Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Getting cloudy here now - difficult to see exactly how dark the clouds look from my location but the airport now has a thunderstorm in its forecast.

A colleague reports thunder near Stonehaven.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Thunderstorm west of Inverness with fork lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It's actually brightened up in Aberdeen again for now!

Sort of! That shower looked good on the radar heading in but by the time it got to Dyce it was no more than a brief, light shower.

Thunderstorm west of Inverness with fork lightning.

There goes my caravan then. :nonono:

Posted

Aye Ravelin, someone said it was raining in Mastrick... then again, there is a micro climate there! :D

It does look a tad cloudier now although it brightens up every time I say that!

Don't have the best view from my city ctre window!

Edited by Richard Taylor

Posted

Still dry here amazingly although getting cloudier. Still as humid as hell too

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Looks like a shower heading towards the central belt now. Could hit here in the next 15 minutes, maybe will just miss to the east. Not sure if its electrical though. Since my last post, the sun has come out twice for a few minutes but has stayed mainly cloudy.

Edit: looks like that shower has weakened a bit since it passed over the southern uplands

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted

Sharp burst of rain (about 10sec worth!) from the latest batch of CBs passing over, but no lightning activity from them yet.

I thought we had a flash but since it was 'corner of the eye' stuff and I didn't hear any thunder (too many helicopter engines running) I'm not sure I wasn't just imagining it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

According to my weather station, its 23.6C here. That should be accurate as the sun hasn't shined on it for along time and it's actually risen a small amount in the last 5 minutes. That shower did fragment a little and pass to the east of here. The cloud looks thicker and more uniform now than it did earlier on. To be fair, the lunchtime news did have this afternoon being cloudy with some light showers pushing up from the south before things kick off after tea time. I hope its right, even if it means I'm dodging the lightning at my football training. But in past experience, a sheet of extensive cloud and isn't a good signal for thunderstorms to follow

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, that was a blink and you'll miss it affair!   Dropped to 17.4c from 24.3c.  and now back to our default weather........cloud!  We also  have a yellow warning of rain from 4pm - midnight!

post-1989-0-98895800-1435763922.txt

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like more substansal rain about to hit but none of it seems electrified. If we don't get one rumble today i'll be very surprised considering how hot it is

Edited by NUT

Posted

Very disappointing day so far :( Light rain starting now to make it even worse. Where are the thunderstorms?? ;( Level 2 Estofex warning for this...

Posted

One probable indistinct flash, a short shower of hail and a 5min moderately heavy shower of rain as the back edge of the 'storm' band moved through. That's it so far. Cloud breaking up and sun making an appearance again. All rather 'meh'.

Posted

Checked up the ABZ airport weather & as of 30mins back it reported th/storm in vicinity - so Revelin & I did see a flash of lightning. Just been the one in that case & actually no audible thunder. Now have a light/mod shower but actually a bit brighter than it has been. The more threatening clouds of earlier actually produced less rain than now! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Checked up the ABZ airport weather & as of 30mins back it reported th/storm in vicinity - so Revelin & I did see a flash of lightning. Just been the one in that case & actually no audible thunder. Now have a light/mod shower but actually a bit brighter than it has been. The more threatening clouds of earlier actually produced less rain than now! 

It wasn't a humdinger, then? :D

Posted

Raining quite heavily but sun trying to come out. Still as warm as hell