Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

25,8 here. Horridly warm at the moment. Already hoping for some cooler air to return as soon as possible. :)

Looking at the models you may have quite a wait with further warmth possible next week though not to the extremes of the next few days

gfs-1-228.png?6

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Looking at the models you may have quite a wait with further warmth possible next week though not to the extremes of the next few days

gfs-1-228.png?6

Indeed...Next week's looking good, maybe 29 or so, in the south; but it could be spoiled by deteriorating air-quality?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

gfs-1-228.png?6

That's fine. I can take it, lol. makes it all the better when it cools down. :)

Posted

Northern Ireland now has its warmest day of the year so far

@bbcweather

Warmest day of the year for Northern Ireland! 24C just recorded in Derry-Londonderry. Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I sort of feel sorry for you to be honest, the next few days look like they could be very hot up here, possibly the hottest since July 2006. To be fair though, you can't moan too much considering we had quite a cold, wet May and a mostly cool June. And yes I would be saying the same to the heat lovers if July and August were warm/hot and then September was a cool washout.

It is quite a switch to what we've recently been used to though, so I can understand why it's unpleasant. :)

Haha. Don't feel sorry for me, I can cope. It's unpleasant but not unmanageable. I have hay fever and asthma which doesn't make me feel comfortable in this weather but there are things that can be done to assuage these conditions. Does help if you're fit and healthy :) I do have a little sympathy for people who can't cope in the cold though :)

Edited by simshady
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not liking that LP, on St Swithun's Day. Could be a wind-up? :D

Posted

How is it always warmer up there than it is down here in Manchester? You'd think that Glossop's higher elevation and further proximity from Manchester's urban heat island would work against it...

Fohn effect? Its stonkingly hot for up here.... Plus from looking in direction of manchester lookslike some high cloud around

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

28c now reached no word from the beeb as yet where has hit it 30c should be hit today

Northolt and Heathrow both showing 28c.

Posted

28.1 now.

26.1C at the official station in Lyneham at 1PM. It will be interesting to see by how much the forecast temperature of 26C will be exceeded

Edit: 29.1C at Heathrow now

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

First 30c of the summer seems odds on now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

28C and a perfect blue sky here. What a complete opposite to the 1st of June!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

So it could reach 35c in a hotspot tomorrow and 30c widely, even in scotland (although not widely) yet theres a MOD in the model thread saying the heatwave is over dramatized and sensationl (hasnt even been like that anyways), nothing out of the ordinary for a spanish plume in the uk. Im afraid you are wrong.

• Like 4

Posted

29.3C at Heathrow at 2PM, 30C looking almost certain to be reached. Wonder if anywhere will get to 31 or 32C?

27.3C here

We're now in the slot for the afternoon peak so we've got around 2 hours before the temps will have passed the peak 30c should be hit but 32c may be pushing it for today happy to be proved wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

29°C here in Failsworth, which is already 3°C higher than the forecasted maxima for today.

Come on 30°C... so close! :)

Is that from an official station? We're only at 26C down here. You're as hot Heathrow if it's true. Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

25.8c here so far.

We're now in the slot for the afternoon peak so we've got around 2 hours before the temps will have passed the peak 30c should be hit but 32c may be pushing it for today happy to be proved wrong though

You're probably right, the next update in a few minutes may tell

Edit: Kew Gardens apparently now at 29.8C

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

30C now in London and Jersey

Where in London? Can only see Jersey has hit 30c.