Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Nice and warm but as usual more cloud than sun in London. Hopefully a few more breaks in the afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

perfect summers day, sunny spells and some fair weather cloud. Around 23C at the moment. It should top out at around 25C which is the metoffice high for today.

Next week look pretty hot, the metoffice going very hot in the region with the temperatures by Wednesday hitting 32/33C in London and 30C widely. This could go higher towards the end of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

wow it feels warmer than yesterday here, and very close. Though it was supposed to be fresher today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nice morning here, sunny spells and feeling fresh at 16C. Am off to the Magic FM Let's Rock London! 80's music festival at the Olympic Park today, to see the likes of Thompson Twins, Bananarama, Howard Jones, Kim Wilde, Rick Astley, Five Star and Shalamar, amongst others. Fun! Hopefully the 25C forecast comes off, without any infill. Perfect!

What about Kajagoogoo? :D I have just ordered a 20 foot turbo fan, (slight exaggeration) it is supposed to be like having a jet engine in your house. I'm sure those pesky burglars will be looking for properties with their windows open during the hot spell, won't need to, with that baby on. It's already 27c today and sunny, yet again. What a sunny summer this is turning out to be.

Yes I have been lucky so far! The most I've had is a couple of heavy hail showered this year! Yes I'm dreading next week, as I now work evenings too, so I think I am going to haven't pull a sickie!

Have woken up to blue sky's and it's hot already!

Not sure which day will be best to start coming down with the flu! :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What about Kajagoogoo? :D I have just ordered a 20 foot turbo fan, (slight exaggeration) it is supposed to be like having a jet engine in your house. I'm sure those pesky burglars will be looking for properties with their windows open during the hot spell, won't need to, with that baby on. It's already 27c today and sunny, yet again. What a sunny summer this is turning out to be.

Not sure which day will be best to start coming down with the flu! :D

Ha! I'm sure that turbo fan will do the trick! Maybe use it to blow those vile burglars away?

Sadly no Kajagoogoo today but Jason Donovan is on currently (scream!), lots of fun. 24C in Stratford with sunny spells but quite a lot of cloud too.

Posted

Ha! I'm sure that turbo fan will do the trick! Maybe use it to blow those vile burglars away?

Sadly no Kajagoogoo today but Jason Donovan is on currently (scream!), lots of fun. 24C in Stratford with sunny spells but quite a lot of cloud too.

I could use a Magnum instead :shok: Magnums will come in handy next week in the hot weather :D Have A Flock Of Seagulls turned up? The temperature  has dropped to 24.4c in a cloudy spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I could use a Magnum instead :shok: Magnums will come in handy next week in the hot weather :D Have A Flock Of Seagulls turned up? The temperature  has dropped to 24.4c in a cloudy spell.

I trust that, when speaking of Jason Donovan and Kajaefiinggoogoo, you mean a Colt 45? :bad:  :bad:  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It feels a bit fresher here in new Milton (nr Lymington) than it did in ash vale.It appears to have clouded over now.

I hope you will miss the storms next week, thunderbuddy21. I heard that they might be a bit further west next week, so it has the potential to miss you I suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: calm and cold (im brontophobic)

Yes I saw they ate further West Wednesday into Thursday with more widespread potential Friday, so maybe I throw up Wednesday night meaning I have to be clear 48h hours before my return!

Not looking forward to the heat either, really enjoyed the weather this week it's been lovely but I think 27 degrees is my limit. Hot nights as well urgh! G

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Yes I saw they ate further West Wednesday into Thursday with more widespread potential Friday, so maybe I throw up Wednesday night meaning I have to be clear 48h hours before my return!

Not looking forward to the heat either, really enjoyed the weather this week it's been lovely but I think 27 degrees is my limit. Hot nights as well urgh! G

We will get sod all here. Nothing to worry about lol 

Posted

Took the family and parents to Whipsnade today.

Cracking day even if "her in doors" had her cardie on most of it.

Posted

Using fresh date highest temperature on Wednesday has been climbing up it has gone from 29 > 30 > 31 > 32 > 33 I'm inclined to think 35c plus will be achievable on Wednesday. Hot stuff.

post-19153-0-13934500-1435438297_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

24C recorded here today with good sunny spells, Southend was lovely with the wind off the estuary. It felt very pleasant in a t-shirt and shorts.

Still looks good for a solid spell of very warm or hot weather with the risk of very hot conditions in parts. I wouldn't rule out a 34C on Wednesday.

Now for a slight ramp, Saturday needs watching closely, if we can get the 20C isotherm into this region that day then I wouldn't rule out a 35/36C maximum if it is sunny of course.

Pub run nails this perfectly with 33C widely across the region next Saturday.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I've got to say today was lovely. I'm looking forward to the heatwave this coming week although with a tinge of annoyance as I've had the last 2 weeks off on leave . It feels quite muggy now so gawd knows what it will feel like next week. I personally think this coming month could be a stonker so here to the heat and storms oh and come December to the blizzards too.

• Like 1

Posted

It's quite steamy tonight and this is cool compared to what is coming :bomb:  17.3c not great for sleeping.

Posted

Cloudy but bright here at moment.

If the sun does come out then 23C looks to be likely so cooler than yesterday

nmmuk-0-12-0.png?28-07

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Latest met office temps for Norwich are crap for Thursday, only show Max of 25c and Showers, but Weather Channel, and others show 32c Why?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

wow since the sun came out it's been warm and humid again, not looking forward to next week, as this is quite warm enough, don't like hot at all.

Posted

Latest met office temps for Norwich are crap for Thursday, only show Max of 25c and Showers, but Weather Channel, and others show 32c Why?

Sea breeze?

Anywho, back to the present: it's raining but it's still warm a and muggy.

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted

Sea breeze?

Anywho, back to the present: it's raining but it's still warm a and muggy.

Thursday does look a little cooler as a front clears east with a new ridge building north. That said I think the high twenties will still be possible. Plus the output could change for the hotter again.

Raining here too now.

Posted

Thursday does look a little cooler as a front clears east with a new ridge building north. That said I think the high twenties will still be possible. Plus the output could change for the hotter again.

Raining here too now.

Unless winds get quite fresh, from the southwest or west, we usually get a lovely on-shore breeze after about 11 am; often evening temps shoot up temporarily as the breeze dies down...Personally, I'd be more than happy to not see 33C. :) That said, Norwich will have its own sea-breeze characteristics.