Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

a line of storms firing off the west coast and moving east. hopeful for same further south to develop..

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Quite dissapointed the met office warnings are just to the south of me! Gotva feeling this is going to to be a anti-climate likes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

a line of storms firing off the west coast and moving east. hopeful for same further south to develop..

Whereabouts? I can only see one hit slightly NW of Scarba. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Apologies for bursting in on the wrong thread... Down in Kendal for a couple of days, got a very pleasant 28C in the garden this afternoon. Strawberries too.  Cape & LI look promising for tomorrow afternoon here too, then look exceptional :bomb: :bomb: for France for the drive south at the end of the week.

Posted

Whereabouts? I can only see one hit slightly NW of Scarba. 

Ditto can only see one lightning on radar although at least some potential is there! Been that murky cloud all day here but some more slightly ominous looking black chunky clouds rolling in from the South West. Think tomorrow evening our best bet, cameras charged and at the ready!

Edited by grifter

Posted

Oh well, at least somebody got lucky this evening. I had such high hopes for a little something :fool:

Posted

I said storms firing of which there were multiple cells. Not many sferics in the end!

post-26-0-80801900-1435686357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ross B

Posted

Reached a very respectable 24c at Leuchars this afternoon before the wind switched to the east and the temperature dropped 5c in an hour. With the wind forecast as SEly tomorrow we may struggle to hit 20c though Thursday may be warmer locally as the wind switches back to a SWly.

Posted

It's started to clear up hear this evening with some sunshine. Altrocumulus and Towering Cumulus high up. I've seen this in past summers the evening before a Thundery weather next day and I am more than certain now there will be Thundery weather tomorrow..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

We could see temp up to 30C here tomorrow hope with some thunderstorms :)

Worth noting the all time Inverness record could possibly fall.

Posted

According to the BBC Scotland Weather report that I just watched, basically it looks like I'm stuffed storm-wise even though there's a weather alert out for my area :sorry:

Posted

I was out while reporting scotland weather was on.... Hows the storm forcast in west lothian being show on the weather forcast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

According to the BBC Scotland Weather report that I just watched, basically it looks like I'm stuffed storm-wise even though there's a weather alert out for my area :sorry:

More your side of town or more mine (or further west)?

Or are they way east ie the borders?

Today was decent but a bit of 'what could have been?'

Well I know what could have been, Carlisle (and as HC notes Kendal got 28c) had clear skies and 27/28c whereas the sun never came out until intermittent spells post 7pm.

Temp (unusually) kept creeping up, only 21c by 1pm but 24c by 4pm and made 24.8c but still a long way short of the potential.

I'm sure tomorrow will deliver.

Certainly oppressively humid and will make for a 'sticky' night.

Posted

I was out while reporting scotland weather was on.... Hows the storm forcast in west lothian being show on the weather forcast

Good..it showed an area of very heavy precip moving in later tomorrow evening / overnight which would probably be stormy! who knows though, expect nothing and hope for the best :)

Posted

i dont know if other folks are feeling it but its only 10 past 9 in the night and the heat is still in force but were no in direct sunlight

crazy likes

just seen the weather forcast and your right its bang over west lothian! also a slight chances of 30 degrees down here what would unheard not since 2003

Posted

It's like a sauna outside now just waiting to erupt. Everything seems in place to go bang and if it does............I think we will know all about it

Edited by NUT

Posted

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi

?text=yes&fcstfile=2015070206_201506302038_2_stormforecast.xml

Thanks for the link :)

Just seen the BBC forecast and I look bang in line for some severe storms come 6-9pm or thereabouts tomorrow night. Could be interesting....

Posted

Is there any potential tonight for storms? Sky has been chaotic tonight and looking increasingly interesting. I can see virga on the horizon too.

Posted

Is there any potential tonight for storms? Sky has been chaotic tonight and looking increasingly interesting. I can see virga on the horizon too.

Apart from some really isolated storms in the east, I don't think so.

Atmosphere is not condusive basically without going into CAPE values an capping and the like.

Tomorrow night looks much better, particularly late afternoon onwards. Mainly for the south but I did see some storms making it up to you which may well be impressive late tomorrow night (ie this kind of time).

Just have to wait and see but the main risk is further south although I'm sure areas even here will miss out and some will get hit full on.

• Like 1