Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Really running out of time for June to sort itself out.

More NW winds until Wednesday, so continued below average temperatures. One day where it reached 18c, the new one day "heatwave". The rest of days recently have been 12-13c during the bulk of the day, comparing to 11-12c during most of May. 

warmer air from Wednesday onwards, but here it will most likely be cloudy and wet which equals continued suppressed temperatures.

This June here will be as cold as June 2012, but possibly only about as wet as June 2011. Very very Poor. 

I am fully expecting continued cool weather in July, with days of 13-14c

sadly I have to agree :(..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Strictly seasonal

I'm afraid I agree with you LDB - particularly for the UK north of the Midlands. the cold North Atlantic will see to that!

Although I get a little fed up with hearing about the north/south divide, i have to accept the fact that, in summer, the nearer to continental Europe you are in the UK, more influence from continental air masses apply. That is simply a fact, very occasionally and somewhat rarely exceptions to that rule apply.

So if you want to enjoy summer style living, go and live in London or Kent if you can afford it and want to share your space with 30 million others!

• Like 1

Posted

It all depends on the air mass... I think we will get more of a  southerly flow now. It may not be  dry all the time.. But think in general we have seen the end of the NW..

North of Scotland may still  have  poorish weather and cold temps.But the tempertures are going to be more average now. Which is perfectly  fine for me.

• Like 1

Posted
You'd think after the last two months it could only get better but it just seems to keep on getting worse and worse. Stupidly cold, dull and drizzly under the permacast which has been in place since Wednesday other than when it lifted for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon.

Just 10.1 hours sun now in the last week. The dullest of the entire year by a long way beating the previous total of 15 hours for 5th to 11th January. At the time of year with the longest daylight it is a sick joke and yet again begs the question what the hell has happened to our weather? Pig sick of enduring summer after summer with less sunshine than the winter months. There has not been such a dire run of summers as those experienced since 2007 at any time since the Little Ice Age.

That's now five Junes in 9 years that have produced a spell of this excruciating permacast like nothing I could ever remember before. The outlook is so desperately poor it looks as though it will be two years on the trot when there has been relentless overcast for the second half of June.At least in 2014 we had some good weather at the start. This month has been more akin to 2007 or 2012 :wallbash:

I even enjoyed last November more than this revolting June and that was the dullest month for 12 years. Says it all about how much I loath and detest this absolutely disgusting month that delivers gloom and misery year in year out and the worst weather always at the weekend. At least the few sunny days of last November coincided with the weekends.

• Like 3

Posted

At 3.30pm today, car showed 8.5C!! This was 300m asl but even so, end of June?!! That is a slightly mild January day!! Felt absolutely freezing today in that wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Fortunately it has not been as bad here as north of the border but it hasn't been great by any means and driving through town on Saturday almost everyone had coats on.What does spring to mind however is that I am struggling to think of any years when we havnt had at least a handful of summer type days together in either May or June,it is exceptional!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Thoroughly disappointing so far, not had one day you could really call warm, but I believe there was one maybe two warmish days here when I was abroad for a week 5th-12th.... Lovely weather in the Canary Islands if you want some Summer! :)  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Thoroughly disappointing so far, not had one day you could really call warm, but I believe there was one maybe two warmish days here when I was abroad for a week 5th-12th.... Lovely weather in the Canary Islands if you want some Summer! :)

I thought you had been kidnapped by aliens, like many a West Cumbria citizen. London has been warm and sunny for most of June, might get Spanish plumed next week with the temps in the 30's. :bad:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I thought you had been kidnapped by aliens, like many a West Cumbria citizen. London has been warm and sunny for most of June, might get Spanish plumed next week with the temps in the 30's. :bad:

London warm and sunny most of June? Really, lol. Must have a different microclimate where you live! It has been decidedly cool, often cloudy and the sunnier days have been spoilt by that horrid wind in my part of town.

Posted

2py5m3l.png

temp anomaly for Europe, month to date.

quite evidently cooler for the UK, and much of Northern Europe. There are signals that the continent will warm up in July - with the SE & London benefiting being closer to this airmass.

However, the CFS ensembles have been pumping out run after run [for at least the last 2 weeks] showing July with a negative temp anom., and while I do not usually put much weight on this model, something has to be said about its consistent signal for a cooler than average July.

2zz6mw7.pnglatest update - July.

