Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

15c, feels cool and breezy. Max was 18c.

Posted

Damp squib all round really. Severe storm warning, my Aunt Fanny.

yes been a bit damp squib but seen some lighting in the city this afternoon but not much :)

Posted

Got another band of rain on the way but doesn't look thundery (Might pep up when it heads in I suppose)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

cant help but feel this is been over hyped up all we had is one shower and that was just a spit of rain thats about it

hopefully this will ramp up tonight but to be honest i cant see it happening  :wallbash: 

Posted

Reporting Scotland didn't inspire much hope for storms tonight. Another missed opportunity here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Rubbish storm wise...

Also temperature wise very mediocre. 28c in very early July... Cool, like recording -8 in January. Not impressive. 30s+ is noteworthy

Still, it clearly delivered down south and Friday still looks nice and warm. Much better than Atlantic driven weather but this is why I dislike plumes, certainly if offered a stable area of HP

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Well whit another pi5hy summers day this has turned oot tae be!

Aboot 1 1/2 hours O' hazy sunshine with admittedly a respctable 24ish Deg C, then back tae cloud & pi5h

Will we ever get a decent spell of summer in this fkn area?

Big well & truly fkd aff Innes

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Rubbish storm wise...

Also temperature wise very mediocre. 28c in very early July... Cool, like recording -8 in January. Not impressive. 30s+ is noteworthy

Still, it clearly delivered down south and Friday still looks nice and warm. Much better than Atlantic driven weather but this is why I dislike plumes, certainly if offered a stable area of HP

Yeah... crap modelling at such short range. At last though, I got a higher temp than you, even if i did have to leave the country - 31C this afternoon in Kendal. We got one very sharp shower about 10 this morning, and I thought, my golly gosh, we're in for a fun day. Then zilcho except odd spots of light rain.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Just had football training in Stirling. Cloudy with showers. I've seen 4 showers since about 3.30pm and everyone of them has been a little bit heavier than the previous one but no sign of any thunder or lightning. Temperature is now down to 16.9C which is a bit below what it was forecast to be at this time.

Whilst training and then driving home, I was looking about and the skies were very dark but with some small orange/yellow areas that you see when a thunderstorm has just passes, it was misty, the roads were completely soaking and it felt humid. If I had slept all day and just woke up now and looked outside you would think there had been a thunderstorm. But there hasn't. And I think the reason for it is the same reason why it usually doesn't happen in this country. Too much cloud cover throughout the day not letting the convection get underway.

Seems to be more showers coming up from the south but they look like they are weakening to it seens as if the rest of the night will be light rain showers, which is actually what the BBC weather website symbols have been showing consistently for tonight for the last 48 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Again, clouds not producing very much. But the clouds did produce for some today - storms are always - literally - hit or miss!

Yeah, well that flash we both thought we saw earlier... I got home and the wife (who'd skipped off home early) said "did you get the thunder and lightning?", me "no, one brief flash, maybe", her "oh, there were quite a few here".

Yeah, well that flash we both thought we saw earlier... I got home and the wife (who'd skipped off home early) said "did you get the thunder and lightning?", me "no, one brief flash, maybe", her "oh, there were quite a few here".

Typical :D

Aye, it's been a let down today, always next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Couple of flashes and rumbles in East Wemyss...

Posted

Just jumped out of a taxi at Haymarket to see a few lightning bolts rip across the sky! Brilliant!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Couple of flashes and rumbles in East Wemyss...

Some flashes in the sky through here!

Nae thunder or torrential pi5h, just quiet,calm and a flashing sky.

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Getting louder- looks to be just off the Fife Coast out from Buckhaven, Kirkcaldy's had a strike too by the look of it.

Posted

Quite frequent lightning here but no thunder while I'm waiting on my bus to get home and take grief from the Mrs for having an ale or two!

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder here too in Crail.

Posted

Yeah... crap modelling at such short range. At last though, I got a higher temp than you, even if i did have to leave the country - 31C this afternoon in Kendal. We got one very sharp shower about 10 this morning, and I thought, my golly gosh, we're in for a fun day. Then zilcho except odd spots of light rain.

Yes, you had to go south of me ;)

Rare as it's usually south of the Pennines before the real better weather (compared to here anyway) starts.

I note the Black Isle of forecast 22c tomorrow and I'm 20/21 so if you were back home you could beat me there too...

Sure, it was very warm (I wouldn't go a far as 'hot' despite what some people were saying today around town) and humid but hardly that unusual. 2013 and 14 are still easily ahead (I realise they were above average summers but still).

I think it was simply a lack of instability and lack of decrease in capping that has led to this damn squib. The reason we got 'level 2' warning etc was due to the encroachment of that cold front with a view to sufficiently destabilise the air and to allow these storms to get going. It just hasn't quite mixed together as was forecast by the models. Although humid, I never felt like it would go bang personally.

Ridiculously hot down south, a bit too hot.

Tomorrow may still be reasonable (above average) and Friday may actually give a very nice day 25c perhaps but this spell will be over before it really properly began for us.

Give me a Scandi high (sorry East coast dwellers) anyday! Or UK high just to the East.

• Like 1

Posted

Typical :D

Aye, it's been a let down today, always next time.

There'll be only a certain number of next times till there are no next times and the year will be over! You lot do get the snow to be fair pity the whole shebang can not be equally distubuted through 4 corners of UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Saw a good few flashes of lightning here also, just to the NW. Attention turning to the clump of storms coming over the border now!

Edited by Mesosphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Saw a good few flashes of lightning here also, just to the NW. Attention turning to the clump of storms coming over the border now!

Yes, just noticed on the radar that there is extra oomph in those showers compared to anything we have seen pushing up from the south all day. That along with the fact that some in Edinburgh and East Lothian have seen lightning in the last hour bodes well for about an hours time. Maybe we will get some thunderstorms at last.

• Like 1

Posted

Aye, just as I said 'damp squib' the room lot up with lightning. Been maybe 15-20 strikes in the last 30 mins accompanied by some rain.

2/3 of those strikes being really significant and accompanied by very loud and long thunder.

Again, this isn't unusual and I've had better yorks before but this is definitely an improvement :)

• Like 1