Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

15.3c feeling toasty already, watch you don't burn people...

15.3c feeling toasty already, watch you don't burn people...

I've been out with MrsC and DoggyC this morning, I feel half melted in the sun and 'heat'. It felt roasting along the banks of the Teviot, although it was probably only 6ºC knowing what my temperature appreciation is like :D

Utterly glorious day:

post-2844-0-42053000-1433931214_thumb.jp

Posted

I've been out with MrsC and DoggyC this morning, I feel half melted in the sun and 'heat'. It felt roasting along the banks of the Teviot, although it was probably only 6ºC knowing what my temperature appreciation is like :D

Utterly glorious day:

attachicon.gif034.JPG

Great photo.

I think it's because we aren't used to it. I may be in shorts but I'm not sweating profusely in the car so It can't be that warm. When it's over 25c is when I really get warm and then over 30c in this country is not that pleasant. This is nowhere near that, quite pleasant actually at a smidgen under 16c.

Car was reading 22/23 (obviously wrong) when driving around so that shows the effect of the sun.

Great photo.

I think it's because we aren't used to it. I may be in shorts but I'm not sweating profusely in the car so It can't be that warm. When it's over 25c is when I really get warm and then over 30c in this country is not that pleasant. This is nowhere near that, quite pleasant actually at a smidgen under 16c.

Car was reading 22/23 (obviously wrong) when driving around so that shows the effect of the sun.

My weather station is proudly reporting 25.6ºC at the moment. At least once I move I can get slightly more accurate readings with the far bigger garden, although I'm going to be about a mile away from Charterhall airfield so no need for my own weather station when I've got a top grade one so close by.

The biggest issue with heat is what your schedule is for the day. If you're not working and having a day out then it's not an issue whatever the temperature is, it's having to work in any heat which I dislike strongly. Even yesterday at work was unpleasant, I don't do what can be quite physical work and heat at the same time. It's no fun.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Ohshahoorsir, it's Taps Aff N' Belliesoot withur the day eh!

Big likin this withur Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Only one complaint to make so far today and that that I'm in work! Currently just short of 15C here at work in Dyce but over 19C in Aboyne (which is usually more representative of the conditions in my home village).

Yesterday evening at home, therefore inland a bit, it was quite pleasant. When walking the dog I even managed to cut down to just a light t-shirt and a light fleece, so only two layers, and was comfortable even though we didn't get back from the walk until nearly 10pm. No wind though, which made a big difference.

Maybe one day this summer I might even get to wear shorts, gasp.

Posted

Annoys me that I have no accurate station near me.

Eskdalemuir is at altitude, like 200-300m or so. 15/20 miles to my east as well. Completely unrepresentative.

Carlisle is probably more accurate for me (hardly great 58m ask compared to my 15 and obviously to my SE. Sometimes experiences worse weather too.

Anyway, it's reading 19c which seems about right...

Only one complaint to make so far today and that that I'm in work! Currently just short of 15C here at work in Dyce but over 19C in Aboyne (which is usually more representative of the conditions in my home village).

Yesterday evening at home, therefore inland a bit, it was quite pleasant. When walking the dog I even managed to cut down to just a light t-shirt and a light fleece, so only two layers, and was comfortable even though we didn't get back from the walk until nearly 10pm. No wind though, which made a big difference.

Maybe one day this summer I might even get to wear shorts, gasp.

Shorts are on mate ;)

If I had more of a tan the top would be off. SnapBack would be on.

Looking like an absolute *****, love it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Ah cracking for a change, shame I am hiking near Sandwood bay the weekend, that pesky front may skupper my chances of getting a tan!

Posted

20.3c currently.

Off to work so won't post until later. Looks like somewhere may hit 24/25c

Annoys me that I have no accurate station near me.

Eskdalemuir is at altitude, like 200-300m or so. 15/20 miles to my east as well. Completely unrepresentative.

It has annoyed me here in Kelso not having an accurate station nearby. For example, I've been up to the new house within the last hour and the car thermometer showed a change of -2ºC between here and the new house. While I can assume that it was over-reading the temp (22ºC in the car at the new house, and 19ºC at Charterhall a mile away), I don't know if the 2ºC change is or isn't accurate. I'm befuddling myself now, but I know from past experience in summer and winter that Kelso is a hotspot, I'd love to know just how hotty or spotty!

Posted

Now summer has sort of arrived here (briefly for now, but hopefully more to come!), have started to wonder about midges! Just wondering how bad they are in the Aviemore area, worst nearest the loch I assume, but in general am I going to need to get some repellent in?

Any help / info much appreciated :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Had a nice trip up to Inverness today. A little light cloud about further North but still fair and warm. Mountains looking great in the clear air with many snow patches easily visible in the Highlands. Got back home at 5.30 to clear blue skies and a temp of 21.2C and feeling even warmer. Max was 21.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Now summer has sort of arrived here (briefly for now, but hopefully more to come!), have started to wonder about midges! Just wondering how bad they are in the Aviemore area, worst nearest the loch I assume, but in general am I going to need to get some repellent in?

Any help / info much appreciated :D

YES!   HC will get back to you with info.....he just loves  'em!

• Like 3

Posted

23.7c max .... Great day :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Official MO top temp. 23C Balmoral, warmest day of the year so far in Scotland

• Like 1

Posted

Made it to 19c today still 10c. All plant life is a much stronger shade of green and growth is taking off ,lots of tree pollen in the air.Hope the weekend is not too cool as there is a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Just a hair under 24'C here today which felt very, very different compared to what we've had lately! I see some if the stations around Aviemore were reporting 25'C, a good day for a jaunt to Loch An Eilean!

• Like 1

Posted

Output looks great this morning.

As I kept saying in April and May, frankly it's a positive that they were poor (certainly May) in relation to the summer pattern.

Early heat in May will be nothing on heat around the solstice and the following weeks.

Perhaps those in the far north/NE will so a little worse (sorry Ravelin!) but most of is should fair pretty well with sunshine being plentiful around the solstice, the et time of course.

Hopefully we can import some proper heat and get in the mid twenties but if yesterday is anything to go by with predictions of only 18/19c a couple days ago, 24c was almost recorded.

Get the high in, hopefully in a favourable position and let the rest happen. We seem to have cross model support on the high re-establishing after the weekend.

I'm pleased!!! :)

• Like 2

Posted

20.3c 27 mins ahead of yesterday then...

Sunny, warm, beautiful day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

22'C here today but I see Kincraig in Badenoch reached 27'C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Popped out for a sneaky pint in the sunshine after work, and spotted a spaceship!

attachicon.giflenticular2.jpg

A Lenticular spaceship!

• Like 2

Posted

Reached 24.8c, approaching the 'very warm' category. Still very pleasant when came out of work at 6:30pm :)

• Like 1