Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

And the overnight GFS 06z run continues to churn out some incredible charts! The 20C 850hPa isotherm over our Region from Thurs 3rd to Sat 5th with some incredible CAPE/LI charts, particularly Fri and Sat reaching -10 ("very unstable, severe storms likely").  :yahoo:

ECM supports the theme but the 20C isotherm only over the UK on Thurs, so not as intense or prolonged.

GFS 850 Fri 4th attachicon.gifGFS Fri03Jul15 18.00.png CAPE/LI attachicon.gifGFS ukcapeli Fri03Jul15 18.00.png

CAPE/LI Sat 4th attachicon.gifGFS ukcapeli Sat04Jul15 18.00.png

And while we await a possible heat & storm event next week, another lovely day to enjoy today. You can't beat the weather! Hours of entertainment! :)

Hours of insanity when it's all goes pete tong I would think very warm to hot conditions are banked. More of a question of how high it will go - I see there 5 possible days of reaching in excess of 30C GFS and the heat does build so initially in the infancy of the plume starting at mid to high 20's then low 30's and when the plume fully matures potentially mid 30's. GFS has lows of 21C in my location. Insane. Those charts are salivating the storms would be spectacular! Every day which passes with a continuation of the theme is a good step foward. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Erm the 06z brings the party earlier with now Wednesday looking stormy to... 

DAMN

ukcapeli.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Must not get to wrapped up init until Monday/Tuesday...  :rofl:

As long as the windfields turn out as expected, French/Benelux imports could be the order of the day, over here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Annoyingly high amounts of cloud today, can we have some blue skies please. Feeling quite pleasant at 22C. Juicy charts for next week with some serious storm potential! Exciting stuff.

Posted

Today's charts are quite something:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

With the GFS always being conservative you can add a couple of degrees.

37-38C possibly for the Capital on GFS 18z the record will have a knock at the door.

I think we're heading for the furnace myself :whistling:

I cant see anything higher than 32oC from the charts at the mo, certainly not recording breaking temps of 38oC.

• Like 2

Posted

I cant see anything higher than 32oC from the charts at the mo, certainly not recording breaking temps of 38oC.

I see higher GFS 00z and 06z runs have gone for 35C in London this is not definitive. 36-37C has a 5% chance I'd say. I'm very confident 32C will be surpassed, we will see - it is too early so say :wink:

post-19153-0-87713100-1435232873_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

I see higher GFS 00z and 06z runs have gone for 35C in London this is not definitive. 36-37C has a 5% chance I'd say. I'm very confident 32C will be surpassed, we will see - it is too early so say :wink:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Agreed certainly early days. Its like saying a thames streamer might produce 12 inches of snow. Either way it look slike summer is a coming finally

Posted

Agreed certainly early days. Its like saying a thames streamer might produce 12 inches of snow. Either way it look slike summer is a coming finally

In 2009 I got 12 inches odd by a Thames Streamer the holy grail for my location. I think Summer has been established for some time 20-21C is average, next week we're going to be transported to the tropics!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very humid today. Very clammy just sitting in my chair which is unusual in this country for me.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

From strong north to north east winds, to endless cloudy days!  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Posted

In 2009 I got 12 inches odd by a Thames Streamer the holy grail for my location. I think Summer has been established for some time 20-21C is average, next week we're going to be transported to the tropics!

You say that but I've worn my jacket virtually every morning. Once I get rid of that for a week (which finally started today) I might think its summer proper - that said it hasn't been cold during the day and 20-21 is nice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yes, area around Ikea is a total dump. So much of London is though sadly. I do feel for you not being able to open your window at night in case of burglars. Something really not right about that! What does your MP have to say about it?

24C at night? From a selfish viewpoint - lovely! Bring it on.

My MP is a useless turnip (Conservative) he will have to get burgled himself before he bothers doing anything about it. The crap justice system doesn't help either. Not being able to leave your windows open at night will be hell in a heatwave.

Here comes summer!!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :bomb:  :bomb:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SUMMER!!!

The only thing that stops summer from being truly great is the lack of snow. :cc_confused:  Sunny as usual here, like it has been for weeks on end, when are we going to get some weather this summer? :unknw: 25.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

At the risk of being shot down in flames, I can't say I'm looking forward to minimum night time temperatures of 21/22 degrees. Unpleasant for sleeping to say the least.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At the risk of being shot down in flames, I can't say I'm looking forward to minimum night time temperatures of 21/22 degrees. Unpleasant for sleeping to say the least.

Me neither!

Posted

Certainly humid and actually oppressive it being sunny and warm at the mo mercury is responding 24.8C I saw the forecast and the high was 22/23C so as per usual 2C off can't even get the daily forecast correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I find it best if you sleep naked with just a sheet to cover you. 

Posted

I find it best if you sleep naked with just a sheet to cover you. 

I find wearing an extra thin nightie does the trick and it stops me from sticking to the bedsheets. :good: 24.4c, sunny and humid.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good sunny spells and temperatures up to 25C here. Lovely.

Posted

I find wearing an extra thin nightie does the trick and it stops me from sticking to the bedsheets. :good: 24.4c, sunny and humid.

26.6*C in SE London it is still rising only 0.3 away from the highest temperature I've recorded in 2015. Considering the plume has not even arrived I dread to think how hot is going to become. :help:

Posted

26.6*C in SE London it is still rising only 0.3 away from the highest temperature I've recorded in 2015. Considering the plume has not even arrived I dread to think how hot is going to become. :help:

Simon Keeling is going for a four day hot spell and then things get unsettled and cooler from the west. My temperature has risen to 25.7c now Daniel. :shok:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Wish I was at home in the SE now. Been grey, and cool all day in Waterford Ireland. Dam you work.....ha

Posted

I'm not looking forward to the heat either day or night. Working outside for 5 hours delivering the post in those temps is going to be tough going. I'd better dig out the sunscreen  :unsure2:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a nice day! Shame there was quite so much cloud this afternoon, but that's all melted away now into glorious evening sunshine. And with the temp still 21.3C it's great to be able to sit out in the garden in shorts and t-shirt.

Models holding firm on next week's heat & storm event, in fact I fancy both GFS and ECM are slight improvements from this morning. Good to have the Met Office on board now, as the forecast following this evening's news mentioned it and showed a graphic:

post-20040-0-35245800-1435258449_thumb.j