighbourhood is burglar city at the moment and everyone leaving their windows open will only attract more of them. It is warm tonight, 17.2c at the moment. If we get temperatures of 33c and high humidity then night time temperatures could be 24c during the night. :cray:

Yes, area around Ikea is a total dump. So much of London is though sadly. I do feel for you not being able to open your window at night in case of burglars. Something really not right about that! What does your MP have to say about it?

24C at night? From a selfish viewpoint - lovely! Bring it on.

Posted

Today's charts are quite something:

post-19153-0-67187200-1435187424_thumb.j

With the GFS always being conservative you can add a couple of degrees.

37-38C possibly for the Capital on GFS 18z the record will have a knock at the door.

I think we're heading for the furnace myself :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

You'd need a sustained period of hot dry weather to get those sort of temperatures though, on current charts I'd say 33C or 34C max. No real change this morning so so looking more likely we're headed for the first heatwave of the year, hopefully out lasts more than a couple of days

This morning, a clear sunny start for a change in London, cloud building already but should be another nice day

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Today's charts are quite something:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

With the GFS always being conservative you can add a couple of degrees.

37-38C possibly for the Capital on GFS 18z the record will have a knock at the door.

I think we're heading for the furnace myself :whistling:

And the overnight GFS 06z run continues to churn out some incredible charts! The 20C 850hPa isotherm over our Region from Thurs 3rd to Sat 5th with some incredible CAPE/LI charts, particularly Fri and Sat reaching -10 ("very unstable, severe storms likely").  :yahoo:

ECM supports the theme but the 20C isotherm only over the UK on Thurs, so not as intense or prolonged.

GFS 850 Fri 4th post-20040-0-15984300-1435213852_thumb.p CAPE/LI post-20040-0-48083000-1435213863_thumb.p

CAPE/LI Sat 4th post-20040-0-83522600-1435213876_thumb.p

And while we await a possible heat & storm event next week, another lovely day to enjoy today. You can't beat the weather! Hours of entertainment! :)

Posted

Nice start to the day here with some sunshine, though quite a bit of cirrus about that'll hopefully move away. Quite warm at 16C and little wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Does no one remember the winter....

Does no one remember so many charts over the top.

The MO 6/15 dayer still not going for mega heat, just very warm.

Something tells me that possibly behind the scenes the are doubts.

Possibly..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Here comes summer!!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :bomb:  :bomb:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SUMMER!!!

yep, took it's time though lol.

Posted

Does no one remember the winter....

Does no one remember so many charts over the top.

The MO 6/15 dayer still not going for mega heat, just very warm.

Something tells me that possibly behind the scenes the are doubts.

Possibly..........

Very true, the GEM today already has the plume missing us lol. Way too far out to be sure, there'll be the inevitable downgrades though I really hope we do get some sunny, hot and later, thundery weather, it's massively overdue!

Posted

Here comes summer!!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :bomb:  :bomb:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SUMMER!!!

So you like it a little bit? lol :)

• Like 1