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted

2py5m3l.png

quite evidently cooler for the UK, and much of Northern Europe. There are signals that the continent will warm up in July - with the SE & London benefiting being closer to this airmass.

However, the CFS ensembles have been pumping out run after run [for at least the last 2 weeks] showing July with a negative temp anom., and while I do not usually put much weight on this model, something has to be said about its consistent signal for a cooler than average July.

Looks like the Chinese model agrees with that. I saw on Gavin's video the outlook is better when we get to august. Will Scotland get any decent summer weather this year?

tc2015065gl_t2m2_3.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

2py5m3l.png

Have been following the Cfs a lot recently and to me it seemed to be showing a warm month? You do only seem to post these charts when negative anomalies appear.... Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

High of 11 here today, rain on and off all day felt like November out there. Its not been to wet here this month but the lack any real warmth has been the thing that has stood out. 

The BBQ is gathering dust and my coat has been worn more times this month than is was in the whole of April. I really hope it turns round and looking at some of the long range models i think this summer might be a slow burner with a decent August. Wishful thinking probably but it cant get any worse up here.

If i here the BBC forecasters say around average temps today one more time i am going to scream, we don't all live in the south-east. Rant over :D  

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted

Have been following the Cfs a lot recently and to me it seemed to be showing a warm month? You do only seem to post these charts when negative anomalies appear....

huh? What a comment.

Unfortunately, haven't had an opportunity to post any positive anomalies as .... well.... there's been.... none?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

London warm and sunny most of June? Really, lol. Must have a different microclimate where you live! It has been decidedly cool, often cloudy and the sunnier days have been spoilt by that horrid wind in my part of town.

Don't forget Staines dude, you live much closer to the Atlantic Ocean than I do, therefore you are at its mercy. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well the current temperature isn't that much higher than the average minimum at this time of year, not expected until 4-5am. Maybe this thread should have been called the 'Autummer 2015' thread until further notice. At least tomorrow is looking a lot better, and most importantly, MUCH CALMER! Just as well because not only am I as sick to the back teeth of the wind as many of you on here, I would like any wind tomorrow to be long after my planned BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Don't forget Staines dude, you live much closer to the Atlantic Ocean than I do, therefore you are at its mercy. :D

That is true, those 10 miles make all the difference lol....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Your posts continue to be a disgrace to this forum. Whenever posts show something you don't want to see your first reaction is to attack and belittle. Pathetic.

pet.gif

Another overcast morning here - but at least it's dry. Should reach around 18-20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

How cold did it get last night? Supposed to be single figures in West & Wales

5.8C here in southern Ireland last night, which doesn't even make it into the top 5 coldest minima of the month.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

5.8C here in southern Ireland last night, which doesn't even make it into the top 5 coldest minima of the month.

Interesting it doesn't even make your Top 5 coldest.

I don't keep the records you do Born but my overall impression is that we have had a switch round of late whereby the CET is being driven not by the maximum's we are achieving but rather whether the minimum is high or low and we do seem to have swirched into lower minimum than has probably been true for some considerable time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

my problem with summer 13, is that it was only a 3 week affair, in july, even then one weekend was cold and dull as we had a northeasterly straight off that bloody north sea... and when the heatwave broke, it became very wet.

so i dont rate summer 13, but july was good!

It wasn't really - at least not here it wasn't. June 2013 was rather poor but August 2013 was definitely on the warm side - not heatwaves but consistently in the 21-25C range with temps reaching 31C on the first day of the month, and average sunshine values - above average in Kent and East Anglia, so again location-dependent. 

Edited by Ed Stone
No need to fan the flames, Mr Cheese??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Interesting it doesn't even make your Top 5 coldest.

I don't keep the records you do Born but my overall impression is that we have had a switch round of late whereby the CET is being driven not by the maximum's we are achieving but rather whether the minimum is high or low and we do seem to have swirched into lower minimum than has probably been true for some considerable time. 

Had several minima below 5C early in the month.

My thinking is that the cold SSTs that have drifted over to our side of the Atlantic are to blame. The closest official station to me shows a spell of well below average minima at the end of May/start of June.

Moorepark_TEMP.png?1402

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Summer 2013 was the warmest, sunniest and driest summer since 2006.

Tbh pjl, I'd rank 2013 and last-year as very-much on the positive side of average; and last year, with its lack of anything too hot (but nothing cold) as the better of the two.

And, IMO, this year so far has been no worse than was 1983?

Edited by Ed Stone