Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

yep, really looking forward to the storm chances this week - haven't heard any thunder this year. this forecast from the meto is perfect...

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Mainly dry and becoming very warm or hot with sunny spells. However, risk of scattered thunderstorms later on Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Fresher at times around the coast.

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Yep, I moved here during that warm spell, then it snowed a few days later and hasn't got much warmer since! Not bad today though.

Nice to see folk moving up to the Gaidhealtachd - August is incredible in your area with all the heather blooming, everything turns purple. Enjoy!

• Like 1

20.8c being the max so far, currently 20.5c. Very comfortable temperatures, only shorts and t-shirts needed.

Fairly humid again.

Next week looks good. Maybe not as warm as some runs suggested but not as bad as others.

I do see Wednesday now only predicting 24c when the GFS previously had 26/28 but that may just be normal variation. It'll be better than anything we have seen so far so can't complain and I've had a better summer than most in this thread thus far.

Lots of rain overnight and it does look like there will be a lot of T-storms about next week, could see some major associated lightning...

Two days of decent heat and thunderstorms, bring it on and let's not care about the rest of it :D I love proper thunderstorms almost as much as snow, and that's saying something!!

Posted

Watched the BBC Scotland forecast there and although it said it wouldn't be wall to wall sunshine and a bit cloudier at times no mention of these heavy and thundery showers at all for Tuesday and Wednesday and only some rain in the northwest.. Could do with another dry spell to be honest with you..

Posted

for Highlands area

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Very warm or hot with hazy sunshine. This could set off some thundery downpours. Mist and low cloud could affect the west coast at times :)

Watched the BBC Scotland forecast there and although it said it wouldn't be wall to wall sunshine and a bit cloudier at times no mention of these heavy and thundery showers at all for Tuesday and Wednesday and only some rain in the northwest.. Could do with another dry spell to be honest with you..

The GFS charts are showing a high risk of storms, could be an interesting few days, particularly Weds night.

post-2844-0-23161500-1435565923_thumb.pn

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Better than expected...

A little windy but I'm fairly sheltered here so the temp is up to 18.4c, should finish around 19.5/20ish I'd say as the air is quite cool despite the strong sunshine.

Today was me at to be only 16c and cloudy. Tomorrow was only meant to be 19c but has recently been upgraded to 22/23.

So this week looks decent, perhaps not the 35 odd degrees of the south (with high humidity) but

Maxes are (met office)

22, 26, 19, 22 for the working week which isn't bad from the (usually conservative) met office. Could easily beat those temps with a little luck.

A low of 18c on Wednesday morning may make sleeping problematic though, hayfever levels will be through the roof too :(

Swings and roundabouts and all that

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

The latest GFS showing great potential for thunderstorms in Scotland on Wednesday. It's not very often you see cape values of over 2000 j/kg and LI of -9 in Scotland. I really hope there is enough ingredients to trigger these storms! 

ukcapeli.pngukcapeli.pngukprec.pngukprec.pngukstormrisk.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Better than expected...

A low of 18c on Wednesday morning may make sleeping problematic though, gay fever levels will be through the roof too :(

Swings and roundabouts and all that

Time for a Pride March? :D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Time for a Pride March? :D

I have now edited the post ;)

I f***** up on that one. My bad. It was not intentional haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

The latest GFS showing great potential for thunderstorms in Scotland on Wednesday. It's not very often you see cape values of over 2000 j/kg and LI of -9 in Scotland. I really hope there is enough ingredients to trigger these storms! 

ukcapeli.pngukcapeli.pngukprec.pngukprec.pngukstormrisk.png

Oh marvelous, more fkn rrrrain eh!

Cape values can get tae, bring me sunshine and only sunshine.

Big whaur's mah sunshine Innes

• Like 3

whats the chances of these storms on wedensday coming over west lothian?

Going by current charts, I think you've got a reasonably good chance :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Going by current charts, I think you've got a reasonably good chance :)

thats sounds good chances likes! :D maybe just maybe i will see lightning at night for the 1st time in ages

thats sounds good chances likes! :D maybe just maybe i will see lightning at night for the 1st time in ages

I know what you mean, I haven't seen lightning at night for ages, certainly not proper fork lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

That little storm looks pretty good for tomorrow evening, could be a taster of what's to come! Let's hope it actually does materialise and doesn't fizzle out altogether!! :yahoo:

Posted

19c already with a strong SW wind  summer is here.  A  bit cloudy but some breaks appearing should ripen up all the green strawberries in the garden.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

18'C to start off the day, very gentle southerly wind with cloud slowly breaking up.

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Tomorrow probably has the best potential for intense thunderstorms we've seen in years. It's not often you see Scotland at highest risk in a Spanish plume set up, but all the models are pointing towards an unsually high potential tomorrow. May 2006 anyone? :D

Special wee storm risk today for us in the eastern Borders, GFS has been keen on this for a few days now:

post-2844-0-73010700-1435651673_thumb.pn

Edit: Actually, apologies for a severely IMBY first effort at this post, the storm risk moves north during the late afternoon and evening:

post-2844-0-61494000-1435651988_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-25677000-1435651990_thumb.pn

Far more widespread risk tomorrow though, a lot of people should see some action:

post-2844-0-89445100-1435652231_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-46190600-1435652236_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-94756800-1435651794_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-91535700-1435652237_thumb.pn

post-2844-0-70121900-1435652234_thumb.pn

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

13.2c and drizzle after reading some of the temperatures you guys are getting this morning I've realized it's happened ground hog day forever .enjoy the thunderstorms today and tomorrow looks like drizzle for me

Posted

13.2c and drizzle after reading some of the temperatures you guys are getting this morning I've realized it's happened ground hog day forever .enjoy the thunderstorms today and tomorrow looks like drizzle for me

Will almost certainly warm up considerably for you later on!

Posted

Tomorrow probably has the best potential for intense thunderstorms we've seen in years. It's not often you see Scotland at highest risk in a Spanish plume set up, but all the models are pointing towards an unsually high potential tomorrow. May 2006 anyone? :D

4/5/2006 I remember that well.. The entire day was on the cloudy side but very warm and humid.. The evening seen huge Thunderstorms rolled in across the Glasgow area giving hours of non stop lightning Florida style storm but bad flash flooding.. Think we got 24c that day aswell..

• Like 1