Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted

After a few pleasant days last week it's back to the usual rubbish.

Temp has struggled to 13C, is it really second half of June, cloudy and windy. Story of the spring and summer so far bar a few day's here and there.

I think you'd have to go up to the arctic to find weather so cold in May and June at sea level. Many day's of either single figures or 13C or less as max's!!

Need it to warm up!!

or move south! gorgeous down here today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Fantastic wall to wall sun again here today. Very sunny month here in kernow!

Posted

Down south had a  strong  east to north easterly    for a couple of days last week and it was cold in the south east while it was warm  in the west...

the bulk of the country as been stuck with the North westerly air flow.. the more south and east as been more sheltered  from it.

Obviously its going to be warmer on average further south you go.. But its been   way below average for the bulk of the country so far this  summer.

In Scotland they have had no  warm days at all.

Here near leeds  we have that nagging  wind again.. The smiley weather forecasters keep mentioning the strong sunshine.. seem to negate to mention the  15mph winds from  Iceland is making it feel like  mid ocotober.

Posted

Max temp of 13.4C today, pretty awful considering it's been bone dry with the odd glimpse of sun. Will we ever see the back of this nagging North Westerly wind?!

• Like 1

Posted

Today has turned the tide for June. It was bordering on just about OK, but now its heading into poor territory again.

very cool day only 12c, about 5 steps backwards to the utter dreadfulness of May

These north westerly winds are utterly dire for temperatures.

I was in the Yorkshire Dales today, and there was a rasping strong wind, it was freezing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Today has turned the tide for June. It was bordering on just about OK, but now its heading into poor territory again.

very cool day only 12c, about 5 steps backwards to the utter dreadfulness of May

These north westerly winds are utterly dire for temperatures.

I was in the Yorkshire Dales today, and there was a rasping strong wind, it was freezing!

Reading the temperatures and reading the posts from the North show how cool its been north of Stoke approx. Must say, here on the south coast of Sussex the summer has been sunny and warm for the most part. Today has been a stunner with cloudless skies, max of 21c and gentle breeze. Crazy difference 250 miles further south !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Reading the temperatures and reading the posts from the North show how cool its been north of Stoke approx. Must say, here on the south coast of Sussex the summer has been sunny and warm for the most part. Today has been a stunner with cloudless skies, max of 21c and gentle breeze. Crazy difference 250 miles further south !

this 'April' been fairly average here, cold wind most days, dull skies

• Like 1

Posted

In case you're wondering, the model goes on to develop a classic +ve NAO signal for the autumn, with low pressure tending to be NW of the UK and high pressure from the Azores to Europe.

Christ another Autumn on the mild side (aint that a surprise!) if that happens.

Mmm not something I am relishing, usually means endless cloud and rain on a moist south westerly airstream with little in the way of frost or dry sunny spells. The colder than normal SST's to our NW are certainly likely to have an impact, but as we have seen over recent weeks could mean lower than average temps if we stay under more of  aNW airstream.. anyhow lets not think about autumn yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I thought 2013 started badly. This summer has just taken it to a whole new level of how bad a start you can get. Never in my life have I experienced such a boring, woeful, drab start to summer! Not one thunderstorm has been witnessed by myself, not one day where I could call it a summers day has occurred yet without that abysmal Northwesterly wind cutting through you like a knife, and looks set to be rife right the way through the month now. When is it going to stop!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Dreadful isn't it, I'm sorry, the UK has the worst weather in the world. Being a runner too, if it's not raining it's windy..constantly windy. Someone turn the fan off!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I thought 2013 started badly. This summer has just taken it to a whole new level of how bad a start you can get. Never in my life have I experienced such a boring, woeful, drab start to summer! Not one thunderstorm has been witnessed by myself, not one day where I could call it a summers day has occurred yet without that abysmal Northwesterly wind cutting through you like a knife, and looks set to be rife right the way through the month now. When is it going to stop!!

It has been pretty poor, just 6 out of the last 18 days have seen 20C reached or exceeded here. 3 of them being today and the last two days.

Hopefully things will improve next week if we can get the flow around to the south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yep, 2015 is turning into one of the dreariest, most irritating and frustrating years of weather. Way too dry. Way too cold. Way too windy (when did NW become the new prevailing wind? And does Beaufort 0-5 not happen anymore?). No storms or southerly heat (yet). No lovely HEAVY frontal or convective rain. Just a few episodes of drizzle in the (howling) wind. Yawn!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

With the wind, it seems that no mention on the forecasts means it's actually breezy, when they say it's 'breezy'? It's blowing a gale! Can't they be a bit more realistic??

• Like 2

Posted

could end up with my coolest 2nd half of June day on record today

previous lowest is 11.7c on the 22nd in 2012, only, 65mm fell on that day in a total washout floodfest.

Today is dry.

all other cold June days are generally above 13c (except this year and 2012 at the beginning of the month, both with 11c)

currently 10.6c, so touch and go

Edited by Lake District Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Awfull gloves on walking dog at 7.30 this am ...

Whereas it was breakfast on the patio at ours...

Posted

It hasn't seemed too bad here to me, I have been away the last week but noted several days above 20C in Egham and one reached 26C in London (i.e similar to/slightly higher than Fuerteventura where I was). Now there has boring weather if you have an interest in weather not just warmth and sun.

Same back home in Devon, 6 of the last 9 days above 20C and June running around average for the first half, also dry. It does seem further north has faired worse though.

Dreadful isn't it, I'm sorry, the UK has the worst weather in the world. Being a runner too, if it's not raining it's windy..constantly windy. Someone turn the fan off!!

It really doesn't though, especially if you're a runner

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

I like my cycling and the almost constant cold and wind this year doesn't make you want to head on out!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

This week has been largely cloudy and yesterday was sufficient to close my window (as it is this morning) so yeah.. this is a bit unusual. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yet the CET isn't that much below average, and will most likely end up around average. Have we just become accustomed to warmer months?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet the CET isn't that much below average, and will most likely end up around average. Have we just become accustomed to warmer months?

Quite possibly. Also with many more people holidaying frequently abroad in hotter climes, perhaps they have become used to this and expect this at home?

Have to say though, I really don't understand how the CET can come out average when much of the UK has been chilly by day (11C maxes in the north, shocking) and very cold by night with frosts in some locations? Just how much is 'not that much'?

Edited by stainesbloke

Quite possibly. Also with many more people holidaying frequently abroad in hotter climes, perhaps they have become used to this and expect this at home?

Have to say though, I really don't understand how the CET can come out average when much of the UK has been chilly by day (11C maxes in the north, shocking) and very cold by night with frosts in some locations? Just how much is 'not that much'?

cloud cover keeping night temps up likley ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

June is currently 0.8C below the 81-10 average.

Posted

I have not felt cold since March perhaps early April those NW'lies are moderated immensely once they reach London & SE. Today looks to be the eight consecutive day above 20C it may be even more...