Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

First 12 days of June had 131 hours of sun. Last 11 have had 32. Hasn't been very warm either.

I don't understand why certain people welcome cold weather in winter with open arms but the thought of hot weather is met with recoil and horror. I also don't get why people look forward to winter in the UK when nearly every year is a disappointment - like the last two years. I mean, even up here we only got a few inches - in London they got a 2-hour slushy covering in January?! Where's the fun in that?

Do you ever stop moaning?

I suggest you move to somewhere like Spain and then you can get the summer weather you crave.

Whilst this year hasnt been amazing so far neither has it been poor. Plenty of useable weather and not too hot or too cold or indeed too wet. I suspect people look for cold and snow in winter because it is so rare where as sun and temps in the high 20s or low 30s happen every year.

Edited by Always expect rain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Do you ever stop moaning?

I suggest you move to somewhere like Spain and then you can get the summer weather you crave.

Whilst this year hasnt been amazing so far neither has it been poor. Plenty of useable weather and not too hot or too cold or indeed too wet. I suspect people look for cold and snow in winter because it is so rare where as sun and temps in the high 20s or low 30s happen every year.

Its ok you making that comment but your climate is far milder,less wind ,less cloud,less rain,more sun than leeds and another world from here in the pennines.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I usually say summer begins during Wimbledon, certainly looks like being a baking hot 1st week, on the courts, in the sun as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very nice to have lost that vile, cold, ever-so dreary NW'ly at last. Hallelujah!

Some utterly delightful charts showing up for next week, some proper heat, sun and possible storms on the way. Wonderful stuff and about time. Hopefully the next two months will have above average temps.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Very nice to have lost that vile, cold, ever-so dreary NW'ly at last. Hallelujah!

Some utterly delightful charts showing up for next week, some proper heat, sun and possible storms on the way. Wonderful stuff and about time. Hopefully the next two months will have above average temps.

And the good thing is 20c has been so hard to achieve this year so far but many places are set to get at least 20c for the forseeable future. All warmth from now on.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Completely the opposite here! The satellite shows no where near as

Much stratocumulus built up.

Just shows the varying weather across parts of the country. Northwesterly - the northwest is gonna pull the short straw. Now it's more a southwesterlyish, I'm not in such a good place. Need a good southeasterly imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

And the good thing is 20c has been so hard to achieve this year so far but many places are set to get at least 20c for the forseeable future. All warmth from now on.

Yes, thankfully. It's unlikely to last long being the UK but very welcome nonetheless. The UK is a delightful place to be when it's warm and sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

First 12 days of June had 131 hours of sun. Last 11 have had 32. Hasn't been very warm either.

I don't understand why certain people welcome cold weather in winter with open arms but the thought of hot weather is met with recoil and horror. I also don't get why people look forward to winter in the UK when nearly every year is a disappointment - like the last two years. I mean, even up here we only got a few inches - in London they got a 2-hour slushy covering in January?! Where's the fun in that?

People enjoy other aspects of Winter as well, not just cold and snow. I like the long dark nights and the feeling of being exposed to the elements when out, whether that be howling wind, driving rain, biting cold or heavy snow, which are all relatively common in Winter compared to other times of year. That's why I look forward to it.

Anyway, I hope we see a few thunderstorms soon, it's been a while since I've experienced one. There were plenty last July but nothing absolutely monstrous. Some pretty biblical downpours too, though short.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Ive been thinking weve had enough prolonged northerlies recently (e.g last August) so its time for a southerly that just keeps reloading with more heat and humidity.

It will be payback for this awful spell

Rtavn00120140820.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Gawd I hope this heatwave reloads the following week - I literally am missing the best of it by going up to the Isle of Man. Fingers crossed the GFS is being progressive with its Atlantic onslaught from the 6th onwards. As said on the previous page, just imagine if a prolonged southeasterly set up shop after months of persistent northwesterlies. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Gawd I hope this heatwave reloads the following week - I literally am missing the best of it by going up to the Isle of Man. Fingers crossed the GFS is being progressive with its Atlantic onslaught from the 6th onwards. As said on the previous page, just imagine if a prolonged southeasterly set up shop after months of persistent northwesterlies. 

I am virtually certain it will verify this time. At last we are in for some real heat. Can't wait. 

Posted

Yes, a few months of hot SE'lys would be very welcome and balance out the vile cold NW'lys we've endured since December. You should get some nice warmth in the Isle of Man. I'm off to Spain Mon-Fri so will be enjoying heat there but what I really don't want to miss are storms! Which could be epic if temps reach the mid 30's. Hoping the Atlantic holds out as long as possible lol.

Posted

Gone really quite humid today,but awfully dull this morning and dark at times.

Next week looking like the most unstable hot humid thunderstorm S-ly for some years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The beeb are talking about the risk of some sea fog in the south and west keeping the temperatures down but hot inland for central and eastern parts something worth remembering

Other than that this is the summary for next week

Untitled2120a.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

It is looking very promising for next week :yahoo:

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

New Warmest day of the year so far-27.8c at Gravesend, Kent.

And, interestingly, all the models, the Beeb and the BBC underestimated it by quite a margin. Next week's max?

Posted

I think Google weather is a lot more accurate and puts the bbc to shame.

What did they predict, pjl?

Posted

25 or 26 degrees today.

And it reached 28. What's going to happen, next week? :D

Posted

I don't know what source Weatheronline use for forecasts, but that had been consistently forecasting 27C today even when the Met were forecasting 22C (just yesterday). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I don't know what source Weatheronline use for forecasts, but that had been consistently forecasting 27C today even when the Met were forecasting 22C (just yesterday).

I don't know how many times the MO have been wrong for my location by at least 3C.

On another note, 20C nights next week are not going to be fun...

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It is quite remarkable the met office maps are going for 30c in London already next Wednesday and 27-29c across central England. Usually these maps are quite conservative at this range and upgrade nearer the time....

Posted

It is quite remarkable the met office maps are going for 30c in London already next Wednesday and 27-29c across central England. Usually these maps are quite conservative at this range and upgrade nearer the time....

Well the BBC graphics have notched the temps up by 2C when they are showing the fact it could reach 24C in Northern Scotland and 32C in Southern England so an upgrade there, be interesting too see what they say tomorrow if they show the same graphics. 

How much cloud there will be will also determine how high the temps will go, especially low cloud of course but thick high cloud can also influence temps by a degree or two.